IMDb > Ninja III: The Domination (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ninja III: The Domination

Ninja III: The Domination More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Ms. Dickey also looks great as a ninja

Author: sickcritik (sickcritik@hotmail.com)
24 August 2002

Christie (Lucinda Dickey) is a cute and buff telephone maintenance gal who also teaches an aerobics class on the side. She stumbles upon a dying ninja assassin, who gives her his sword and manages to transfer his spirit into her. The evil spirit awakens in her and she goes on a killing spree, taking out all of the cops that killed his original body. All except for one totally annoying jerk that Christie has inexplicably fallen for (after blowing him off several times, she has a change of heart and seduces him by invitingly pouring a can of V8 down her shirt). Sho Kosugi arrives from Japan as the sworn enemy of the evil ninja, and it's his job to exorcise the foul demon out of poor Christie and send it into oblivion. Much of the film is painful to watch, as it's drenched in god-awful 1980's pseudo-pop music, embarrassing aerobics and dance sequences, and of course, the irritating cop boyfriend. But, the ninja fight scenes are palatable and even enjoyable, and Sho's form and execution is great. He alone saves the film in the last twenty minutes and qualifies it as my favorite Sho Kosugi film to date. Ms. Dickey also looks great as a ninja, and does a surprisingly good job with the material she has to work with, bouncing between tough bitch, sexy bimbo, telephone worker, aerobics instructor, bad-ass ninja, and demon possessed monster. She handles her fight scenes well, even though she's heavily doubled with male stuntmen. Fun, lightweight martial arts action fare.

Best movie ever made? I think yes.

Author: trusty from seattle
20 April 1999

Wow. I've never seen nor heard of this film. It just came on tv (2:00 am) and I am in complete awe. Setup: a bunch of rich fat cats are out golfing. One knocks a ball into the rough. It lands by a NINJA!!!! A tuxedoed man walks over to pick the ball up. The ninja grabs it. Crushes it in his hand. Man pulls gun. Ninja pulls blowgun. Ninja blows dart into gun barrel. GUN EXPLODES!!!! This is just the beginning of the greatness, people. Everyone must see this movie. 10 big ol fat stars from trusty.

For a guy with a hairy back, he sure takes his shirt off a lot

Author: Martini_Boy from Hoboken
9 February 2006

After seeing this movie, I have no choice but to write a review in the hopes that there are others like me out there who were blown away by the rocket fueled ninja action and white hot sexual titillation that is Ninja III: The Domination.

We all know that Sho Kosugi rocks. That is a given, but how about Jordan Bennett's ultra macho interpretation of his character police officer "Billy Secord"? Bravo Mr. Bennett, bravo. You prove early on, while trying to seduce the buxom Christie (played to perfection by one Miss Lucinda Dickey of Breakin' fame)that you are not afraid to take chances on your craft. I particularly enjoyed how you do not feel the need to step in and attempt to help her as 4 thugs try to rape her outside her gym. Oh you could have helped sure, but by standing there and watching you let her know who was boss. Secord will wear the pants in this relationship. I also enjoyed how Mr. Bennett was not afraid to repeatedly take off his shirt or wear the wife-beater tank top despite his gorilla like shoulders and back. Back and shoulder hair are hot and Secord knows it. And How about Lucinda Dickey? All I can say is "KABOOM" - I see a sex bomb getting ready to explode. She's got all the right moves as both a temptress and a martial arts whiz. The chemistry behind Dickey and Bennett is what makes this movie tick. You'd think she would hate him because he's kind of a cheesy jerk, but no my friends. The animal magnetism is too strong to resist, and they bond like crazy glue. Sho Kasugi is not as prominent as you might think, though still a main character, which is fine by me because all I wanted was more Bennett and Dickey. He does seem to wear a lot of eye makeup which was nice to see. The special effects? Wow. That is all I can say. I will not give away the ending but let's just say it will not disappoint. I love Ninja III: The domination, and can only hope that there is a Ninja 4. I give it a 5 out of 5 throwing stars. disappoint.

Brilliant trash!

Author: HumanoidOfFlesh from Chyby, Poland
21 October 2002

Sam Firstenberg's "Ninja 3:The Domination" mixes martial arts with "The Exorcist" like horror.The horror elements thrown on screen are simply laughable,but the film works as a mindless action/martial arts flick.The fight scenes are well-choreographed and exciting,and the film is never boring.So forget stupid dialogue,lame acting and annoying soundtrack-grab some beer and check this one out!Highly recommended!

