IMDb > Letting Go (1985) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Letting Go (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Ironic & poignant link with his recent death.

Author: Joanna Armstrong (jogeewah@yahoo.ca) from Whitby, ON
24 September 2003

I saw this movie at the height of my crush on John Ritter. What I especially loved about this movie was that it was shot in Toronto. This was really fitting for me as I was living in Raleigh, NC when it was on & through the different scenes, I could imagine being "back home." The most touching scene in this movie for me was when John Ritter's character was finally letting go of his dead wife & the music in the background was "In My Life" by The Beatles. In reading of John Ritter's own funeral service, I saw that the same song was chosen. What a beautiful song to remember such a special person with!

Good movie if your a John Ritter fan

Author: frankcescoruffolo from Canada
5 January 2011

I saw this movie last night and it was pretty good. John Ritter portrayed a sad character very well. He added in a tiny bit of slapstick with a nod to Three's Company and the story was predictable but you wanted to see it played out. The other lead was good as well but there could have been a better match for John Ritter regarding on-screen chemistry. Everyone in the movie was likable and even the villain (so to speak) turned out to be a likable character, not sure why that happens. It's shot in Toronto, which I love because I could pick up settings and Toronto looks as good as any city on screen I think. in any case, it's a good movie, the story is good enough to keep it worthy and the ending is predictable but nice.

Letting go

Author: anacandidads from Brasil
22 April 2012

I saw that movie few times when I was a child and I always cried at the same scenes, especially in the one he drinks coffee in the cemetery talking to his wife grave. I always looked for it to buy - still looking, actually. I met John Ritter in this movie and followed his career from there but to me he will always be Alex and I grief his death just like I have watched that movie few days ago. It is really hard letting go, as the characters so well showed us. This movie is very dear to my heart and I really got devastated by John's death - he died in his' youngest daughter birthday and close to my own birthday, so it was all really said.