Paul Conway and his mother Jeannie Conway travel to a new town where Paul will join the local university invited by Dr. Johanson. They bring the robot BB that was developed by Paul, who is a genius in robotic. Paul befriends the paperboy Tom Toomey and has a crush on his next door neighbor Samantha Pringle, whose abusive alcoholic father Harry Pringle frequently hurts her. One day, Paul, Sam, Tom and BB are playing basketball and the ball fall in the field of their paranoid grumpy neighbor Elvira Parker that does not give it back to the teenagers. In Halloween, Tom convinces Paul to let BB open the padlock of the entrance to her house. However, there is an alarm system and Elvira blows up BB with her shotgun. Then Harry pushes her daughter down the stairs and the doctors let her brain-dead connected to the life support. However Paul convinces Tom to go to the hospital to rescue Sam and then he implants BB's chip into her brain resurrecting Samantha. But will she come back to life ... Written by
Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
She can't live without you.
See more »
Did You Know?
Promotional stills, lobby cards and many other pictures show some of the deleted scenes, all of which show more of the character and plot parts and specially more scenes between Paul and Samantha;
- Paul and Sam having a picnic in Paul's yard with BB.
- Paul and Sam sitting on some bench and kissing while Sam holds a toy animal that could be a gift from Paul.
- Paul and Sam in Halloween costumes talking and/or arguing with Carl, the leader of the biker punk gang who bullied Paul, Tom, and BB earlier.
- Paul talking with his mom Jeannie in his room after finding out that Sam is going to be unplugged from life support.
- Paul sitting next to Sam and holding her hand while she is in hospital when some nurse shows up and probably tells him that he needs to go.
- Paul at hospital kneeling next to Sam soon after she does gets unplugged from life support.
- Original death scene of Elvira where Sam sneaks up behind her and slams her through the front door of her house. This original death scene is also shown in theatrical trailer.
- Extended version of the scene where Paul talks with Sam after she shows him photo of two of them with BB.
- Paul and Sam sitting together in the attic.
- Paul and his mom in their living room together with re-animated Samantha (part of the different plot from original version of the movie). Back cover of Twisted Terror DVD edition of the movie shows picture from this deleted scene.
- The back cover of the Twisted Terror DVD edition of Deadly Friend also shows picture of ghostly-looking Samantha wearing a white dress. This is one of the few stills showing original ending where after she is killed at the end of the movie, Paul dreams that Samantha is in his room saying goodbye to him. Other stills of this original ending do exist but are very rare, although one can be seen on Kristy Swanson's website.
There were much more scenes that were deleted from the original cut during the post-production re-shoots and re-editing, some because after the forced re-shoots it ended up turning into a completely different film and some others because of the studio demands to make it shorter for more profitable theatrical release, since ninety minutes long movies or less would have more theatrical screenings. This is why there are some jump cuts and choppy editing in the final version, especially around the first half of the movie. See more
When Samantha lifts the bully up, you can very faintly see the wires holding him up. See more
Old man Pringle and Mrs. Parker, both dead. His face was burned off.
Yeah, I heard somebody say she called the police. Said she saw Sam in her bedroom window. From what I hear, Elvira's head's all over the walls in there.
Referenced in Frankenhooker