Lucinda Dickey's back

Author: chris919 from United States
11 December 2005

This is a pretty silly film, including what may well be the least erotic come-on ever to make it to the big screen (the heroine pours V-8 all over herself and invites the hero to lick it off -- yuck!). And yet it also features the resplendent Lucinda Dickey in what is far and away her most erotic performance. In those long ago days, women -- even action heroines -- with real muscles were a rarity, and I can still remember the way my jaw dropped when Dickey took off her shirt, revealing the most powerfully built female back and biceps I'd ever seen. Dickey's beauty and vitality carry the film: she could have been a female Schwarzenegger if anybody had had the vision to promote her.

real ultimate power

Author: Alec_Eiffel from United States
8 January 2005

There are few movies that have the massive amount of non stop ninja action as Ninja III: the Domination. This is a story of love, redemption and revenge, however, this is mainly a story about flipping out and killing people for no reason at all. If you've been searching for a movie where a ninja goes absolutely nuts and takes all kinds of people to their graves just because he's a ninja and he can do it, this is the movie for you. I can't think of any movies to compare this to, because no movie is this awesome. Wait, oh, have you ever seen the thing with two heads? There is a part in that where the titular thing is riding around on a motorcycle and about a million cop cars are chasing it/them around, but they keep crashing and what not BECAUSE YOU CAN'T CATCH THE THING WITH TWO HEADS!!! Well, that is kind of what Ninja III is like. I highly recommend this film especially if you like the following things: Ninjas, swords, Lucinda Dickie from Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, video games about being a bouncer in a bar, ambiguous and underdeveloped love stories or "good" ninjas.

So bad it's good classic from man behind breakin 2!

Author: Davidags (Davidags@hotmail.com)
29 December 2001

This might be my favorite so bad it's awesome film of all time. like many pre-teen children of the 80's repeat viewing of revenge of ninja spawned a ninja phase of my childhood. Man i thought Sho k. was badass back then. Jet Li could wup him with both legs in a cast! This movie has insane crossovers that include flashdance,the exorcist and the Lee Van cleef ninja TV show. ugh. but as a friend of mine says anyone can get a good movie made it takes true genius to make a film that starts with a ninja surviving 17 shotgun blasts long enough to take over the body of arobics instructor to get revenge. wow. While previous commentors have metioned the sword flying out of the closet on the string no one has yet metioned the powerful love scene. Where the sexy leading man cop takes off his shirt to reveal a mane of backhair. The fun never ends. Rent this!!!!!!

Wicked!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
3 May 2007

I've always been fascinated by ninjistsu, who would know that it will go further than beyond. In "Ninja III", it's fun creepy and intriguing. A ninja gets shot up by the police, and uses his spirit for revenge. The victim, a lovely young woman named Christie(Lucinda Dickey). She falls for the cop who was involved in the shooting. The love scene where she pours the V8 on her body knocked me out! The ninja's death gets the attention of another in Japan named Yamada(Sho Kosugi) he comes to America not only to save Christie, but to put the ninja back to the grave. Simply because he put out Yamada's left eye with a shuriken(throwing star). The fight scenes were excellent. I liked the part when the plywood falls on Yamada, and he splits it with his foot. And when he was caught, he tells the officer Christie was involved with that everything will be fine. Rule of thumb: Never under estimate a ninja. He took out the other cops without killing them. And he did his thing without worry. Of course, Chirstie did her best trying to put the ninja in his place for using her a tool for revenge. It was a good movie, great for martial arts buffs. 3 out of 5 stars!

Just Great

Author: ebiros2 from United States
31 October 2011

This is one of the many Golan - Globus made movie. They had series of low budget movies that were pretty entertaining. This is one of it.

For almost no reason at all (At least it's not explained in the movie), a guy comes into a cave looking for a hidden sword. He finds it, and the sword transforms him into a super ninja. He then goes out to a golf course, and kills a couple (Again it's not explained who they were) and gets chased by the cops. Cops shoots him with guns and shot guns, but the ninja guy doesn't die (Again no reason). Then he escapes, and meets a girl (Lucinda Dicky). Then a strange thing happens: The spirit of the sword transfers to the girl, and now the girl becomes the super ninja. Then the possessed girl goes out on the revenge on people that shot the first ninja guy. Now enter Sho Kosugi. He's a ninja too, and seems to know all about what's going on, and shows up at key locations (Again for no reason explained). How would they save the girl from the ninja possession ?

This is movie that's purely made for entertainment. As you can see, the premise of the story suddenly happens, and then just keeps going without any explanation, but you don't care because of Lucinda's physical charm. She's the most beef cake actress I've ever seen. Other supporting actors are pretty good. Whatever the reason, the producers knew what they were doing, because this is an entertaining movie.

It's a good movie, and is recommended for viewing.

Good Ninja Flick

Author: Mike_douglas81 from Austin, Tx
3 October 2004

Excellent plot line makes this movie one of the classic, cult ninja flicks of all time. The plot being that this woman's soul is possessed by an evil ninja spirit. I mean to be honest if i could obtain ninja ability through possession I would. Furthermore, for being in the 80's and such the fact that the ninja aspect was far greater in this particular decade is evident and despite all that, Ninja 3 The Domination manages to keep it original from the American Ninja cookie cutter molds that plagued the 80's for so long. This chick is definitely Michael Dudikoff on steroids.... I mean the first American ninja was great but let's get real folks it has nothing on Ninja 3

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]