IMDb > "Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

Skinnamarinky dinky dink skinnamarinky doo, I loooove you!

Author: Registered_User from United States
12 September 2004

I have the best memories of being maybe two or three years old and singing along with the three hosts of this program. The Elephant Show was an essential part of my day. As far as what they did on the show, I don't remember too much except that they always seemed to be outdoors and sang a lot. I seem to remember people dressed in costumes as well. No doubt the best parts were the opening and ending credits. It opened with a cartoon drawing of an elephant walking on a spiderweb and the "cool" music. And who can forget the Skinnamarinky Dinky song? I can still do the arm motions when prompted. What happened to the Elephant Show, or Sharon, Lois, and Bram for that matter? Society seriously needs this show in reruns, even if it's just on the second crappy PBS station no one cares about. Please throw out stalwarts like the annoying "Caillou" and replace it with this!

One elephant went out to play upon a spider's web one day.

Author: blackarachnia2
8 November 2005

They had such enormous fun that they called for another elephant to come. Two elephants went out to play upon a spider's web one day. They had such enormous fun that they called for another elephant to come. Three elephants went out to play upon a spider's web one day. They had such enormous fun that they called for everyone to come.

This show was such a fun show for me to watch. Sharon, Lois, and Bram always made learning fun and they had this way of reaching children that I don't think any other children's entertainers had.

If Sharon, Lois, and Bram should ever happen to come across this page I would say to them thank you for all of the good memories and thank you for reaching this kid in a way that she's never been reached before and thank you for the fun times.

This show is the shiznit!!

Author: AldysClairveux (vampirealdys@yahoo.com) from South Carolina, USA
5 August 2003

I used to watch this show ALL THE TIME when I was a little lass. When the show would start, and the song "One elephant went out to play, upon a spider's web one day. He had such enormous fun, that he called for another elephant to come," started to play, my mother and I would dance in the den together. When that show went off the air, there were other shows too: Fred Penner's Place, Eureka's Castle, David the Gnome. But once those shows went off the air as well, I lost faith in TV. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN WHEN A SHOW IS GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY ON?!?!?

Awesome entertainment

Author: oldladyluvsbsb from Virginia
15 April 2006

My girls loved this show. We actually saw them live at the Broome County Arena. It was awesome. I have pictures! I remember Eureka and Fred, and David too. All those shows were just good clean fun for kids. I didn't have a problem leaving Nickelodeon on all day just for background noise, and the girls could come and go as they pleased. I'm sure shows like this still exist, they are just harder to find. Eventually they'll bring them back in reruns and a new generation of children will get hooked and sing skinnamarinkydinkydink all day long. I know it's something my girls will remember forever as being a great part of their childhood.

This was my favorite pre-kindergarten show!

Author: Cyprus386 from USA
16 April 2000

I remember every day I'd watch this show with my mom. Then I started kindergarten, Nickelodeon cancelled it, and all went downhill from there with the network, as you all know...darn! I'm getting off track again. I always sang along and pretended I knew what was going on, but I was four years old! I even saw them in concert twice, and that Eric Nagler guy in concert too, they all came to the area a few times around the time I started kindergarten. I wonder where they all are now...

Best ever Canadian kids show

Author: KodyB from Canada
28 July 2002

I watched this show all the time on TVO. It was fully entertaining and incorporated great Canadian pride. I will never forget the elephants, or Sharon Lois' and Bram's utter yearn to present a quality childrens show. Just to clarify Nickelodeon didn't produce the show, it was Television Ontario.

The Elephant Show

Author: rmkasian from ottawa
23 December 2012

Sharon, Lois & Bram's Elephant Show is the best children's show that I have ever watched. It was filmed in Toronto, it has a Great story line. I love Concert in between the 30 minute show. I think children will learn a lot about this show and Love the songs they have song . Sharon & Lois ware nice dresses in the Concert segments. The Elephant is what the kids love as well. hopefully you will remember this show when you were little, know your kids can watch the Elephant Show. You can get Sharon Lois & Bram's Elephant Show complete DVD Set on offer.com.Tankyou Sharon, Lois & Bram for sending your magic to kids of all ages. It really warms my heart.

Three and an Elephant!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
16 June 2008

Sharon, Lois and Bram could be easily Canada's answer to America's Peter, Paul, and Mary but with an elephant and children's songs. I remember watching this on Nickelodeon as a kid. I remember them singing their songs included the famous elephant song and their on location in lovely Canada. I love Canada thanks to Nickelodeon who in it's early days imported lots of Canadian children shows. Sharon, Lois, and Bram always sang in harmony and they were genuinely fond of each other and children whether in Canada or the world. They treated it's fans which were mostly children with parents as people rather than little kids. I miss those days of my childhood and I wished that the children today can appreciate and enjoy Sharon, Lois, and Bram and the Elephant Show hopefully on DVD today.

The Elephant In The Room Isn't So Bad

Author: AsifZamir from Canada
14 November 2013

What-ever happened to just simple, fun witty educational children shows? Has TV changed so much that we are forgetting some of the best classic children's shows of all time? Sharon, Lois and Bram's, The Elephant Show, was an all time family favourite with fun catchy songs that one simply carries with them and does not forget. Remember the elephant song, "One elephant went out to play upon a spiders web one day..." and let's not forget "Skidamarink" - "Skidamarink a-dink, a-dink, Skidamarink a-doo, I love you."

The Elephant Show aired originally on CBC from 1984 to 1988. Sharon, Lois and Bram make singing and learning an experience to be enjoyed and remembered in this series. Each episode starts with an elephant walking along a spider web and calls for another elephant to come and then everyone to come and then Sharon, Lois and Bram pop on screen. Each episode features a mini concert with Sharon, Lois and Bram as well as the Mammoth Band and themes depicted in the Elephant Show address everyday issues children face such as clearing up arguments. The Elephant Show, I know I would have been missing out without seeing it. These are the kinds of shows that should be family treasures, passed down from generation to generation.

Cute show

Author: Grace Zeh (filmgirlgz@gmail.com) from Chantilly, Virginia, USA
6 August 2008

I used to watch this show when I was a little girl. When I think about it, I remember it very well. If you ask me, it was a cute show. One thing I sort of remember is the opening sequence and theme song. In addition to that, everyone was ideally cast. The writing was also very strong. The performances were top-grade, too. I hope some network brings it back so your kids can see every episode. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say that I'll always remember this show in my memory forever, even though I don't think I've seen every episode. Now, in conclusion, if some network ever brings it back, I hope that you catch it one day before it goes off the air for good.