IMDb > Creepozoids (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Amazing

Author: (nker@free.fr) from Paris
25 January 2002

The best movie I've ever seen about men running back and forth in corridors. As far as corridors and men running back and forth are concerned, it's a masterpiece. Thumbs up to David de Coteau for this running around extravaganza.

The best bad movie I've ever seen!

Author: Alex Preston from UK
25 April 2001

Now I've seen a lot a terrible horror films, but this is about the worst. It was so bad that when we watched it the first time on video, we just had to keep rewinding and playing the 'worst' scenes over and over again, until we could take it no more.

It was absolutely hilarious!! The giant rats could not be any less animated, although having said that, the actors were worse!! Their attempts at terrified screams were worthy of Oscar nominations in the comedy category.

Watch this film when you a feeling miserable!! It cannot fail to make you laugh!!!

Quigley!!!!

Author: davezilla69 from AZ
21 May 2004

I have to agree with Dr Gore on this one. The highlight would be Linnea Quigley showering and the low point would be the rest of the movie where it wasn't showing her in a shower scene. I saw this movie when I was a kid and thought it was really cool, I mean, come one, a big cheesy, rubbery alien tearin' ass, post apocalyptical wastelands, Quigley showering.......excellent! So, I saw it on ebay and bought it. I still like the Quigley showers, and the cheesy alien is still worth a laugh or two, but now I see the post apacalyptical wasteland is really a low budget dirt field with a warehouse. Ahhh, the 80s. What was everyone thinking...besides scream queen Quigley showering? Of course it had a high spot (in case you didn't catch it, Linnea Quigly showering).

The Ideal B-Movie

Author: gavin6942 from United States
18 June 2009

In the near future, a group of Army deserters take shelter in an abandoned building to hide from acid rain and the two world superpowers remaining (presumably the United States and Russia, though I do not recall the film being specific). What is locked inside the building, however, may be even more deadly than the war raging on outside.

"Creepozoids" is probably one of the most under-rated films of the late 1980s. While it is true that the plot is a bit thin, the acting average and the special effects not overly stunning, it doesn't deserve the low rating it tends to receive. IMDb, for example, gives this film a paltry 2.2 -- yet, I can say with confidence I've seen countless 5/10 films that were far worse and much less entertaining. This film has a certain B-movie fun factor to it that really provides a lot of charm.

What will probably draw most people to this film is the appearance of Linnea Quigley. And if you're looking for more of her clothes-free scream queening (if "Return of the Living Dead" isn't enough), this film will be right up your alley -- even in a world with contaminated water and rodents of unusual size, Linnea finds the time to have a steamy, sexy shower scene.

The Guy Moon score is cheesy but effective. The effects department... that's a bit odd. We have an alien in a rubber suit. Large rats that don't move at all unless a victim throws them. And a metal tunnel that is only filmed on two of the four sides, making it appear that the person crawling through it is merely low along the wall and not actually in a vent. If the budget was a concern, I think they saved a few dollars along the way.

I really did enjoy the film, though. At a short 70 minutes, the pace is quick and leaves little time to lose interest. Some of the bad dialog can be excused, and despite the fact many people have called this film derivative of "Alien", I just don't see it. I saw much more in common with splatter-melt flicks such as "Street Trash" or "Demons". In this department, the effects were top-notch.

I may be alone on this, but I'd love for Full Moon (or anyone) to release a special edition of this film, perhaps for its 25th anniversary in 2012. An audio commentary with the director and Linnea Quigley would be welcome, and if any outtakes, behind the scenes or cut shots exist, these might be of interest. I really found this to be a good example of an enjoyable film made on the cheap, far more fun and entertaining than bigger Full Moon flicks like "Puppet Master".

See it for the Creepozoid BABY ATTACK!!!!

Author: ManiacCop from san fran
27 October 2005

For what it is/what Creepazoids captures a time in cinema history. The time when robotic baby monsters, dry ice, apocalyptic times, needless gore and a few hot women created an 80's masterpiece. All be it, that when it ends, you are shocked. That the film only lasts 71 minutes. I enjoyed it. I am an 80's film fan, all types. But I especially like the ones like these, that make absolutely no point, there is no 'underlying meaning' to try to figure out. It's just what is it. I

Bottomline, if you're a fan of crap movies and consider them to be as entertaining as any Hollywood drama, then at least rent this movie. I just purchased it for $3 for my local video store. It's a keeper, simply for the fact that there are both monster babies and giants rats. period.

How to Write a Summary of this Flick, If There Is No Story?

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
22 December 2007

In 1990, during the World War III, five deserters of the army escape to an abandoned research facility, supplied with water and provisions. They decide to temporarily lodge in the place, and find that scientists were researching amino acids to reduce the need of food. But sooner they find that the place is inhabited by fierce and giant rats, a monster and a mutant baby. They are attacked and fight to survive.

The most difficult summary that I have written in IMDb is this one, since "Creepzoids" does not have a reasonable story. I first believed that Creepozoid was the monster, but then I realized that there is only one, and the title is plural. So I deduced that Creepozoids are the giant rats, but I am not sure. Ed Wood is probably shaking in his grave with the competition of the awful David DeCoteau. The cast is terrible, but fortunately it seems that Richard L. Hawkins (the worst) quit the career. He could be successful in running, since the cast was very well-trained spending the whole movie running in a corridor. The best scene of the movie is the sexy Linnea Quigley showering; the rest is absolutely forgettable. My vote is two.

