Acting under the cover of a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a science fiction film, a CIA agent launches a dangerous operation to rescue six Americans in Tehran during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran in 1980.
Craig and Smokey are two guys in Los Angeles hanging out on their porch on a Friday afternoon, smoking and drinking, looking for something to do. Encounters with neighbors and other friends... See full summary »
High school student Ferris Bueller wants a day off from school and he's developed an incredibly sophisticated plan to pull it off. He talks his friend Cameron into taking his father's prized Ferrari and with his girlfriend Sloane head into Chicago for the day. While they are taking in what the city has to offer school principal Ed Rooney is convinced that Ferris is, not for the first time, playing hooky for the day and is hell bent to catch him out. Ferris has anticipated that, much to Rooney's chagrin. Written by
The address of Ferris' house is the address that was on John Hughes' house when he was a kid. See more »
When Cameron kicks in the front of the Ferrari he breaks the glass on the front turn signal, yet in the following scenes the floor under the car is clean with no broken glass visible. See more »
What could happen to it? It's in a garage.
It could get wrecked, stolen, scratched, breathed on wrong... a pigeon could shit on it! Who knows?
See more »
Mr. Rooney, having been chewed up by the dog, is walking down the street. A school bus driver lets him onto the bus, where the students are staring at him. Rooney notices one student has "SAVE FERRIS" written on his binder. See more »
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
Written by Morrissey (as Steve Morrissey) and Johnny Marr
Performed by The Dream Academy
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Records Inc.
By Arrangement with Warner Special Products See more »
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is the funniest 80's movie EVER! I can list some reasons why I liked this movie so much.
1. Matthew Broderick brings such joy to us playing Ferries Bueller, a character no one would hate. Ferris NEVER gets caught, is an expert at fooling his parents, everybody likes him, and nobody can avoid his favor and all. I want to be just like him!
2. Cameron, a geek friend of Ferris, is someone that portrays everybody's weakness. He is afraid of his parents, negative, and also very sensitive of his father's favorite car. This actor who plays Cameron was very, very good.
3. The principal who tries to prove that Ferris is not innocent and also kind of jealous of Ferris, is the most hilarious character in this movie. He sorta reminds me of my principal at High School.
4. Jennifer Grey plays Ferris's annoyed sister. She was great, and her bad attitude was somewhat hilarious.
5. Charlie Sheen's cameo of a guy in police station was absolutely funny.
6. This is John Hugh's BEST flick ever.
7. Mia Sara was sweet, she played Ferris's pretty girlfriend.
8. The most memorable scene was "Twist and Shout" scene, where all people dance in this song with Ferris lip-synching.
9. Cameron's speechless and hopeless stare was excellent.
10. After watching this movie, I am planning to take a Day-Off of my own!
Overall, I give A+ for being the best teenage movie.
104 of 151 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?