IMDb > Predator (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Predator

Predator More at IMDbPro »

Page 15 of 63: [Prev][10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Wicked!

Author: GobaMatej from Slovenia
10 January 2008

This movie is great fun. Predator is really one of the best bad-asses in the movie history. Maybe he doesn't act much but he has the moves all bad-asses need. He has a bad-ass face , bad-ass moves, bad-ass humor (who the hell are u) and a lot of charisma for an alien! Yes maybe Arnie is not the best actor but this roll is written for him and him only. As far as the macho things go Mctiernan does it very slick.. The part where Arnie and Carl meet and the camera shows the muscles i mean hell maybe is a little too much macho but hell u know its meant to be that way and hell they really have muscles.

The story itself is not complicated but its doesn't need to be. Its pure action and the tempo is high and all the 1 line jokes are funny (i don't have time to bleed, it ain't no man) Overall great fun, great action and Predator at its best!!

This film is classic cult

Author: monkey_dude-1 from United Kingdom
8 January 2008

The film is extremely well put together and acted in my opinion. I feel that it's just a really good action/horror movie were you can relax and watch some mindless violence. No, seriously I feel like the predator or "yautja" were really well put together and were very realistic. I also found the actor very good, even Arnie who is not one of my favourite actors helped raise the tension with his acting. the fact that the predator is always watching yet you cant see him is a great scare factor and helps to get you on the edge of your seat as you don't know when he's going to attack. All in all an excellent cult classic that will please anyone who wants to watch a great film which will raise your adrenaline levels to the max.

An Amazing Sci-Fi Adventure. Def a Classic

Author: FilmFanInTheHouse from Berkshire, England
26 September 2007

Predator (1987, Dir. John McTiernan)

Dutch and a small group of commandos and sent by the CIA to a Central American Jungle, to rescue capture airmen from Guerillas. But it's not the armed terrorists which are the problem. Something hidden in the jungle, something invisible to the naked eye, something not of this earth is the problem. As Dutch and his men had back to transport, they are slowly targeted one by one.

If you enjoy the Alien series, then you are going to like this. No questions about it. 'Predator' is just a amazing classic sci-fi film. The actors all give amazing performances, with this being one of Arnold's best roles. Each character has their own identity. The special effects are amazing and although the story is basic, it really keeps you hooked. The Predator when fully revealed has an amazing look and really gives an amazing feeling to it. If you haven't seen this, then where have you been?

"I don't have time to bleed." - Blain (Jesse Ventura)

A masterpiece. This film is excellent!

Author: burninater10 from United States
14 September 2007

If you have not seen this movie before, I strongly recommend it. Here's the idea: 7 members of an elite rescue team are sent into the jungle to rescue some very important people. But, as soon as they come there, they realize there is some kind of force stalking them... and it is picking them off, one by one.

Basically, this movie is the ultimate sci-fi horror there is, next to Alien. The acting is superb, the action is great, and the score is quite simply the best you'll ever hear.

NOTE: I don't recommend this if you have a very weak stomach, because there are some intensely gory scenes. Aside from this, it is still nonetheless a great masterpiece. Although Predator 2 got an NC-17 rating, this is still pretty gory... Highly Recommended

One of the top 3 action movies ever!

Author: capt-john from Long Island, NY, USA
3 July 2007

I have seen this movie dozens of times and it's still a thriller, even though I know what will be happening. The cast of characters is totally awesome and rarely have competitive action movies included so many unique and compelling personalities. I was really disappointed when the "Governator" did not reprise his role in Predator 2 and also that a Predator 3 hasn't been delivered yet. I realize that Kevin Peter Hall (the Predator) died after the second movie, but they made an Alien vs Predator, so get someone else. This original Predator movie is #1 on my list with the Terminator series a close second. I really hope the powers that be come around and do a "final" sequel where we can get back a little revenge on these inter-galactic lizards.

A fantastic action/ sci-fi horror movie

Author: Rautus from United Kingdom
2 July 2007

Predator has to be one of my favourite movies since it has action, gore, great acting, a great music score and one of the coolest creatures in history. The Predator looks so cool with the weapons, mask, the roar, the dreadlocks, the face and the characteristics created by Kevin Peter Hall. The plot sees a crack team of commandos sent to the jungles of South America to rescue some hostages and once they get there they discover that it was a cover up, they was just sent there to stop a major invasion. As they try to get to the pick up point they find themselves being hunted by the Predator that is blending itself with the jungle. I won't give out too much of the film otherwise it will spoil it.

