IMDb > "Punky Brewster" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Punky Brewster"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Punky Brewster" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

I loved this show! I miss it so much!

Author: Liz from Kansas
4 November 2002

I absolutely loved this show and I really wish they would put reruns on tv. I know a lot of my friends would love if they put more reruns of shows from the 80's on tv!!!!! There are so many shows I used to watch and wish I could tape them or order tapes of these shows from somewhere, so I could watch them over and over.

Soleil Moon Frye's best

Author: mary-64 from St.Inigoes, Maryland
11 July 1999

Punky Brewster was an excellent show when it first came out in the '80s. Soleil Moon Frye was a great Punky, and this will always be her best. I didn't watch the show until it came to the Family Channel, but it's still a great show. But currently, it isn't on the air. My favorite characters were: Punky (of course), Henry, Cherie, Margeaux, and Betty. Too bad it went off in 1988, and it isn't on The Family Channel anymore. Please come back!

Wow, I thought it had a few more episodes than 88.

Author: Aaron1375
7 March 2010

Punky Brewster is a strange little show. Sure it is the typical kid moves in with a person or persons. Usually it is a long lost parent like in "Silver Spoons", some other relative like an aunt or something, or in the strange case of "Different Strokes" an employer. This one has a little girl who calls herself Punky living by herself in a vacant apartment. Well she is soon discovered and starts living with the elderly old curmudgeon and begins to melt away the ice around his heart. Of course that is how it would go, I would not be much of a television show had he sent her away to live in an orphanage where she in turn escaped and begin a life of crime. Well that may have made for an interesting show, but it would have to be one of those shows that HBO or Showtime puts out. Well the girl makes friends and tries to teach the kids at home valuable lessons such as do not go in abandoned refrigerators. Granted that lesson is rather pointless today as any child who can not escape today's magnet fridges is probably special and should never be left alone. She also teaches the importance of not going into old caves with your friends otherwise they end up looking horribly stupid saying "Punky" in a sinister voice while fighting strange glitter men. Okay, so the lessons are rather lame for the most part. The show had some good episodes to it though as there is an excellent story arc of her getting adopted by some evil rich woman and her put upon husband, but there are lots of stupid episodes too. It is also kind of funny that the guy playing the curmudgeon is also the head of the police academy in "Police Acdemy", the one that got the special surprise under the podium.

I loved it!

Author: juliagates2002 from Canada
17 February 2007

I saw Punky Brewster reruns every afternoon when I was a kid and I loved that show.

I thought it was a great show. Looking back it is dated and the laughs aren't there but it is still a good family show I would like my girl to watch someday.

I really liked the old guy character, he was such a nice guy and I like the actor too because he seems nice.

I also liked the animated series they had for the show but I barely remember it and I think it didn't last long, I actually saw that before I saw the regular live version of Punky Brewster.

It's nice to see Soleil Moon Frye is still working too.

Great show, 10 out of 10!

Bring this show back on the air too!

Author: Marvin Floyd (mfloyd@donnelly.edu) from Kansas City, Kansas
12 November 2004

I watched Punky Brewster from the time it aired on the NBC network to the time it ended. Eventually, the show was brought back in reruns on the Family Channel now called ABC Family. Soleil Moon Frye gave a great performance as Punky I can't think of a better Punky Brewster than her. I've written to the Disney Channel, KSMO WB 62, KCWE 29, and even the Hallmark Channel requesting that this incredible show be brought back on the air. I really enjoyed this show and I really want to see it again. I even listen to the theme song on the internet, I also know it by heart. Other viewers want this show back on the air as well. I also called Columbia House video store because they now have all your favorite sitcoms from the fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties, and nineties where you can buy them. I asked them if they had Punky Brewster but they didn't have it.

The Best I Have Ever Seen

Author: Ryan Potochnik (greenbaypackersfan1982@yahoo.com) from United States
18 March 2005

This Show Is The Best I Have Ever Seen Henry Warinmont The Photo Man Talks About Childhood Memories Like Mister Rogers Has A Heart Like Mister Warbucks One Episode Dog Dough Afternoon When Punky Started A Dog Grooming Business She Wanted To Do Anything To Make It Last But Realized That Mister Warinmont Said You're Not Expensive You're Pricless That's A Way To Say I Love You When Punky First Cleaned Mister Warinmont's Aparment When It Was A Pig Pen In The Poilt Episode Punky Finds A Home It Was Another Way To Say I Love You Like The Song In Mister Rogers Neighborhood That Goes There Are Many Ways To Say I Love You

Used to be great...

Author: wishkah7 from Brooklyn, NY. (Where I'm from originally.)
13 February 2000

I didn't watch this series as a child. But when it came to the Family Channel, I did. They showed every episode of this show, and I watched it, and at first I liked it, I thought it was really good. But, right after that episode where Punky had to stand up to a bully, the show just started going down the drain. It became even more shallow when Punky and her friends became preteens, and when Casey Ellison left.

In the show, Punky was always trying to make people feel better and she even made a difference in some people's lives in this show. And she also had some fun and had friend problems, too. (Does Margaux ring a bell?) Then around the time she became a preteen, that's when it started to get dull. Since when did Punky become apathetic and boy-crazed and Cherie became so cruel and vindictive? Then the show became more about adolescent issues rather than a show about a sweet little tomboy who brightens people's lives and has fun with her friends. I was suprised this show lasted until 1988. By then, ALF was popular! Too bad the producers of this show didn't pull the plug on this before it was too late.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]