IMDb > Can You Feel Me Dancing? (1986) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Can You Feel Me Dancing? (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Extremely sensitive...and Justine is first-rate

Author: moonspinner55 from las vegas, nv
11 May 2002

Justine Bateman has not yet found her niche away from her TV-role as Mallory on the sitcom "Family Ties". A couple of movies and another bad series later and her career is still on the mend. However, while still on "Ties", she did this careful, absorbing telefilm about a young blind woman exerting her independence for the first time, moving out on her own and having her first intimate relationship. It's not as pat as one might think, thanks to smart writing, an efficient direction, and Bateman's lovely performance. Bateman isn't a charming, perky actress (like, say, Sandra Bullock), but she has an innate quality--a grounded, serious quality--that works well for a drama. She was OK as a bar-band rocker in "Satisfaction", but this movie captures a far less plastic personage and I was very impressed with her skills. *** from ****

Justine Bateman amazed me

Author: Sam-285 from Los Angeles, California
4 September 2005

It has been a long time since I saw this movie, but I sure remember being highly impressed by Justine Bateman. She is an amazing actress, at least in this show.

In Family Ties, Justine Bateman plays an airhead and it must be her excellent acting that caused to be so unimpressed by her. In this movie, we see that Justine Bateman is definitely not an airhead.

I don't remember much about the movie except that it is worth seeing. Justine Bateman is not blind but she sure is convincing as a blind person.

I will enjoy seeing this movie again when I can.