Predator is a classic 80's action/ sci horror movie that has to be seen. 10/10

A cracking good Sci-Fi/action movie!

Author: azcowboysingr from United States
28 April 2007

I rate Predator as one of my all-time favorite Sci-Fi/action movies. The plot is totally believable, the acting is very competent, the action is non-stop, & the "predator" is a real class act of costuming & SFX. I have always been a fan of Arnold's, but this one is one of his best, along with Conan, Commando, Terminator, & of course, The Villain (a hilarious hoot of a Western parody!). This film is one I never tire of watching when I need a fix of fright & testosterone soaked heroics. The only Sci-Fi film I like as well is "The Thing" (the John Carpenter version), for much the same reasons. The music adds a lot to this movie too...perfect for an "army meets the monster" flick. True, as some folks have pointed out, there are some errors in it but just watch it for the fun of it & you'll probably never notice the goofs they allude to. My wife even likes this film & she's not big on gore & bad language.

A Perfectly Made Action Film

Author: Mark1988 from Australia
13 April 2007

First to dispel the inevitable confusion about the above rating. How can a film about an alien killing marines in the middle of the jungle afford a "eight"? The answer is not a question of whether the film's premise is worthy of this rating, but whether the film itself is nine worthy. 'Predator' most certainly deserves to be praised. It is one of the best action films ever produced.

This is because within the confines of the action-film genre, Predator fulfills every criterion faithfully.

The first rule of action films, entertain the audience. Predator passes this test with flying colors. It is very watchable and is bound to keep any action fan happy. This film is simply never boring and maintains the tension the entire way through.

The second rule, don't try and overload a story, focus on its execution. This is where the magic of Predator comes to the fore. The audience is kept entranced not because of the film's inherent charisma, but rather the way it is put together. The cinematography and sound is used for suspense rather than spectacle. The film oozes atmosphere and mood to the point where you feel as though you are stuck within the "world of hurt" on screen. This is why this film is just so much fun. It strips away the aspects that make some action films unbearable. 'Predator' is perfectly made. McTeirnan's direction is faultless.

The third rule; have distinct characters that people can still relate to. This is another area where the film strikes gold. The characters are masculine, macho and muscular. They tell dirty jokes and kill things. Yet despite their obvious similarities the entire ensemble seems unique. They are given plenty of screen time before things inevitably start to go wrong. As a result, it is much easier to connect with the marines and the unfortunate situation they find themselves in.

The fourth rule; stage terrific action sequences. The action sequences in this film aren't grand in scale but are dazzling in execution. Completely entertaining despite the film's budget.

Predator is beautifully made from start to finish. It follows every convention within the action genre but is so tightly directed it is still very much worth the effort. Movie Makers take note when producing the next brainless, adolescent-fantasy action romp. If more film's followed McTeirnan's example the action genre wouldn't be so rampantly dull.

"What's a matter"

Author: pilhouse69 from United States
24 February 2007

Predator is the ultimate action film ever made. It combines a stirring plot, graphic violence (tastefull yet unsettling), huge explosions, and a cast of wonderful characters that just make this film come to life. The setting alone makes for a wonderful movie going experience. Taking place in deepest darkest jungle of Cambodia, this film takes you on a journey that will make you stand up and cheer at it's conclusion. Arnold Schwarzenegger give the performance of a lifetime, and Carl Weathers shines with Excellence. Gunplay, knives, mischief and mayhem are all involved in this 80's classic. I promise you will not be disappointed in the least.

Terrific action film!

Author: cliftonpana from United States
23 December 2006

Wonderful action film! Really enjoyed it!

Predator is a film which can easily be enjoyed as a piece of entertainment. It isn't edgy, it isn't subtle and it doesn't give us much to ponder on but for a two hour roller-coaster ride I can't think of many films which can match this.

The acting in general is quite good, the actor who plays the PREDATOR does so very well as well as Carl Weathers. Many people have criticized the film for being a kill fest but there is depth here, it might not come from the characters but it certainly does from the plot.

The script is excellent and must have evoked a lot of imagination when first reading it. The films interpretation of the PREDATOR is very impressive, with very good special effects definitely deserving its academy award, indeed there is a lot of innovation here especially in CGI effects. This combined with John McTiernans great direction gives the film a brilliant visual look with steady cinematography which lets the story flow easily. However I couldn't help but think that the world was a bit too stereotypical.