IMDb > "DuckTales" (1987) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"DuckTales"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"DuckTales" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Now this is a classic series

Author: action-6 from Froland, Norway
14 August 2000

Ducktales stands as one of my all-time favorites of Disney`s tv-series. I just love this series to bits. There are many cool episodes that I remember from the time it was broadcasted over here in the early 1990`s. Some of the episodes were a bit scary too, but my favorite episode is the episode where Uncle Scrooge and his nephews go to Alaska to dig for gold. But I must also mention that some of the episodes could be a little cheesy and silly. The voices are also neat and it makes you laugh many times because it can be a bit over the top. None of Disney`s newer tv-series manage to entertain in the way that Ducktales did. A classic that I`ll never forget.

The greatest Disney T.V. show EVER!!!

Author: dootuss from PA
16 November 2002

What can I say? This show ROCKED when I was a kid, and it still rocks today. This show had great episodes, awesome characters (like GizmoDuck who ruled), and it was just excellent overall. My favorite episodes were the miniseries where Scrooge, and his nephews discovered the lost cities of gold. Who didn't love it when Scrooge faced Magica DeSpell, nemesis Glomgold, or the Beagle Boys? Those villians were awesome too! I wished I had Toon Disney so I could watch this piece of great 1980's cartoons again!

This gets a perfect 10!!!

Disney's greatest Animated Series

Author: Anthony Einsel from Duckberg
4 September 1999

Ducktales... one of the many greatest cartoons of the 80's. I'm in my teens and I still love the show. It's different from other shows with many colorful characters potrayed in many different kinds of ways. Scrooge is a hard-core businessman who's seen the world in search of treasures but later learns family is more important. Donald Ducks three nephews add a little bit of uniqueness in demi-genius children who goes by the Junior Woodchuck book. Finally, Launchpad McQuack, a bumbling inept pilot who likes to crash his plane and gives a pretty large grin at Scrooge when he does something wrong. It's perfect for anyone who was a child and loved this show to bits. Trust me... It's fun!

The best of the best.

Author: jaycub from Salt Lake City, Utah
1 June 2005

There seems to be a rapid decline in the quality of cartoons today. Watching Cartoon Network and Toon Disney proves that kids today are being subject to shows that can be labeled as mediocre at best. Despite their current popularity, Spongebob and the Powerpuff Girls lack the charm and longevity of the great cartoons of a few years ago. Warner Brother's newest Batman offering pales in comparison to "Batman the Animated Series," and Animaniacs and Tiny Toons seem to have vanished forever.

Just a few years back cartoons were well developed and exciting. They sparked kids imagination, and parents could sit down and watch these films with their kids and not worry about the content. The crown of all of these great cartoons was Ducktales.

Ducktales told the adventures (or misadventures if you will) of Scrooge McDuck and his nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie. The quadrillionaire would go to great lengths to find rare treasures, much to the delight of school kids around the world. Ducktales took cues from the Carl Barks comics that Disney produced, and kept the spirit alive with newer characters to play off of the original team. Launchpad McQuack could take Scrooge anywhere for a cheap price, landing safely was another story. Webby provided a girls point of view to the many situations, much to the chagrin of Scrooge's nephews.

Even in later years Bubba Duck and Fenton Crackshell/Gizmoduck provided stories that could encourage kids to shoot for the stars. I remember running home from school so that I wouldn't miss Ducktales.

Now that I'm older, I spot the sloppy animation and Lip Synch. I notice the continuity errors and painting mistakes; however, it doesn't matter. I still enjoy Ducktales for what it is, and I want to be able to pass along this great series to the children in my family. Even with the errors, Ducktales still stands as the ruler for which I measure all other animated series.

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg...

Author: crowrobot
8 August 2005

"DuckTales" was Disney's crown jewel in the 80's and 90's, a series that Carl Barks would be proud of. It represents everything that was cool about cartoons in that glorious period: quirky characters, awesome voice acting, animation that actually looks like it was drawn at one time, and an AWESOME theme song. All these years later, I still find myself humming the theme often.

