« Prev | 2 of 46 Episodes | Next »

I worked on this film & saw it ..

Author: Nancy E. Barr (nellen) from So. California
26 May 2006

I was the production coordinator on this PILOT .. they went through MANY for the part of Brandon's father and chose David at long last .. when Brandon walked into my office, I told him he had his Dad's eyes (also worked on GREEN HORNET .. one of our ABC shows . .and we were on same lot with MANY Fox shows at that time.. GH was my FAVE .. Bruce Lee & I lunched almost daily) AND I told him that I met him when he was a baby (sure he loved hearing that:) .. SUPER nice young man .. he hung out in our production offices a lot . the told him he could NOT right his Motorcycle (insurance purposes) . .but I would BET he did .. he was just lovely, as was his Dad .. was NOT the tease to ME as Bruce was (perhaps cause I was his Mom's age or so) .. but polite and sooo enjoyed being a part of the project .. I was shocked and aghast when I heard about the IDIOT propman who screwed up royally with the "PROP GUN" .. AND when you aim at someone . you NEVER airm at them .. just in case .. sooo a LOT of errors there ..

BUT .. I agree that it was not the best script/film done .. obviously, or it might have sold .. but I sooo enjoyed working with the Cast & Crew on this particular show.

About Fu...

Author: Lara Li
3 December 2012

I have seen little from that pilot and I never wanted to see more. No wonder nobody wanted to buy it. Brandon Lee is THE ONLY things to watch in it, anyway. There's no content, no connection, nothing. Many people complain the sequel, 'The Legend Continues' did not have real martial artists. Well, apparently it doesn't work that well with martial artists, either.

I'm really really glad they decided to opt for hiring pure actors for 'Kung Fu: The Legend Continues'. If they had martial artists they'd end up making yet another martial arts series/film. The series have their imperfections, of course, but if there's anything perfect in them it was the flawless acting of David Carradine and Chris Potter and the amazing bod they had - on and off screen.

Kwai Chang Caine

Author: tobygross73 from United States
11 April 2008

Only one person should play Caine - David Carradine! David Darlow has yet to have a successful series, he's done a lot of movies, playing big parts like "guy#3" "burglar" etc. Hopefully "True Nature" will turn his career around. I cannot believe that Brandon Lee would play in this movie since his dad was denied the part in the original series. And then for it not to get picked up. sheesh. This movie was horrible. Oh horrible to the end. It strayed so far form the movie and the series. I refuse to ever watch it again. I'm ashamed to admit I watched it once. It appeared on CBS Summer Playhouse which aired t v pilots that hadn't been picked up. I'm sooo glad it didn't.

This pilot was so bad it took them 5 years to fix it and revamp it with new actors. The revised "The Legend Continues" with Carradine and Potter was awesome.

Brandon Lee only reason to see this.

Author: Neo-212 from Lexington, KY
17 May 2000

This movie pilot is pretty tame when it comes to the martial arts sequences. Really the only reason to watch this is to see Brandon Lee in one of his first roles. He does a little fighting but not much. The guy playing his father is pretty dull and obviously has no ability in the martial arts whatsoever. In summary, only avid Brandon Lee fans should check this out because it's pretty lame.

Pretty horrible movie

Author: rebeljenn from Bath, England
7 January 2006

It has been a long time ago since I saw this on television. It was one of those television movies that you feel you want to watch because you watch the television series that it is based on. For a while, 'Kung Fu' was very cool, so they produced these movies for television about it in the late 1980s. None of the movies were particularly any good. They were just a lot of kung fu action and a pretty bad plot to follow. This one was just dull and I don't remember much about it, and it stumps me as to wonder why they bother making a full-length television film with a bad script. I don't remember much about it now, but I remember that it was a very dull movie to sit through and they really did flog the advertising for it on television.