IMDb > Typhoon Club (1985) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Typhoon Club More at IMDbPro »Taifû kurabu (original title)

A class of Japanese teens experience their first feelings with the opposite sex while a typhoon storm is rising.

Author: (musgrave@gmx.net)
6 July 2000

I've saw this film on tv back in the eighties so I hardly remember the details but the story is about a young group of teens during their adolescence and their experiences with the opposite sex. While the class is in school a storm raises and they have to stay in school during the typhoon. The story is shown in a very picturesque and (typical Japanese) silent way and won a movie price especially for it's unconventional kind.

A new dimension of boredom

Author: konrad-69120 from Germany Germany
5 June 2015

In my view, this film cannot be enjoyed. It is a sequence of boring scenes with no meaning whatsoever. It is hard to distinguish the characters as they all wear school uniforms in gloomy environments. Despite all the positive reviews and awards, I don't understand why someone would enjoy watching this. I don't know what to add. Maybe Japanese jurors like to watch schoolgirls in underwear. The end was especially disappointing after dozens of disappointing scenes. Scenes were you don't understand why characters act like this and why. No I am repeating myself and this review becomes as boring as the film.