IMDb > The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Page 11 of 27: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

The horror of hollywood

Author: Phil D'Amato from Texas
4 June 2000

TCM2 is a far cry from the orginal.It stinks like all the cheap sequels that were made.Dennis is horrible in many ways.Why can't hollywood learn this simple lesson.I have said it many time before.LEAVE THE CLASSIC ORGINALS ALONE.This is a big promblem in horror films the past 30 years.Psycho cheap sequels ruined the series.Did Hitch ever make a sequel to it?NO.TCM was a classic.Ruined by cheap sequels.Jaws sequels all stink.Halloween sequels stink.Friday had a few good one but most stink to.Listen hollywood.Why not promote a genre re release of the classics.I love to see the orginal Jaws,Friday,halloween,Tcm on the big screen.Try that you mellon heads.

TCM -34 ON THE RATING SCALE.

The worst movie ever

Author: revival05 from Sweden
4 June 2000

So it's here.

I knew it would come to me some day, and here it is... The worst movie of all times.

This horrormovie has got desperate matters of gore, the gore works as it should but where did the story fly away? Dennis Hopper should be laughable as the over-reacting nutty sheriff, but concidering the movie otherwise his character only gets bad and nothing else.

While I'm up complaining so much, I might also point out that this movie is a disgrace to the original. Sure, it didn't have much of a plot that one either but it scared the s**t out of me! And to make an effective SCARY horrorfilm, the demand is that the movie actually IS SCARY.

Awful, awful, awful, awful

Tobe Hooper's style is showing, but the script is the worst ever, so his try is tragic, near the pathetic line. Acting overall sucks, you'll scream against the editing, the plot is hardly even there. Sure, it has got VOILENCE but NOTHING ELSE, pitifull music and I wanted to shut the TV of more every second.

But I didn't, so I can rate it.

I give this movie B-O-M-B that is 0 out of 10, if I could lower the grade I WOULD.

There are three movies that deserve the big zero. It is PET SEMATARY 2 and it is CITY SLICKERS 2.

But THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 is the WORST OF THE BUNCH!

Everything the original was supposed to be...

Author: ecwaenigma from Chicago, IL
2 May 2000

TCM2 is a loud, gory, manic, satirical, over-the-top black comedy that is everything that people have claimed the original was, but wasn't. If you look at this film as a satire of family values and Reganomics, it is wickedly funny and perversely ironic in it's no-holds-barred attitude. Dennis Hopper and Caroline Williams are great in their roles as "Lefty" and "Stretch" (respectively), but the real scene stealer is Bill Mosely as the sicko Vietnam vet "Chop Top". With mind-numbing special effects by the master Tom Savini and a script that only comes along once a blue moon by L.M. Kit Carson, TCM2 is a film that must be seen to be believed.

This movie is just gross

Author: newsteadadam from Keene, NH
27 April 2000

I would say that this movie is one of the sickest movies I have ever seen. The first one isn't as bad as people make it out to be but this one, yuck! Besides seeing some guy get his face smacked with a hammer and than having his face peeled off, we get to see Leatherface get off with a girl and his Chainsaw. Oh boy.. I can hardly believe there was a script for this thing. If you ask me a group of people got stoned out of their gourds and said, "Hey lets make a sequel", Only in Texas.

Infinitely superior the original

Author: B.M. from US
18 February 2000

I'm sorry to all those Texas Chainsaw Massacre fans out there, but the original is a tedious, poorly made film. I first saw TCM 2 when I was in the 5th grade at a friends house, and have been a fan ever since. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is an all out assault on the senses with an excellent intro and some pretty bad ass gory effects by the maestro himself - Tom Savini.

In case anyone hasn't seen this movie yet, do not expect a film like part 1. While part 1 was trying to give you a raw terror inducing feel, director Tobe Hooper decided to go for a more tightly paced, blackly humorous, gore extravaganza this time around. Which I must say, IMO, was a good decision by Mr. Hooper.

I just cannot see why anyone would pick the original over this classic 80's horror/comedy. Dennis Hopper does an excellent job as Lt. Enright, the uncle of the tortured victims from part 1, Sally Enright and her wheelchair bound brother Franklin. He does such a wickedly good performance I'm not sure if we should be fearing Leatherface and the cannibal clan....or him!

It really is an underrated movie which I feel most TCM fans should give another look. Certainly you couldn't do any worse than Leatherface TCM 3 or TCM The Next Generation. Truly Tobe Hooper's best film along with the previous year's strange alien/zombie/vampire epic - Lifeforce.

