IMDb > Revenge of the Stolen Stars (1986) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Revenge of the Stolen Stars More at IMDbPro »

Run like Hell before it's too late!!!!

Author: davidaulph from Kinskiville
26 August 2001

They must have paid Klaus Kinski some major dinero for this stinkeroo. YIKES!!!! It is hard to imagine that the great Kinski and Uli Lommel could team up and have a product so sorely lacking in any professionalism whatsoever. I've seen better acting and directing on the TBS monkey channel. I am not going to begin to comment on the movie itself which is so ridiculous as to not even warrant any type of review so as to justify it as a real movie. Based on what I watched (painfully so), the movie should have been filmed on video tape using a hand held home video camera. The budget of this film; about 3 or 4 dollars after Kinski's salary; was more than this disaster deserved. Klaus...you done yourself wrong buddy. But...if you are the Kinski completist then this is definitely a must own...if you can find it. Actually it does exist on PAL vhs and was, believe it or not, released on home video. Hard to imagine that this film ever had a theater debut. If it did I am certain the every movie goer wanted their money back. And I am doubly certain that if there were a premier of this movie, Kinski most certainly did not attend out of shame.

Raiders of the Cheap Costume Jewelery

Author: sgtking from United States
10 April 2013

Low budget knock offs of blockbuster films have been done for decades. They range from the awful to the better than they deserve to be. Lately, a great many of these have been made by the folks at The Asylum. Long before this, there were studios and filmmakers trying to cash in on the hits of the time. The hugely successful 'Indiana Jones' series has influenced, been ripped-off and also parodied through the years. One of the most oddest of the bunch is 'Revenge of the Stolen Stars.' Not a great film per se, but a must see for lovers of the unusual.

Pros: Cast is game. Fun score. Lush scenery. Nice cinematography. Decent production design. Humorous for the wrong reasons. Quick pace.

Cons: A few uneven performances. Some poor editing. Derivative. A lot of silly dialogue. Low budget really shows.

Final thoughts: Definitely one of those movies that'll make you go, "What did I just watch?" It's quite uneven and doesn't always make sense, but there's never a dull moment. Imagine a really low budget 'Indiana Jones' movie on acid. There are better examples of this of course, but this one still delivers some cheesy goods.

My rating: 3/5