Last of the Old School...

Author: grrlpunk from New York
8 February 2006

This is the last of the original "Strawberry Shortcake" movies. Strawberry and her friends have a garden party in "celebration of the most fragrantly delicious berries" but of course, the Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak and Sour Grapes have a scheme brewing. This title marks the only appearance of Banana Twirl and the Berry Princess. Unfortunately, I think this is the worst of the old school "Strawberry Shortcake" movies. Having said that, I don't mean it's terrible. Just in comparison to all the others, it's just not as good. The characters are out of their normal outfits and have different hairstyles. Banana Twirl (who is a cute and fun new character) has no pet, which is unlike all the other characters. Also, Apple Dumplin's pet Tea Time Turtle is in the movie but Apple Dumplin' is nowhere to be seen. It does have a real cute song that Strawberry sings to all the pets. So, yes, if you like Strawberry Shortcake, check this movie out.

Which one is this?

Author: MrsJackSkellington from United States
31 March 2006

I think I know which one this is but I can't be sure!! Is this the one where Sour Grapes and the other guy make all the berries taste and smell like pizza and other foods? I remember watching it when I was a kid and how much I loved it. Also, were the berry-kins disguised as fruits to hide or something? I use to have this on tape but my brother taped wrestling over it. Any of this sound familiar to anyone?

I just remember how Strawberry Shortcake and her little friends would smell the fruit and then a storm came and the rain made the fruit smell like pizza and chocolate and all kinds of other stuff...Does this make sense to anybody?!