The show centers around Scrooge McDuck, the richest duck in the world. Most of the time, he declares he only loves money, but frequent viewers know that he does indeed have a heart and a soft spot for his nephews and his faithful pilot Launchpad. Scrooge, Launchpad, and the nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie travel around the world having all sorts of adventures and battling classic enemies like the Beagle Boys or Magica De Spell.

"DuckTales" is just plain fun. Even today, in our cynical age, it still possesses the charm that made it such a favorite. Long live "DuckTales"!

Disney's version of "Indiana Jones"

Author: Mariomac from Perth, Australia
4 April 1999

I am fifteen years old, going on sixteen, and this is still one of my favourite shows. It had that level of smarts that wasn't achieved by secondary shows like "Goof Troop" or "Bonkers". A simple idea, pretty much just putting some classic Disney characters in a world full of mysteries and treasures to be discovered. This show also blends in some original elements of the classic characters into this new and often exciting environment, casting Scrooge McDuck as the greedy, self-centered rich man who, as the series progresses, learns that there's more to life than money through the eyes of his grand-nephews who have been left behind by their true uncle, Donald Duck, who decides to join the Navy. Heck, they even made a movie out of it with Christopher Lloyd that was released at the cinemas. That shows how popular it was. The second, and final season, however, took a downwards slope. Concentrating mostly on the new characters in the forms of Gizmo Duck and Bubba Duck, of whom no-one knew about and didn't really gel well with the classic duck community. Sadly, this brought the series to an unfortunate end which is a shame, because it was by far the best of the modern Disney animated series'.

DuckTales is a timeless classic!!

Author: simonbreuer from Germany
11 August 2005

I am a great fan of the DuckTales cartoon series, and I think that it is a real classic! As a child, I have seen almost all of the series in the evening when they were shown in Germany (every Saturday evening) and I was always looking forward to it. I think that most of the plots were interesting and exiting, and the drawings are made very well. Most of the cartoons which you can watch today, like a "modern" Donald Duck series, I think it's named "Uncle Donald and the boys", are of a much worse quality. Sometimes the plots of DuckTales also refer to classic themes, like to a Shakespeare play ("Much to do about nothing"), to Helen of Troy or to Homer, just to mention a few, or to historical events, like the first flight of the Hindenburg. I just loved to see how Magica de Spell screamed out loud "Next time lucky dime will be mine" or how Scrooge and Flintheart Glomgold talked with their "typical Scottish accent". There are only little things which could be better: I think that the 2nd edition is not as good as the first one; I loved to see adventures with the "classical stuff" like the Beagle Boys, Magica de Spell or Flintheart Glomgold, but I didn't like the new guys which were introduced during the 2nd part like Bubba and Gizmo Duck so much; in my opinion they did not really fit with the classical Disney characters. But nevertheless DuckTales is a real classic which I highly recommend to all people who like cartoons in general! I give it ten points as it's really my favourite cartoon!!

Best Disney Cartoon Series ever

Author: Twilight_Wraith
9 November 2002

Perhaps one of the reasons I like Ducktales so much is because of it's silliness and goofiness. But of course the characters are what made the show. Each one had a distinctive set of personalities, Scrooge the capitalist tycoon, his 3 nephews who are always getting into and somehow out of trouble. They're always somehow getting mixed up in silly adventures. The attitudes are perfectly balanced though, it's not necessarily what a character does that's funny, it's how they carry theirself and how they react to things. The contrasting personalities for each character makes this a great, fun show to watch anytime you're bored and need a smile on your face.

The best one of disney's TV-shows (and the best disney TV-theme)

Author: revival05 from Sweden
22 April 2000

This is one of my childhood favorites. And still today, when I sit down and watch those crap-quality tapes with the show, I laugh, cause some of the jokes are fresh today, and it's still filled with some quite great adventures. My favorite episode is when Scrooge is out to make an old airship fly again, and the ending is of course a mess.

Let's not forget Gizmo Quack.

Awesome!!!!

Author: Pimpin` Critic 69 from Your Critic of Critics
5 July 2002

I used to love this show when I was a kid. It had great story lines and familiar characters doing more interesting stuff then in the Disney shorts. Anyway, this show was hilarious! The show was great till Bubba showed up. Then Gizmo Duck showed up and saved the show!

Fantastic