IMDb > Eliminators (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Eliminators More at IMDbPro »

Surprisingly Enjoyable

Author: Brian Wolters from Cabot, Arkansas
24 June 1999

While this film has "I am a B Movie" written all over it, it is actually very enjoyable. The person who holds this all together is Andrew Prine (from V.) He is a very likeable river "scum." The scenes on the river are very fun and they really keep this movie from being a "B" movie the whole time.

If you want to have a "no brainer" good time, rent this movie!

I give this film a B.

Link to Eliminators photos, posted by a principal actor in the film

Author: reynoldsp1 from United States
26 August 2008

I played one of the four Eliminators in this fun science fiction flick: the half man, half machine Mandroid. The film was released in January, 1986, in over 1,000 US theaters. The Hollywood Reporter said, "Eliminators is a first-rate spoof, a wonderful send-up of just about everything, sacred or even profane for that matter." Below is a link to photos taken on various locations around Madrid and before filming started, at fittings for the Mandroid suit and tank. Shooting commenced in July, 1985 and continued thru mid-October.

A new book will be published on the films of Charles Band, by British film historian Dave Jay in 2008.

Below is the link to the photos we took while filming:

Wait until you see the "mobile unit"!

Author: ithearod
3 March 2006

Wow, what a perfect Saturday afternoon B-movie! It has that very rare quality of B-movies, in that is is both aware and unaware of its campy status. Seriously, as the amazingly varied collection of characters adds up (river-rat, scientist, robot, ninja, cavemen, Roman soldiers, and on) you will never be bored. The special effects are just cheap enough to make you smile, but not so cheap that you won't feel satisfied. And there's a nice finish that really rounds out the whole experience. There is a lot to like, for kids or B-movie lovers, but somehow it never degenerates into the lesser-desirable qualities of the "so bad it's good" genre. It is an honest and successful attempt at comic-book entertainment. And really, you have to see that Mobile Unit in action! How cool is that?!?!

So-bad-it's-good lighthearted adventure

Author: Steve R. Hastings ( from Kirkland, Washington, USA
14 May 1999

Rated as a movie, this deserves about a 2. Rated by how much fun you will have watching it, it deserves about a 7.

If it took itself seriously it wouldn't be much fun, but fortunately it has a light touch. A man who is half machine, the "mandroid" John Doe, goes on a quest to find and kill the mad scientist who installed the half-machine part. Joining him are a scientist (Denise Crosby), an R2D2 wannabe, an Indiana Jones wannabe, and a ninja! Along the way, there are boat chases, a barroom brawl, inept bad guys, Roman soldiers, and goofy physical comedy. Roy Dotrice makes a fun villain.

If it sounds like it might be fun to you, give it a try.

A Perfect 'Popcorn Muncher' if I ever saw one

Author: theguiness from United States
14 February 2007

Without a doubt, this is a movie made by some guys who were sitting around and started going, "You know what would be cool? Androids." "No dude, ninjas. Ninjas fighting cavemen." "Can we do like a Romancing the Stone/Indiana Jones kind of riverboat adventure?" "Wait, wait, wait... I've got it. Androids and ninjas fighting cavemen with a riverboat captain and a pretty female scientist and her pet robot for some extra sweetness." "Sweet! And the villain will be a time traveling robotic Roman!" Basically, that's the movie. You don't have to think hard, you won't have your emotions poked or fondled, instead you'll think, "Well, this is certainly a movie." It's not going to win any awards, but it's fun to watch for sheer noise and pure 80s awesome. The acting isn't terrible, considering how goofy the plot is (you try playing against a ninja, cavemen, tiny robots and time traveling Romans while keeping a straight face) and the whole thing has a very bouncy feel to it.

The locations vary just enough and the costumes have juuust enough detail to them to not make it feel like an all out cheese fest, but instead it's a perfect movie to munch down popcorn to. I'm hoping for a DVD release with commentaries, deleted scenes, trailers, etc. Rifftrax, I'm looking at you for commentaries!

