IMDb > Teen Wolf Too (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]

Sweet Merciful God Why?

Author: bordentownfilms (bordentownfilms@aol.com) from Burlington, NJ
24 February 2004

After a lifetime of watching movies and searching for the greatest moment in cinematic history, I've finally found it. Is it Orson Welles' breathless death-rattle of `. . . rosebud.' In Citizen Kane? No. How about Al Pacino giving Fredo the kiss of death in Godfather II? Try again. What about Peter Finch screaming into the Network camera `I'm mad as hell, and I'm not gonna take it ANYMORE!' . . . not even close.

Are you ready? Here it is: the greatest moment in contemporary motion picture history is . . . in Teen Wolf Too when Jason Bateman (as the Wolf) runs across the park, leaps through the air in slow motion, and comes down with a Frisbee in his mouth-all without losing that stupid hat he had on!

Oh, but this film is peppered with other fantastic gems. Like the part where the Wolf and Chubby where cruising around in the University Corvette (what, your school didn't have one?) and they almost ran that guy on the bike over and the Wolf just kept laughing and laughing--good times; or what about when Chubby was in the ring and he bounced the smaller guy into the ropes, put his hand on his hip, twirled his fist and knocked the kid out; ew! ew! ew! I know! What about when the Wolf was singing `Do You Love Me!' Remember? When he had that little suit on and he was strutting his choreographed stuff with the team of wannabe Solid Gold Dancers? Box office dynamite!

I don't remember a huge portion of this film, because the part of my brain that controls my higher cognitive functions shut down somewhere between the part where Chubby farts and Stiles sits in the smell and the part where the science teacher walks away from Gomez Addams with a tail wagging from under her skirt. Just thinking about it makes my lobes tingle and go numb.

If there was one thing worse than the moron who played Stiles in Teen Wolf, it has got to be the guy that played Stiles in Teen Wolf Too. Oh my God that guy was horrible. The only highlight of this movie was when Stiles gets punched-out in between rounds of the big climactic fight scene-I like it because I've convinced myself that it was an outtake and he REALLY got hit. Take THAT Stuart Fratkin! What was he thinking? `Yeah, I landed a SWEET gig on Teen Wolf Too-I'm STILES! Just the springboard my career needs!' Yeah, look out DeNiro, here comes Stuart Fratkin.

My buddy Marc brought this movie over to my house and I'm not sure what to think. This is the same friend that exposed me to Pumpkinhead 2. The only thing I can figure is that he is one of many alien infiltrators sent to Earth to use bad movies to brainwash people into a zombie-like trance, making way for an alien take over. To those in a similar circumstance, I say RESIST! You're not taking my soul with Teen Wolf Too, Marc! I'm on to you fella!

I don't even know where to begin.

Author: ZacharyALL from Lincoln, Nebraska
25 July 2001

I am going to start out by admitting that even though I think the original Teen Wolf is a pretty stupid movie, I actually like it quite a bit. I don't know what it is about it that I like, but for the last couple of months I've found myself watching my copy of Teen Wolf about once a week.

I decided to purchase (you gotta OWN these titles, that's the fun of it.) a copy of Teen Wolf Too on eBay for $4. The only other time I had seen this movie was when I was in 4th grade, which was over a decade ago. I didn't remember much about it, save a couple of moments involving Chubby.

I just finished watching the movie for the first time in 11 years, and I can say with complete certainty that this is one of the worst movies I've seen in a LONG time. In many ways, this is the *perfect* bad sequel... The first film wasn't especially good or commercially successful, so it seems pointless to have even considered making another chapter in the Teen Wolf saga. They also weren't able to get the big star of the first movie (Michael J. Fox) to come back, so they instead focused on his cousin, whose personality is almost exactly the same. Even further, they decided to bring back a few of the characters from the first movie, only two of which are played by the same actors. Stiles, who was corny but funny in Teen Wolf, has been replaced by an actor who isn't nearly as convincing or amusing. Coach Finstock, who was the only genuinely funny character in the first film, is now played by a man whose line delivery made me laugh exactly zero times throughout the course of the film.

These discrepancies aside, the plot of this film is crap. It's basically exactly the same as the original, only even more sketchy. Anyone who hasn't seen Teen Wolf will probably not be able to make sense of the plot, not that any of them would actually watch this ridiculous film in its entirety.

