IMDb > And the Children Shall Lead (1985) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

And the Children Shall Lead (TV) More at IMDbPro »

I remember this movie with great fondness

Author: kim2u from United States
5 February 2007

I remember seeing this movie on HBO as a kid in the 80's. I can't really say the acting was great but I do remember wishing I could have live through that time to experience civil rights. The movie is told through the eyes of children, black and white who all got along, played together but also knew their place. When outsiders come to there town to register black voters friendships are tested and inevitable change is to come.

I was happy to find this movie on DVD and plan to show this to my class of 4th graders who I hope will enjoy this movie as much as I did when I was that age.

Great story line/Great morals

Author: dallen012 from United States
18 August 2007

I was introduced to this movie by my late brother-in-law, "Kevin." We laughed hysterically at how badly his acting was (particularly his last scene. Rest in Peace.

The movie itself sends a great message. Set in the time of segregation, there is a group of kids who are blind to racism within their own group until they are affected by the adults around them. "And the children Shall Lead" shows us how the colorblind love of children could teach the adults a lesson or two. The children are so genuine, it gives hope to the future of segregated America, and made me feel truly happy to be born much later.