IMDb > God's Outlaw (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

God's Outlaw More at IMDbPro »

Solid Historical Drama

Author: Glaschu
22 December 1999

This played on Canada's CTS recently and I was glad to have the opportunity to see this rare piece of historical drama. I wonder how many other networks would play a movie about the trials and tribulations of the translator of the English Bible. This is a captivating story for those with an interest in the Bible, history and period films. If they made collectable superhero cards for translators, William Tyndale would be on one of them.

The dialog is well written and the performances are solid, fine English stage-type acting. Not Oscar award material but as watchable as any period stage drama I have seen.

Re: Excellent Film

Author: kjvman40 (kjvman40@earthlink.net) from Virginia
23 October 2004

God's Outlaw is an accurate portrayal of a giant of the Christian faith,I pray as I walk in this world to possess the same unmovable faith and courage as William Tyndale,Men such as William Tyndale, John Wesley,Martin Luther,John Wycliffe,and many more are the true example of what a hero is and they did it by Faith in God and God's unchangeable word with which cost Tyndale his life,Anyone who has read John Foxe's 'Book Of Martyrs' of William Tyndale's quest to translate the New Testament into the English Langage and not care about the consequences as well as all who laid down there life for the cause of Jesus Christ knows true courage and what it is not to compromise anything above Faith in God.

God bless