Bizarre end

Author: Ricardo-36 from São Paulo, Brazil
14 February 2000

I didn't see this movie from the begining to the end (when it was aired on brazilian TV), but when I realized it was TCM2 I just had to see it. Well, it's not a very good movie (the hammer-grandpa scene was hillarious -- and sick too) but you should see it. The final shot of the movie is one of the most bizarre and idiot things ever filmed. Don't see the final 15 seconds.

not as good as the first, but an underrated film in it's own right.

Author: cygnus x-1 from roanoke, va
15 January 2000

i just got around to seeing this movie a couple of years ago, after many years of listening to everyone's advice that it was a horrible movie.

while i think it is far from a bad movie, i think it tries to be too many things at once and as a result can come across as a jumbled mess to the unprepared.

basically, this film is everything that the original was claimed to be but actually wasn't: gory and excessively violent.

the structure of the film is also strange and offbeat, as well as the characters and the over-the-top acting.

anyone who hated this film the first time they saw it should go back and watch a second time with an open mind.

while far from being a classic like the first film, it does have a quirky charm and some great scenes and dialogue.

rating:7.5 "Dog Will Hunt!!"

One of the best black comedy, horror films of all time

Author: John Douglas (ultraindy@aol.com) from North Hollywood, CA
2 January 2000

Tobe Hooper's clever sequel to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of those rare gems that will forever be loved by some and hated by many.

To many horror purists, this film felt like a betrayal. While the original was gory, over the top, and sometimes chilling, TCM2 is in a whole different category of films. Hooper does an incredible job poking fun at himself and his original "horror masterpiece". TCM2 is black, morbid horror that will appeal to those that can appreciate movies like "Re-Animator", "Dead Alive", "Army of Darkness" in spite of their gruesome elements.

While some scenes are genuinely creepy and may give you cause to check your closet before going to sleep afterwards, for the most part the movie plays more to those that find oddball cannibals and serial killers funny in a twisted sort of way.

In it for the gore: skip this one and check out the original.

Can laugh morbidly at a sociopathic guy who scratches his exposed metal plate with a coat hanger and eats the little bits of scalp that comes loose: rent this one and enjoy.

Great direction, great effects. Worst ending ever.

Author: (cchirpa@aol.com)
16 October 1999

I will admit, right now, that I'm not the biggest fan of the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I've always been more of an Evil Dead/Romero's Dead series kind of guy. To me, it was one of those movies with lots of hype, and lots of fans. The movie I had constructed in my mind was far more gory, violent, and detailed in terms of both character and plot. The actual movie was shallow, if interesting, with not a whole lot more than some talented direction holding it together.

Then there was the second. With a chainsaw-wielding Dennis Hopper on the back of the box, I decided to give it a chance. Based on what I had heard, I thought perhaps it was more of what I had wanted from the first. I was almost right.

First off, I'll give credit to Hooper for two things. One is the direction. He knows how to effectively and stylishly handle a movie. There's a reason Speilberg brought him on for Poltergiest. With some incredible set design, it's an amazing movie to look at. The second thing Hooper did right was hire Tom Savini, horror make-up genius. The work he does, while limited, is wonderful. Sure, his talents are on better display in Day of the Dead, from the year before, but this is quite a work-out. The scene with the...mask...is disturbing, ugly, and beautifully executed. Even if you hate the scene, the effects work is top-quality.

Then there are the problems. The story is thin. It was thin in the first, but this one tries to make you care. It tries to create a few characters. That was something the first didn't come close to doing. Unfortunately, they aren't anything special. Hopper is fun, but he obviously wasn't willing to work more than a few days. I assume he did it for it's potential as a cult-classic. The villains are goofy, but not too scary. Still, they add to the cartoonish feeling.

And then there's the end. What happened? Were left with a rushed, confused, partial end. I won't spoil it for anyone, but it doesn't cover the bases it needs to. It negates most of the fun I had with the rest of the movie. And there was some fun to be had. After all, any movie that has Chainsaw dueling between Dennis Hopper and Leatherface has to be worth at least one viewing.

Probably the worst movie i've ever seen

Author: anonymous
7 July 1999

OK There is only one way to say this. This movie SUCKS HARD!!!!!!!! As a matter of fact, it is the worst movie ever made! I am a movielover and I have seen some crap through my days. When I saw '' Pet Semetary 2 '' i thought I would never see something that sucks that much. But who could guess???? Just a couple of days later I read in the newspaper. Texas Chainsaw massacre part 2. '' Wooooww ''. A sequel to one of the best movies ever created. So I even taped it. But what did I see? This is one of those movies that never should been made. Its not an unnecessary sequel like '' I still know what you did last summer '' or '' Species II ''. No no no. A sequel to Texas chainsaw massacre would be really funny. Enough talking. The ending credits in this comment is: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE PART 2 IS THE WORST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's the way it is.