IMDb > "Guns of Paradise" (1988) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Guns of Paradise" More at IMDbPro »"Paradise" (original title)

Paradise/Guns Of Paradise/Fantastic Series!!

Author: MCETXCEM from Morgans Point Resort, TX
29 December 2003

Recently I have been going through the series I taped in the end of the 80's and I found I have 26 episodes of the Series Paradise/Guns Of Paradise which I just transferred to DVD, this is a series that I would like to see released on DVD as each episode deals with the human condition

The lead character is Ethan Allen Cord a gunfighter who tries to escape his past by taking care of his sister's four children, who come into his care when his sister finds out she is dying, there is Claire, Joseph, Ben and Young George, each episode has the human element such as the episode "The Plague" where the town of Paradise comes down with Small Pox

I found every episode was excellent and I highly recommend this one as family viewing, the only characters I didn't like were Henderson(**The Banker**), Deputy Charlie(What A Wimp), Johnny Ryan was a hoot!!

To those of you out there who would like to trade episodes, please email me.

Best 80s western, would still hold it's own today....

Author: voyager459 from United States
13 January 2005

To my knowledge they have never released this series on tape/DVD or I would have jumped on it in a heartbeat. Would love for my kids to see this series, Named my son after the lead character.. :) Would love to trade with anyone that has this series..

My wife and I watched this series from the time it first aired to the time it was canceled. What a shame, this series was good and family oriented. All about a wrongly accused Gunslinger that tried to leave his past behind when he went to care for/raise his dying sisters 4 kids. It may have been a formulaic series, slightly predictable but it was worth your time, unlike many of the shows on the "tube" these days... Wish it was still in syndication.. :(

Thanks..

A good Western

Author: Jean from Lawrenceville, GA
10 August 2001

"Paradise" was a good western, if a bit predictable. Lee Horsley seems to fit the cowboy/gunfighter-with-a-good-heart role nicely. Probably the one thing that lead to the demise of this show was that Westerns were not what the viewing public wanted at that time. Too bad.

If only,

Author: EPar801 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
11 December 2004

This was a good western Lee Horsely really knows how to ride a horse, the supporting cast was good and the stories were usually interesting. It was good to watch Dehl Berti play a believable one of The People (or "Indian," I suppose) and I really enjoyed the late John F. Bloom III playing Tiny. Sadly we only saw two seasons before it was superseded by "The Young Politically Correct Riders" and of course "Dr.Quinn...WOMAN Woman." Reckon today it'd be "Survivor-Paradise" or "C. S. I. Paradise." I can't wait until it's available on DVD. My parent's generation had Wagon Train and Gunsmoke and here's hoping the next generation will discover Paradise (with or without Guns.)

I miss this show!

Author: thanson-10 from United States
18 July 2007

Paradise was a great show that never gained the popularity it deserved. It was my and my husband's favorite, and we were so disappointed when it was canceled. It was a warm family show that I would love to share with my kids if it was ever on in reruns. Lee Horsley was perfect in the starring role, as were the kids. We also liked Dehl Berti as John Taylor and Sigrid Thornton as Amelia. It had family values mixed with action and humor.

I've just about given up on it being offered on DVD. So, if anyone knows where I can get copies of any episodes, let me know. I'd love to see them again.

Paradise Television Series

Author: ritschmitt from Green Bay
23 September 2006

Paradise was my all-time favorite television series. I can't exactly explain why. It was all the characters. They were all so real to me. I was only able to tape 10 of the episodes. It was a particularly turbulent time in my life. Now, I have begun a search to find copies of all of the 56 episodes. Or, wouldn't it be wonderful to see the series return to television? I don't know what the process is to make these things happen. However, I am the eternal optimist. Are there others out there who share my feelings that this show is very important. Perhaps we could pool our ideas together and take the necessary steps toward that goal. Does anyone have copies of the episodes of the show that they would be willing to share? I am open to all suggestions. Please let me know. Thanks, Warm Regards, Rita Schmitt

Awesome series!!

Author: Simon P. Beyer from Holbæk, Denmark
19 October 2006

"Paradise"/"Guns Of Paradise" aired on Danish television around 1990. I remember it clearly. I was about 10 years old back then and I loved to watch the series. I think the main reasons why it is so memorable are the characters (especially Ethan Cord), the atmosphere, the music and the fact that the series deals with basic human spirit - general topics like love, hate, responsibility, challenge, adventure, etc. All those things that every person can relate to.

There was just something very special about the whole thing. I was never much into westerns, but this one just touched me deeply. I regret to say that all I have on tape are four episodes from the final season and part of one episode from season two. I used to have more episodes on tape, but I must have erased them when I was younger. I remember the episode "The Plague" - I remember something about a violent fight between Tiny and Ethan in that episode. Am I right? I also slightly remember the character of Johnny Ryan...

I would love for the series to be released on DVD someday. I dunno if it'll ever happen, but it would be great. It was for sure the best series I ever caught. I watch the four episodes I have on tape occasionally. It's a tremendous joy. :-)

Spectacular!

Author: Jacinto (dcmajacinto@aol.com) from Elkhart, Indiana
8 March 2002

This show is a favorite of mine and my husbands. Too bad Westerns weren't popular at that time. It might of lasted longer. We like it so much that we're trying to find copies of the episodes from the show but have been having extreme difficulty locating. We even went so far as to contact Ingrid Thornton on her web site but have still had no luck in finding any episodes. Anyone have copies they'd like to sell or know specifically where we could find? Please contact us.

Terrific chemistry

Author: claire497 from United Kingdom
12 June 2007

Paradise was a lovely show. I have never been so hooked on any TV show before or since. The main reason and vital ingredient was the terrific chemistry between the two leads.

The children's acting was also of a high standard. I never realised that they had decided to make 13 more episodes entitled "Guns of Paradise" though. Seems to me the producers/directors made a big mistake in moving away from the relationship of Ethan and Amelia as although it was in the background most episodes, I think it was probably the main thing that kept people watching especially my mum and me!

They should have made "Dust on the Wind" the final episode (we assumed Ethan and Amelia would get married as her divorce had come through)as after that there really wasn't anything else to write about without the show becoming repetitive and a bit silly!

Still great viewing!

Author: AubreeJolley from United States
6 May 2006

Of all the obsessions I had as a child, this is definitely one of my favorites. I went so far as to tape almost every episode - much to the dismay of my poor parents. I spent hours comparing my life with and becoming Claire Carroll, as I had two younger brothers the ages of Ben and George, and another, older brother (forget the other five siblings). Now, years later, the tapes are in wretched condition, but I still pop them in occasionally and watch and laugh. I even learned to sew so I could make clothes like the ones Sigrid Thornton wore. What fun memories. A few years ago I saw 'Paradise' played in repeats on a cable station and wondered if it might happen again. And what will it take to get it out on DVD?