IMDb > Allah-Rakha (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Allah-Rakha More at IMDbPro »

Amitabh Bhachan would have been better for doing the part of Iqbal.

Author: husnain ali from London, England
24 December 2005

I thought this movie was fantastic but I would have prepared Amitabh Bhachan as Allah Rakha because he just brings up the magic because he was good as the main character in coolie.Jackie Shroff was good at playing Iqbal as well and I would say that this was his best film. Bob Christo was good at playing Don and Biswajeet was average at playing an Inspector (Inspector Anwar). I thought Shaami Kapoor was great at playing his role. Waheeda Rehman was good in this film but I prefer her in Coolie. Bindu was good at playing the negative role in this film but I thought she was much better in Main hoon na because she was hilarious.

excellent, Fantastic and Superb

Author: Liakot Ali from London
29 September 2008

This movie as we know was suppose to go to Amitabh Bachchan, who turned down the role. It was during the time Amitabh was involved in politics and didn't have time for films. Anyway, Jackie Shroff does a good job as i am not fond of him as an actor. Meenakshi is pretty and she plays the prostitute in this film and delivers a good performance. The movie has many top actors in this film which include Waheeda Rehman and Shammi Kapoor. Dimple Kapadia is an actress im not a big fan of, but she was alright. The movie has an interesting script with many twists and mix of action, comedy, romance and adventure. The movie resembles the fantastic film Coolie, but still is different. It is directed by Desai family who are the best directors in Hindi cinema. Overall this is a fantastic film that everyone should enjoy apart from racist people.

interesting...great performance by Bob Christo

Author: fairy28 (moman3@aol.com) from boston, Mass
3 September 2001

Good drama with deep social implications...performance by Bob Christo was outstanding! The plot centers on the struggle of a poor Hindi family's struggle to survive in an area recently subject to political oppression.