Good Family Sci-Fi...

Author: woolleysheep2000
13 April 2003

Saw this recently for the first time in over a decade....I think the movie deserves a higher rating than the one currently on the IMDb. Some of the effects are great considering the budget (the only exception being the poorly realised 'SPOT' robot). Andrew Prine & Roy Dotrice were great fun, and the script was both funny and pretty well structured.

Perhaps if the movie had received a PG rating rather than a 15 in the UK, people wouldn't be so down on it, as this is at heart good family entertainment for all ages.....7/10

Good family entertainment.

Author: Sic Coyote from Staffs, England
14 November 2001

This movie is just a comic book, but in movie form but we aren't talking dark horse comics here. This is just a fun movie with a bunch of fun two dimensional characters on a comic book mission. It's just fun and there's nothing in it that is unsuitable for kids(despite the rather strange '15' certificate slapped on it by the bbfc), but it's not kiddy either. If I ever have kids this is one film I'd want to watch with them. It's not heavy and it's not dull(and you get to see the sides of Crosby's boobs). Just as the guy says in the film "We've got robots, we've got cavemen, we've got Kung-Fu(actually it's ninjutsu) what is this anyway, some kind of comic book?" 7/10

The Eliminators is such a good movie,please come back on video

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
26 July 2001

This is one of the great movies of the 80s in MY collection that I think about all the time.

Some minor spoilers

I saw this movie only a couple times in the past but those two times I was grateful because I didn`t know what I was in store for.I just love the cyborg guy and his arch rival.The special effects is some of the coolest I have ever seen.I loved it when Roy Dotrice shot the lightning bolts out of his hands and the woman,Bayou Betty,wow is she manly,boy she is something in it.I just loved the big boat chase in this film.I wish I could buy this movie this very minute but Hopefully it`ll be on video very soon.I won`t pass it up and I hope you don`t either.

What a great recipe!

Author: HaemovoreRex from United Kingdom
23 July 2006

OK..... mix in a bit of Frankenstein, some time travel and the potential damage of meddling with the past, a ninja (!) a materialistic, seemingly selfish but actually kind hearted charter boat captain (shades of Han Solo anyone?) and a feisty, pre-Star Trek: TNG Annette Crosby and you have Eliminators – a highly likable yet almost forgotten gem of 1980's Sci-Fi!

The plot is quite obviously far too ambitious in scope for the budgetary constraints and yet somehow it all works so well, not least of all because of the highly likable characters featured in this (Andrew Prine's laid back character is especially fun to watch) There's also an excellent realisation of the 'mobile unit', a mode of transport whereby the Mandroid (bear with me on this) removes his legs (!) and rides around with the unit (a sort of miniature tank) on his lower half (presumably most of the budget was spent on this!)

What can I say? If you're at all a fan of 80's Science Fiction TV and/or movies then like me, you'll probably lap this up, it all makes perfect sense on screen and is highly enjoyable throughout. Great nostalgic fun!

I LOVE this movie!

Author: Haqqel Paalz from United States
8 January 2012

Sure, it's a b-movie... But! This is the absolute best of B-movies, I could think of a whole lot of 'A-movies' I find either less interesting or simply less entertaining than this masterpiece.

This movie has: - An Indiana Jones - A hot army robot-technician - A terminator - An R2D2 - A ninja - Cavemen - Romans - An evil professor who wants to take over the world

And this all combined in a jungle adventure with Dukes of Hazard kind of action.

How could this suck? I mean, yeah, the storypremise is insane, completely and utterly insane, and yeah, the movie borrowed a LOT of ideas. But this is such an over the top mish-mash of characters and situations, as a whole it's pretty unique and EXTREMELY entertaining.

If you like 80s adventure movies and are not scared of lower production value, go see this. It's absolutely fantastic.