IMDb > Easy Prey (1986) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Easy Prey (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Disturbing, well-acted, but played for the sensational

Author: moonspinner55 from las vegas, nv
1 April 2001

Gerald McRaney manages to leave all traces of his popular TV series "Simon & Simon" behind him here, convincingly portraying a psychopath who abducts, molests and kills women; Shawnee Smith is his latest captive, a streetwise teen who doesn't show much fear, and therefore gets to live to see McRaney hunt down other victims. This is strong stuff, but it's also unrelentingly sordid, and leaves the viewer feeling voyeuristic and grimy. There's a huge surge of emotion at the end and the performances by the two leads are remarkable, but does anybody really need to see pictures like this?

** from ****

Fascinating and sad...

Author: janeeyrez from Port Orange, Florida, USA
6 September 2003

It will be a long time before I forget how this girl finally defends her behavior in being an "easy prey" to her abducter by explaining how invisible she has felt. This movie does a pretty good job of explaining the reason why girls become victims and the reason why serial rapists/killers are compelled to play out their awful scenarios over and over again. In the end he tells her he's "through with her," but looking at her face and knowing what he's put her through, I doubt she'll ever be free again.

Strange Events.

Author: MADMAX from United States
15 January 2007

This story still blows my mind. I went to South Torrance High School in the early 80's and I'll never forget the beautiful blonde girl that sat right behind me in English class. Her name was Tina Risico. I had a crush on her right away and we used to flirt back and forth every day in that class. We started to really like each other and I finally got her phone number. Well, before we could really strike any kind of relationship up, I moved to my grandmothers house in northern California. We talked on the phone all the time but as the months went by we slowly stopped talking. Well, I finally moved back to southern California where I had heard of the girl that got kidnapped from Del Amo Mall and it blew me away. I had no idea it was Tina however. One evening I was working at JB burgers in Hermosa Beach, it was New Years Eve, I was cleaning up a bit outside and noticed a Daily Breeze newspaper stuffed between a pipe and the wall. I grabbed it to throw it away but noticed Tina's picture on the cover. I was in shock as the caption read, "Story of the Year" I sat down on the bench and read the article. I was totally in shock! I tried to get a hold of Tina, but was never able to do so. I'm not sure what I could have said anyways. I'm not sure where or how she is today, but I hope that she is well. When I finally did see this movie, I was amazed at her bravery in the face of such incredible danger.

MAX

Easy Prey Movie

Author: Lisa Diaz Hall Roling (frogginwld@yahoo.com) from Rockford, Ill
5 December 2010

When I was just becoming a teenager, this movie came out on TV. I saw the previews and wanted to watch it but wasn't able to be home. So, I set the VCR to record it and for many years I kept this movie. I would watch it from time to time. I just amazed me how brazing this guy is and what he did to his victims. I really felt so bad for them and couldn't comprehend someone doing this. When you see Shawnee Smith in her early and young years playing Tina Marie, you really feel a connection to her. My heart went out for the real Tina. Shawnee really makes this movie and drives it right through your heart. Kudos to Shawnee for bringing this role to life in such a way we felt like we were there. I only wish I still had this video. I lost it around 2003. I kept it all these years and loved it so much. I wish I could get it again. If you ever get the chance to watch this movie, please do so. You will feel so lucky to have such an insight into this scenario. I only wish it didn't have to happen.