IMDb > "Cover Up" Pilot (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

1 of 21 Episodes | Next »

Awesome show

Author: Kim from Birmingham, AL
7 September 2002

Cover Up was an awesome show. It is a shame it didnt last longer. Jon Eric Hexum and Antony Hamilton was just two of the best looking guys on television at the time. The shows stories were good and I even cried when Antony's character told Jennifer's character that Mac was dead. I too would like to see it come back to TV in reruns so I can record them. It is something you dont think about at the time but wish you had done years later.

Fun series with pretty girls & a male lead with star quality

Author: imprator from England
4 February 2002

I live in England, where this series was a big hit. Fun, exciting, lots of good-looking women and the lead character played by an actor with real star quality, who could resist? Went badly downhill, though, after Jon-Erik Hexum was replaced following his death.

The impact of this show was so great, I was amazed to find that so few episodes were made - about six with the original lead, I believe. Of course, Hexum's death made it all the more memorable. He was tipped as the next big Hollywood star, and it was quite a shock. I still recall the touching manner in which his character's death was revealed on the show, so poignant when you knew that the actor really was dead. I also remember the conflicting stories surrounding his death. Was he playing Russian Roulette with a gun loaded with blanks, or did he just put the gun to his head as a joke?

I haven't seen any episodes since it was first shown; it would be interesting to see if I find it as good now as I remember it.

If you get the chance, I recommend you take a look.

An untimely death of a great actor

Author: tayvwiya from United States
4 April 2009

For more details on the "accidental shooting" one should inquire further. Start with asking Lorenzo Lomas what you knows about it. By reading this comment you are agreeing to inquire further but not of me, of Mr. Lomas. Your comments must be posted on the site within 2-3 business days. Should you find more information via direct inquisition i.e. confrontation please write text here and in English only. Thank you. If you would like more details on the so called "accidental shooting" you may contact me at my you tubular location. It's hard to believe I still don't have enough lines for this entry. This part sucks. The administrators should really take another look at that part of this website as it's simply dull and without merit.

Great Series

Author: mubarlow from NZ
6 February 2003

One of the best TV series that ran in the 80's. Such a shame that the death of John-Erik Hexum brought the show to an early end. I felt the show was reminiscent of Charlies Angels. I'm hoping that someone in their wisdom will put these episodes on DVD so that fans like myself can relive the fun.

Enjoyable tv series

Author: Carole Lancaster (carole.lancaster@talk21.com) from Crawcrook, England
4 October 2000

A series which my daughter (now 26) and myself never missed. The first series was excellent, but the second never quite lived up to the first. Wish it would be repeated on television. Have tried to find it on video without success. Maybe anyone knows if there are any available to buy.