I could probably write a fairly long essay on the problems with this movie, but I'm limited to 1000 words here. I would comment more on the many specific elements that make this movie stupid, but I don't want to waste more of anyone's time. And since I'm trying to keep you from wasting your time, then I will recommend that you do not watch this movie. Ever. Anyone who says that this movie is not that bad is wrong.

Ouch

Author: Noel (Teknofobe70) from Bromsgrove, England
16 August 2005

It's a sad truth that there are a lot of bad werewolf movies out there. But there are a few that really stand out as being among the worst of the worst ... and "Teen Wolf Too" is undoubtedly one of them.

It follows pretty much the same plot as the first movie, which was itself a recycled formula. Todd Howard (cousin of Scott from the first movie), a hard-working science student, arrives in college wanting to work towards becoming a vet. But there's one snag -- he's there under a sports scholarship, and unless he performs well in the boxing tournament his place in the college is at stake. Thankfully, he finds himself succumbing to his cousin's lycanthropic curse and becomes a popular and agile werewolf. But in the process he, of course, forgets who his real friends are.

There are numerous recurring characters from the first movie, some of whom have inexplicably moved to this college. There are Scott's high school chums, Chubby and Stiles -- Stiles is this time played by Stuart Fratkin, who also appeared in an episode of the TV show "Werewolf" the same year ("A Material Girl"). Scott's dad also makes a few appearances, as well as the Scott's coach, who is also played by a different actor this time. But of course, none of this matters ... without Michael J Fox, this movie was pretty much doomed from the start. He was pretty much the only thing that saved "Teen Wolf" from being a flop.

The dialogue is unbearable, the directing is clumsy, and the acting in places is downright appalling. Since this is basically a remake of the first movie, there's absolutely no reason to watch it. Just watch the original, and forget about this one altogether. There's hardly anything good to say about it at all. And believe it or not, it still made money. In fact it's very surprising that we didn't see a "Teen Wolf Three" the next year. Thank heavens for small blessings ...

This is cash-in sequeling at it's worst.

Author: Rob Taylor (Rob_Taylor) from London
22 December 2002

And to think that people complained that Return of the Jedi was too much like Star Wars...

They obviously hadn't seen this movie, which is basically the exact plot of the original with different actors. Not even a token piece of originality.

This is cash-in sequeling at it's worst, equalled only by the likes of Grease 2. Avoid it, or you'll think you're watching the original with new voices dubbed over the top.

Sucks

Author: elenoid (elenoid@iloveu.com) from Under the Waves
28 June 2003

Teen Wolf 2 is a pale copy of teen wolf. The first movie is great the second one just boring, not funny, and it sucks. The characters are faked and the plot is just the same as it is in Teen Wolf 1. I fell asleep when I first saw it, and I'm not going to see again ever.

Realistic and funny…

Author: cabdriver_casual (warrick_capper@hotmail.com) from Tokyo, Japan
20 September 2004

Unfortunately Teen Wolf Too Is neither. I know what you're thinking, 'it's a film about a teenage who can turn into a werewolf, or course it's not meant to be realistic'. Fair point, but I know that whenever I see a person turn into a werewolf I at least react, usually by saying 'what the s**t is going on here?' That's the main problem I have with film. Jason Bateman turns into the werewolf in the middle of a boxing bout and the whole school starts cheering for the wolf, without even thinking 'wow, a dude just turned into a werewolf, that's a little unique'. THEY DIDN'T EVEN GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT. Possibly because the cast had seen the original Teen Wolf and knew that it is possible for college sports stars to morph into werewolves when they face adversity.

Unfortunately the rest of the film is pretty weak, with alleged jokes misfiring at regular intervals and Teen Wolf singing 'do you love me'. Don't really have to say anymore about that…

I wont give away the end, just in case people are reading this and thinking 'wow, its been out for 18 years but it's only now that I feel the need to get amongst this cinematic masterpiece', but will Teen wolf decide to face the world as himself or as the wolf? Only time will tell.

A sequel that shouldn't have been made

Author: jdb1000001011 from Eau Claire, Wisconsin
22 October 2004

Does Hollywood ever learn? You can't top a film like 'Teen Wolf.' All you can do is defile its existence by producing a sequel like this. The movie isn't worth watching unless you're a Jason Bateman fanatic or a masochist.

