Acting under the cover of a Hollywood producer scouting a location for a science fiction film, a CIA agent launches a dangerous operation to rescue six Americans in Tehran during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran in 1980.
Ferris is a street-wise kid who knows all the tricks. Today he decides to take the day off school. When Ferris takes the day off, so must his best friends, Cameron and Sloane. Cameron is reluctantly persuaded to borrow his father's Ferrari, and together they hatch a plan to get Sloane out of class. Suspicious dean of students Ed Rooney knows all about Ferris, but can never catch him. Ferris' sister Jeanie is also frustrated that Ferris always gets away with his tricks and she doesn't. Furthermore, Ferris is an 'angel' in his parents eyes. It's Ferris' day off, he's out to enjoy himself, and he does!. Written by
The detective's name is Steven Lim. The film's first assistant director is also named Stephen Lim. See more »
The rear view mirror disappears when Jeanie is speeding home. See more »
You're Abe Froman?
That's right, I'm Abe Froman.
The Sausage King of Chicago?
... Uh yeah, that's me.
Look, I'm very busy. Why don't you take the kids and go back to the clubhouse?
Are you suggesting that I'm not who I say I am?
I'm suggesting that you leave before I have to get snooty.
See more »
Mr. Rooney, having been chewed up by the dog, is walking down the street. A school bus driver lets him onto the bus, where the students are staring at him. Rooney notices one student has "SAVE FERRIS" written on his binder. See more »
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is the funniest 80's movie EVER! I can list some reasons why I liked this movie so much.
1. Matthew Broderick brings such joy to us playing Ferries Bueller, a character no one would hate. Ferris NEVER gets caught, is an expert at fooling his parents, everybody likes him, and nobody can avoid his favor and all. I want to be just like him!
2. Cameron, a geek friend of Ferris, is someone that portrays everybody's weakness. He is afraid of his parents, negative, and also very sensitive of his father's favorite car. This actor who plays Cameron was very, very good.
3. The principal who tries to prove that Ferris is not innocent and also kind of jealous of Ferris, is the most hilarious character in this movie. He sorta reminds me of my principal at High School.
4. Jennifer Grey plays Ferris's annoyed sister. She was great, and her bad attitude was somewhat hilarious.
5. Charlie Sheen's cameo of a guy in police station was absolutely funny.
6. This is John Hugh's BEST flick ever.
7. Mia Sara was sweet, she played Ferris's pretty girlfriend.
8. The most memorable scene was "Twist and Shout" scene, where all people dance in this song with Ferris lip-synching.
9. Cameron's speechless and hopeless stare was excellent.
10. After watching this movie, I am planning to take a Day-Off of my own!
Overall, I give A+ for being the best teenage movie.
103 of 150 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?