Dylan & Petty at their best

Author: David A LaMore (fatlou26@hotmail.com) from Hawaii
29 December 1998

Bob Dylan along with the Heartbreakers was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Petty taking the back seat on the stage allowing Dylan to work his magic was the only way RAZ would have it. Later in the concert Dylan goes solo to do his acoustic version of "Its Alright Ma I'm Only Bleedin". If you are going to watch only 1 concert in your life, make sure it is this one.

Dylan and Petty on form

Author: Keith-Iddon from London
1 October 2005

I've seen Dylan 8 times live,(5 very good 3 poor)and one of these times was with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at the NEC in Birmingham in the late 80's.Dylan was poor then, but Tom Petty and his band were excellent.This video is film of a very good performance, with a blistering version of 'Its alright ma'that made my hair stand on end when I first saw and heard it.This is how good he can be,and quite often is.

There are one or two stumbling moments musically,but overall it is a great performance from all involved,particularly Dylan and Tom Petty and band.

Highly recommended.

Dylan & Petty

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
26 February 2008

Hard to Handle (1986)

*** (out of 4)

Bob Dylan, backed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers during their Australian tour. Highlights include the rousing acoustic versions of Girl From the North Country and It's Alright Ma as well as rocking versions of Like a Rolling Stone. Other highlights include the highly underrated I'll Remember You and Lenny Bruce. I wish Columbia would give this an official release here and include a full 2 1/2 hour show (instead of the 1 hour here).

It's time Columbia opened their vaults and started to release more of Dylan's concert videos. We have a great collection of live CDs so they should bring one of these shows out as part of that series and a new DVD line.