IMDb > "Snorks" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Snorks" More at IMDbPro »

Great show

Author: SteffanyAstroStellar from Maryland
14 July 2003

This was my favorite show back when I was little. The bright, vibrant colors made it easy to hold my attention, but it was also a cute little show with cute little situations for the characters to get into. I'm 17 now, and believe it or not, The Snorks come up as a frequent topic of conversation whenever my friends and I talk about shows we used to watch. There is only one thing we can't figure out. What, exactly, is a Snork?

I'm not surprised I'm the first to review this one...

Author: Austin (jackal749@aol.com) from Indiana
26 April 2000

This was, by far, my favorite 80s cartoon. I enjoyed the smurfs, but their appeal dried out on me. I didn't watch Carebears because I was a 5 year old kid who loved doom. In fact, I'm making an anti-carebear game to rebel against the old 80s culture. That's what I get, I guess... Onward now. The snorks were a very happy race of little aquatic animals with snorkels on their heads. The feel of the show was more real than their closest relative, the Smurfs. The problems dealt with were much more serious than what was seen on other 80s shows, yet still naive in their nature. This one died out due to lack of popularity, so I switched to Rescue Rangers. I still have a few (six maybe) episodes on tape, but I know there were over a hundred. Where can I get these? Doesn't ANYONE know? Oh well. I guess it's gone now. It was a great show.

This is what happens when you try to drown a Smurf

Author: True_BackLash from PA
31 May 2003

They loose their blue color and adapt to the water. Seriously, I loved this show it was cool, it featured four freinds (Fred Jones like leader All Star, the tomboy, Casey, Tooty who comunicates with .....well....toots and the Daphaine wanna be uh Daffeny in missadventure under the sea. All Star's DOG, Occy and brillient Uncle Galeo get in the act as well.

My favorite character was Junior, he was Brainy Smurfs underwater clone, well if Brainy was spoiled and rich. I miss this show it was awesome.

Obscure cartoon, but a childhood favorite.

Author: OllieSuave-007 from California, USA
30 September 2013

As a kid in the 80s and early 90s, I would occasionally catch this cartoon show on TV. While I do not believe it is as well-known as "The Smurfs," "Scooby-Doo" or "The Jetsons" from Hanna-Barbera, it is one of my childhood favorites.

The "Snorks" is basically an underwater version of "The Smurfs," creatures that live under the sea and use their built-in snorkels to make music. Not much of a story-line, but adorable and entertaining for a kid 10 and under.

While obscure, it is still better than the cartoons dished out for kids nowadays.

Grade B

the snorks was the greatest cartoon ever made

Author: easytoenvy3 from United States
24 July 2006

the snorks was the greatest cartoon ever made i loved it if it made a comeback i would like to pitch some ideals for the cartoon and also do a voice in the cartoon if i could this cartoon also is a piece of my child hood and i will never ever forget it this was the first cartoon i would watch there's a rumour going around on one of the snorks fan sites that there's going to be a ggi movie of the snorks i just hope that it's just a rumour because this cartoon is a classic and should not be messed with and this cartoon taught me to be kind to others and have respect for others and it does not pay to be greedy junior proved that point this cartoon also taught me to love myself and also to be responsible and to stand up to bullies dimmy proves that and this is why the snorks was one of the greatest cartoons ever made