The plot from the first movie is reduxed here, and poorly. The message is the same. The moral is the same. The only thing that's changed is the faces, because the majority of the cast from the first movie was wise to avoid this bomb. The dad from 'Teen Wolf' makes an appearance, and that's all I can remember (without checking the listing). A forgettable flop.

"Too" much of a bad thing....

Author: Mister-6 from United States
4 May 2000

Jason Bateman is no Michael J. Fox. Ouch.

And "Teen Wolf Too" is not as good as "Teen Wolf". BIG ouch.

Not that the original had anything going for it except for Fox, but this sequel doesn't even try. Just a change of locale and a COUSIN in the same family (explaining Hampton's appearance here) who gets on the boxing team as the wolf in question, forcing his grades to suffer, and blah and blah and blah....

Give me a break. For a comedy as insubstantial as this one to expound on the virtues of education is like Joey Buttafuoco talking about celibacy. I'm sorry, but "Teen Wolf Too" is just a bad excuse for a sequel to a movie that wasn't that great to begin with. Forget about it.

No stars and no excuses for "Teen Wolf Too": the movie that proves a movie about a wolf can just as easily turn into a dog.

Dear God, Why?

Author: thebishop2 from Heaven above
12 November 2004

This one ranks up there with Mannequin 2 and Weekend at Bernie's 2 as the worst sequels of all time. As if the cheesy first film starring Michael J Fox wasn't bad enough, some dink in Hollywood decided that a second must be made despite the fact that there were many obvious signs not to make it. Shouldn't the signs be clear when you can't get star of the film back, or half the rest of the cast who realized they'd be doomed to the C circuit forever?

This is just a poor rehash of an already terrible idea. Geek (Jason Bateman) going to school, is somehow into athletics when he should really be into studying and insects, is in love with the hot chick on campus but doesn't notice the blistering crush the longtime girl friend has on him. He turns into a wolf, parties, gets really good at sports, learns a lesson, and then wins as himself instead of using the magic powers Oden inferred upon him and discovers that the longtime girl friend is the hottest chick in the movie. yay.

I only have a few thoughts on this flick though. Why did they feel the need to bring back Mr Howard? I mean, they could have made a clean break, cast all new people and just made it another film that had a similar 'plot'. But instead, they bring back incidental characters from the first film that weren't that entertaining then. They bring back Scott's friend Stiles. How does he know Todd (Bateman)? I'm not really sure. I'm kind of surprised he knew him since this Stiles looks completely different do to either complete facial reconstruction or a casting change. Not that it matters, as the annoying character he is, the less you remember his face, the more better off you are.

Why is Chubby in this film? I mean, talk about bringing back a character that brought nothing to the table. The only thing he did in the first film was eat jello from a girls cleavege. Sure, we all want to do that just once, but it still shouldn't mean getting into another film.

And why Boxing? I mean, what colleges have a boxing circuit? And does Bateman look like he could hurt a fly? At least basketball, football or even baseball could pass. Hell, track and field!! But, alas, they decided Boxing was the way to go. Another great choice by these people. I'm shocked they're still working after all this.

At least Bateman has redeemed himself by doing some good work on Arrested Development. But it'll take an Oscar for me to ever forgive this horrendous film. Avoid it like the plague and thank the lord above if you've never seen it. Amen.

a piece of cinematic excellence

Author: jball242003 from US
30 November 2004

Whoahoho! There is no other word to describe this wonderfully delightful film of a college student who learns he can turn into a wolf whenever he wants!!! If you thought Teenwolf was good, just you wait and see how his cousin, played by Justin Bateman ,portrays a new role for the howlingly funny series of movies! One would think that Michael J Fox was an irreplaceble figure in this series, but not so fast my good friend! Justin Bateman was downright hilarious, and I was shocked to find that he was not nominated for an Oscar for this performance. This movie absolutely needed to be made! I'd say the high point of the movie comes when the wolf, with all his new college buddies, dances to a musical montage of "Do you love me (now that I can dance)"....Here's to hoping for a Teenwolf Three coming out soon!!!!

Page 1 of 6:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [Next]