King Roland of the planet Druidia is trying to marry his daughter Princess Vespa to Prince Valium, but Vespa is kidnapped by the evil race of the Spaceballs. The Spaceballs ask Roland a tremendous ransom: all the air of Druidia (you see, the air of Spaceball had serious pollution problems...). The King decides to offer a generous amount of money to a space rogue, Lone Starr, to persuade him to save Vespa. What follows is the parody of a _LOT_ of famous SF movies. Written by
Flavio Rizzardi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Spaceballs merchandise shown in the movie include: bed sheet, flame thrower, lunch box, cornflakes, towels, Yogurt figure, toilet paper, shaving cream, place mat, action figures. As part of the fair-use agreement between Mel Brooks and George Lucas, no legitimate Spaceballs merchandise ever existed in the real world. The lunch box and coloring book are simply The Transformers (1984) products with a Spaceballs logo stuck on them. See more »
When Dark Helmet is pulled horizontal by Ludicrous Speed, a nearby window shows the stars not moving. See more »
"Lord Dark Helmet! So we meet again for the first time for the last time!"
Brisk parody of "Star Wars" and other great science fiction films pits Bill Pullman and his man-dog/dog-man partner John Candy against Rick Moranis and Mel Brooks as they try to rescue Princess Daphne Zuniga from the clutches of the evil Space-Balls.
The cast are clearly enjoying themselves and there's a gag almost every minute, mostly notably the Star Wars gags. Some of the best are -
1) Pizza the Hutt
2) The 'Alien' Diner scene with John Hurt ("Oh no... not again!")
3) Yogurt the Yoda clone (also Mel Brooks; "Please, I'm just plain Yogurt.")
4) Dot's "Virgin Alarm" ("Designed to go off before you do.")
5) A pot shot at "Lawrence of Arabia"
6) The 'combing the desert' sequence
7) Rick Moranis 'playing with his toys'
8) The Statue of Liberty Transformer
9) The Planet of the Apes sequence
10) The light saber schwartz duel
11) The guard instructing Bill Pullman on how to properly do the Vulcan nerve pinch.
12) Accidentally capturing the stunt doubles.
13) The quote unquote "sexual tension" between Bill and Daphne.
And many more. Keep an eye out for this one.
"Where're you from?" - Daphne Zuniga
"I don't know. Somewhere in the Ford Galaxy." - Bill Pullman
68 of 93 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?