Title (Brazil): "Creepozoids"

It won't creep you out, but it'll certainly entertain.

Author: Eric Spudic from Mt. Olive, Illinois
14 April 1999

Well, here's my story. I had been searching for this video for three years when I came across a copy for $9 in Best Buy. I rushed home excitedly, only to be slightly disappointed. I thought it'd be more of a classic with a title like that. However, it entertained and that's the important part. Very predictable, but aren't they all. Linnea adds spirit to the picture, as she always does with her goofiness and charming voice. The other people just kind of spit out there dialogue (sometimes terrible), and just look around for monsters. Also check for the time when the nerdy guy types stuff on the computer. See the famous names displayed. The best part about this flick is that "creepy" baby zombie! He steals the show afterall, though he's only at the very end...and still alive. If Charlie(Band) kicked in some more money, the producers could have used more than, like, 4 sets - some re-used for Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-a-Rama. Oh well, I'd love to see a sequel or a remake - Monstrozoids(?). Please, Dave? At least it had a fair plot and I liked it enough to watch it three times. Yeah, that box-art kicks butt, too.

If a doctor tells you that you have 3 months left to live...

Author: udar55 from Williamsburg, VA
23 October 2010

I highly suggest you spend it with director Dave DeCoteau because homeboy can make 72 minutes feel like years! It is post-apocalypse 1998 and a group of five Army deserters (including Linnea Quigley and Ashlyn Gere) find shelter from the acid rain inside an abandoned medical test facility. Bad news as this houses some big ass monster that likes to tear people apart. Oh, and a shower. This low-rent sci-fi horror is like ALIEN and ALIENS but on a budget of a few thousand. In the positive department, DeCoteau knows how to properly get exploitation material (nudity, gore, slime, mutant rats) up on the screen. The downside is there isn't really much else. The end has the hero (Richard Hawkins) confronting the monster alone and I swear he lets the thing sneak up on him about 50 times. To make matters worse, Creepozoid dies but immediately produces some mutant baby Creepozoid, Jr. that proceeds to sneak up on our hero 25 times before he strangles it with its umbilical cord.

Does creepozoids refer to the cast or DeCoteau?

Author: ThrownMuse from The land of the Bunyips
16 November 2005

Five young people desert the military during the apocalypse of WWIII and seek shelter in an abandoned research facility. Unfortunately, it is inhabited by giant rats and a...um...Creepozoid, I guess. This movie has approximately three main sets: The bedroom (and the nearby shower for the obligatory Linnea nude scene) where the characters hide when they are scared, the lair of the Creepozoid, and the hallway joining the two. In fact, most of this movie takes place with the characters running in the hallway, between the other two sets. There isn't much else to say about this. Oh yeah, the cast is cute, especially the lead. Unfortunately, he can't act and I reckon he slept with DeCoteau to get the role. Good for both of them. Gets an extra point for having a mutant baby in it for no ostensible reason.

What the hell?

Author: (slowbrooo@aol.com) from Syracuse, NY
17 November 2000

I got this movie just because of the name and assumed it would be a typical bad/campy B-movie. Let me just say that this goes WAY beyond just that! The first half of the movie is really generic, a bunch of idiots roaming around an abandoned building and getting picked off one by one by some monster. The necessary gratuitous sex scene and gratuitous shower scene consolidated into one sex-in-the-shower scene, which proves that the makers of Creepozoids are thrifty if nothing else. Now the first weird thing about this movie was that there is some virus floating around that makes infected people not have to eat, and gory stuff happens to them if they do eat. However, there is also a big monster roaming around attacking people which has NOTHING TO DO with the rest of the movie!! I was waiting for them to say something like "when people are infected with the virus for a long time, they turn into insane monsters!", but no, there just happens to be this thing hanging out in the same building as the rest of the characters. Now let me get to the "climax" of the movie - which takes up the entire last half of the movie!! OK, so the monster kills all but one of the characters, and he decides to try to kill the thing. Now, I looked at the counter on my VCR and said to myself, "hey, there's more than half an hour left in this movie!" There was no mistake in my addition - for half an hour, the guy attacks the monster, the monster throws him into a shelf or something, he gets back up, attacks it, etc. Eventually, he kills the thing... or does he? I think I groaned out loud as some movement is seen in the dead body of the monster. Suddenly, a disturbing baby puppet hops out of the dead body! A few minutes later (did I mention that this movie is a little slow paced?) the baby gets around to ambushing the guy, and he throws the baby away into a shelf, and the baby attacks him again, he throws it away, etc. I guess he kills the baby and the movie ends, but I can't swear to this. Things got a little hazy after seeing this surreal movie. If you really think you can handle watching what might be the most painful and cliched movie ever made, by all means, watch this movie! It is certainly the epitome of the 80's B-horror flick, at least as far as badness is concerned. If you want to see a good movie DON'T watch this one, for God's sake!!! 1/10

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]