IMDb > "Das Erbe der Guldenburgs" (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Das Erbe der Guldenburgs"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Das Erbe der Guldenburgs" More at IMDbPro »

a beautiful soap series from Germany

Author: jacob-139 from Netherlands
11 November 2005

Die Erbe des Guldenburgs... the Guldenburg inheritance. As a dutch person I can understand German without any problems, so I had the chance to enjoy the series when it first was on Germand TV (ZDF). I loved the glamor, castles, cars, jet set and the intrigues. The story is better then a standard soap series, with good story lines. In fact the whole story is about what can happen if the head of the family suddenly dies, in the strength of his life, without having made preparations for his wife and children, nor for his bastard child and his mother... who he secretly visited weekly.

After his death (car accident) all comes together, all are confronted by human items: greed, weakness, love, anger.

Anyway: a very good series, although at the end it was getting less interesting if you ask me. I am glad I recorded all though, it is nice to see them again occasionally... but then: I am a TV series addict!