IMDb > Running Out of Luck (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Running Out of Luck More at IMDbPro »

Running out of brains, where director temple, needs a shot to his temple

Author: videorama-759-859391 from adelaide, australia
18 March 2014

I know enough about this movie to know it's bad, really, really bad. I had seen a couple of times back at the end of 97. The title dictates the whole worth of the movie, as if in silent parody. What do I remember about it- the start being the being the best bit, with a loud choreographed film clip to one of Jagger's lesser known songs, that was impressive. What followed wasn't. I remember Jagger on his big beautiful sailboat, going off at wife, Hall, spouting out in his repellent Mick voice "You make me sick". Well this movie made me sick. My standout visual moment I remember, had Mick stranded in the desert, coming across a empty Mcdonald's wrapper. Honestly, judging by it's cover of a cool looking Mick, chewing on the bands of his sunnies, this open image occupying the whole cover, you'd expect a much better movie. Here again, with misjudging the cover, you've been very deceived. The plot is ludicrous. As it comes to wraps, we hear Mick's current big song of that period, play, "Give me just another night". Not with this flick you don't. It's the sort of flick, if pirating it, you be very quick to replace it. If not replacing it, you've got serious psychological problems. Not one of Mick's best. Neither is his performance. Rae Dawn, and of course, the late great Hopper, wasted in another fizzer, outperform him in a film. who's director needs a stoning. Forgettable fodder.

Rae Dawn Chong is hot & the story was amusing...

Author: cynthetta from United States
9 January 2007

It's been so long ago, I only remember a few things about this movie. Casino, banana plantation, Rae Dawn Chong wearing a HUGE brimmed hat & seducing a prison/jail guard with her luscious breasts, only to have him pass out after suckling her drug-laced nipples.

I thought about this movie not too long ago, wondering if anyone else had seen it & had similar impressions. A little disappointed when I decided to search on this site & there's nary a comment. Pity! I was sick one afternoon, "Running Out of Luck" was on, and, perhaps, the title suggested how I was feeling.

Surprised by Mick Jagger's role in the film, I was actually quite impressed that he could act! Heck, I'd watch it again if only to check my memory banks about that fabulous overhead shot of Rae Dawn sashaying down the prison corridor!