A young tomboy, Watts, finds her feelings for her best friend, Keith, run deeper than just friendship when he gets a date with the most popular girl in school. Unfortunately, the girl's old... See full summary »
Mary Stuart Masterson,
High school student Ferris Bueller wants a day off from school and he's developed an incredibly sophisticated plan to pull it off. He talks his friend Cameron into taking his father's prized Ferrari and with his girlfriend Sloane head into Chicago for the day. While they are taking in what the city has to offer school principal Ed Rooney is convinced that Ferris is, not for the first time, playing hooky for the day and is hell bent to catch him out. Ferris has anticipated that, much to Rooney's chagrin. Written by
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is the funniest 80's movie EVER! I can list some reasons why I liked this movie so much.
1. Matthew Broderick brings such joy to us playing Ferries Bueller, a character no one would hate. Ferris NEVER gets caught, is an expert at fooling his parents, everybody likes him, and nobody can avoid his favor and all. I want to be just like him!
2. Cameron, a geek friend of Ferris, is someone that portrays everybody's weakness. He is afraid of his parents, negative, and also very sensitive of his father's favorite car. This actor who plays Cameron was very, very good.
3. The principal who tries to prove that Ferris is not innocent and also kind of jealous of Ferris, is the most hilarious character in this movie. He sorta reminds me of my principal at High School.
4. Jennifer Grey plays Ferris's annoyed sister. She was great, and her bad attitude was somewhat hilarious.
5. Charlie Sheen's cameo of a guy in police station was absolutely funny.
6. This is John Hugh's BEST flick ever.
7. Mia Sara was sweet, she played Ferris's pretty girlfriend.
8. The most memorable scene was "Twist and Shout" scene, where all people dance in this song with Ferris lip-synching.
9. Cameron's speechless and hopeless stare was excellent.
10. After watching this movie, I am planning to take a Day-Off of my own!
Overall, I give A+ for being the best teenage movie.
112 of 163 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?