IMDb > "Zoobilee Zoo" (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Zoobilee Zoo" More at IMDbPro »

Zoobiliee Zoo

Author: bekkie_hall7 from United Kingdom
23 May 2007

I used to watch this when I went to America with my family. Being taken out of School for four Weeks was tough on a kid of 7, (although the idea of spending 4 weeks in America now is so tempting, but back then you just wanted to stay with your friends). Zoobilee Zoo gave me such a warm homely feeling, especially when my and my little sister used to curl up on the big huge sofa's at my aunt's house and eat doughnuts for breakfast and sat around in our pj's. However the reason I wanted to add a comment was because a lot of people couldn't remember the theme tune. So here you go.. It's too catchy.....

Zoobilee Zoo Everyone up Everyone in Time for the fun to begin Come along with us to

Zoobilee Zoo Zoobile Zoo Magic and wonder are waiting for you It's as close as a dream And as bright as the brightest blue Welcome to Zoobilee Zoo

Let us introduce the Zoobles to you...

I'm Mayor Ben, I'm here to lend a helping hand I'm Builder Beaver - I invent things on command There's daring and adventure when Lookout comes to call And a kangaroo named Whazzat who puts music to it all My name is Van Gough the Lion, just color me fun And you will shout, "Bravo" once the show has begun Everyone spread the news. There's so much to see and do Just see Talkatoo When you're in Zoobilee...

Zoobilee Zoo Zoobilee Zoo Magic and wonder are waiting for you So come on with us now We can discover the wonder of you. Welcome to Zoobilee Zoo

Hope it jogs a few memories, It really did for me, and there is still a website for them!!!

I almost wasn't sure..

Author: CrOaT_BeBa from San Bruno, CA
28 December 2002

I remember watching this show when I was little.. It was one of my favorites, I even had a few on tape. Whenever I mentioned the show to anyone else.. they never heard of it.. I almost thought I was imagining it. I haven't seen the show in over ten years(I'm 17 now). I vaguely remember the theme song and bits and pieces of the show. Wish I could see it again-it'd bring back memories.

Good show which is very educational

Author: Catherine_Grace_Zeh from Fairfax, Virginia, USA
2 September 2008

I used to watch this show when I was a little girl. When I think about it, I remember it vaguely. Also, I remember the opening sequence and theme song vaguely. If you ask me, it was a good show which is very educational. In addition to that, everyone was ideally cast. The skits and songs were good, too. My favorite song was the theme song. I hope someone brings it back so die-hard fans of the show can see it again. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that I'll always remember this show in my memory forever, even though I haven't seen every episode. Now, in conclusion, if it's ever brought back on the air, I hope that you catch it one day before it goes off the air for good.

My past was great

Author: Shane G Norris from New Zealand
2 July 2007

No one can compare Zoobilee Zoo to today's shows; they took the time to make great songs and great costumes. The story behind the world they lived in was not just skin deep. I think the 80s was a time when the industry cared about children as an audience not just a dollar. My personal favorite was Whazzat Kangaroo, played by Louise Vallance, who has since voiced many many children's shows including Moira MacTaggert in X-men Evolution.

Also can you believe that some Christian fanatics actually think that this show could be evil and may have supported bestiality...they forced an edited version explaining to children all the bible references to sleeping with an animal. They are so dizzy!

I tap my foot to rock'n'roll... The Devil is in my shoe!

Dreamy pastels

Author: knipseltje from Netherlands
5 March 2012

I used to love this show. But for some reason no one else seemed to remember ever seeing it. I remembered the homely feeling I got from the show. It provided a carefree vision of the world, and yes I do know this was just fiction.

Describing the show with all its pastels and animal characters must have made my friends think I was daft. But it is one of the shows I remember most.

Wouldn't it be lovely to go back to your childhood? When life was simple and right and wrong clearly defined. As well as accompanied by cheerful songs.

Back in the day when I was a baby, it was a cool show

Author: Starscream822 from United States
27 September 2005

I remember my grandmother telling me that I used to watch the show all the time. Its a good show for babies and small children, because I was like 2 yrs old when I was watching it (I was born in 1986). I have small good memories of Zoobilee Zoo. I had my favorites like Limerick Leprechaun(because I'm part Irish lol) and a few of the other animals such as Bravo Fox and Talkatoo Cockatoo. I don't really have any negative feed back towards the show. This show was one of my favorites, and I haven't seen it in years. Even though there were a bunch of good kids shows on at the time, I still found it in my little heart to watch this show(at least all the way until it was canceled lol).

I'm a big Zoobilee zoo fan thanks to a friend from the USA

Author: (art25@bordernet.com.au) from australia
8 May 2005

I'm from Australia and i only found about Zoobilee zoo from a Friend from USA and i bought about 10 tapes off E-bay and recently e-mailed Sandey Grinn (Bill Der_Beaver) and he e-mailed me back a nice letter and he sent me a poster of Zoobilee zoo and he signed it for me which was nice of him hes on of my favorites now same with Lookout Bear i didn't know HAllmark are the card makers who created the show ;) i like the theme song very catchy :) hopefully be able to get the other episode's about 30-35 needed :) . i like where bill and Van go trade places and bill tries to do painting and the other zoobles thinks Vango Painted it and when van go tried to build something they think Bill build it until the admitted they did it

So it DOES exist!

Author: mykxone from United States
10 January 2005

I had that same problem where no one I talked to remembers this show! I am 21 now and I was starting to think this show was a figment of my imagination. All i remember was the Van Gogh lion who painted and one line from that theme song.. "Zoobilee zoo, Zoobilee zoo, magic and wonder are waiting for you!" Ahh the 80's! It wasn't popular enough to really get any attention, and I think I only watched it because it was on amid other after school shows, but still memorable enough to make me want to look that crazy show up 15 years later. So maybe it's not the prom queen of after school specials from the 80's, but it is certainly unique and representative of the times. See you at Zoobilee Zoo!

great theme song

Author: SnobbyBunny from Los Angeles
17 October 2002

Yes, well growing up I knew a young boy who liked to sing the theme song. I have since memorized it. I would like to demonstrate but I think you believe me. If you don't believe me feel free to email me and I will give you the words, and if you really want, you can call me and I will sing it for you over the phone. In fact if I get enough of a response, I may put it on my outgoing message machine. So I loved Ben Vereen and their crazy animorphic characters. But I haven't seen the show in over ten years so I can't say for sure it's worth watching as an adult. But it's a catchy tune and you can dance to it. :)

Part of the 80's childhood

Author: devil_may_cry_ldk_dante_sparda from U.S.
28 April 2003

This wasn't the best show to watch, since He-Man, Thundercats and Transformers ruled the air-waves. However, it was pretty decent and showed children that there was a lighter side to life, such as working out your problems and not wielding out your sword to kill skeletor. My best memory of the show would have to be the leader in the green suit and the theme song for which I remember the tune but not the lyrics.