IMDb > Peter-No-Tail in America (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Peter-No-Tail in America More at IMDbPro »Pelle Svanslös i Amerikatt (original title)

Strange former Disney Channel staple

Author: xxlittlekittenxx from United States
15 March 2003

YES, this is 'Peter No Tail In America', the Swedish animated film that Disney Channel used to air every so often in their 'Toonin' Tuesday' block (God I miss that). It was a bizarre movie with strange-looking animation about a cat named Peter who felt like an outsider in a community of cats because of being a manx. The story is much weirder than it sounds.

(A few spoilers coming up. Brace yourselves.)

There were a lot of things in this movie that just didn't connect well. First Peter goes to New York in hope of somehow getting a new tail, then ends up with a bunch of showgirl cats, and then in the old West (I don't even remember how). I think a Native American cat gives him this really long tail during the old West part, but it ends up being a dream. Then in real life Peter, his girlfriend Molly, and a whole bunch of other cats go for a trip in the woods and have a run in with a huge cannibalistic bobcat. And that's basically it.

This wasn't a bad movie, and I actually liked it a lot when I was young, but it's just so weird! As mentioned, the animation's strange and the movements are very choppy, so if don't watch this if you're in hope for Disney/Bluth-quality animation. The dubbing's also not top notch. I nearly forgot about it until I found it here at IMDB. I don't know how I remember such an odd movie fairly well...

A truly strange film

Author: AstralHippo from Finland
2 May 2006

I grew up watching Peter No-Tail and still today enjoy watching the original film. I enjoy cartoons in general. But this sequel is such a strange film that I have never been able to watch it thru. There's something very strange in how everything is drawn. It's not necessarily bad (though this is a Swedish low budget film), it's just very strange. I like bizarre films, Cronenberg and Lynch are some of my favourite directors, but this film is simply too bizarre and absurd. I guess the film feels so strange partly because you realize that the authors weren't trying to make a strange film. I am sure they had a great vision about the film, but somehow they went too far. Watching this film feels like an LSD overdose. It's a truly strange film. I recommend this film, but be prepared to not being able to finish it.

A good sequel to the original Peter-no-tail

Author: Chris Morrow (morrowman2) from Pickerington, Ohio
9 March 2004

I saw this film on the Disney channel about ten years ago along with the original Peter no-tail. This cartoon film was just about as good as the original, but the original was still my favorite. This one

however had a good point to it: What happens to someone from another country who is not use to a big city in America. Never the less Peter no-tail was still a kind-hearted cat to everyone even if the other cats were not nice to him. This one had a little bit different story then the original,but it was still an excellent film, not only for children but adults should enjoy this film as well as children. It is still a shame that this film and the original Peter-no-tail are not very well known.