IMDb > "Muppet Babies" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Muppet Babies"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Muppet Babies" More at IMDbPro »

Awesome...just awesome!

Author: pennylane114 from That dim space over there in the closet
22 October 2001

This is without a doubt one of the greatest cartoon shows ever put on TV. The '80s were chock full of great cartoons, but this one (along with The Raccoons) was the best one of all. I'm a huge fan of the Muppets, and I think I love the Muppet Babies even more than the grown-up Muppets! All the characters on this show were great. It's one of the few shows where I don't hate one of the characters. My favorites are Baby Beaker and Baby Gonzo. I love Beaker because he's actually my favorite Muppet period, and because on this show he was cute beyond belief! His 'meep meep' voice was even cuter! And I love Baby Gonzo because I can relate to him so much. I've always been bit of an outsider who likes to do her own thing.

So all in all, this cartoon is a sure-fire classic, and should be put back on TV!

My rating: 11/10

Like everyone else, I loved this show when I was a kid.

Author: dootuss from PA
9 March 2002

This show is one of my all time faves. Having the muppets as little tikes solving problems by using their creative imaginations was a really great concept. Like every other cartoon from the 80's "Muppet Babies" didn't talk down to kids. It was creative, and it would always leave a smile on my face after watching it for an hour every Saturday Morning.

Another well thought up masterpiece. 10/10.

I love this show

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
10 April 2001

Probably the best cartoon series to hit Saturday mornings. Every episode was so well thought out and was full of lessons in sharing, learning, helping, and friendship. This show is alot like the Rugrats. Only differences is that Piggy isn't half as mean as Angelica and the adults around the Muppet Babies aren't foolish. Every Muppet Baby character was so well thought out. You got Kermit the leader, Fozzie the wananbe comedian, Rowlf the musician, Gonzo the weirdo, Piggy the bossy and dominant one, Scooter the computer nerd, Skeeter the gymnist and Animal the rambunctious one. It's a real shame Muppet Babies is no longer on the air. It was a great show! Much better than the junk kids

One of the best cartoon shows ever made

Author: mpn from Westchester, NY
3 December 2000

Muppet Babies is, in my opinion, one of the best cartoon shows ever made, and when I was a child, it was definitely my favorite. Every episode was full of humor, imagination, wonderful music, and so much more. Most importantly, Muppet Babies taught children who watched it important moral and social values. Jim Henson combined the humor of his Muppet characters with the innocence of childhood and succeeded in creating a sensational children's program. I can only hope that if and when I do have kids of my own, they grow up watching a rewarding and heartwarming show like this one.

Favorite Show

Author: josephtheowl from United States
31 December 2006

I remember countless afternoons watching the Muppet Babies, and it brings back some of my fondest memories. The show really taught me about the importance of imagination, which I remember my grandparents telling my mom ,was a word my brother and I would always use. Like when we would build forts from couch cushions, blankets, and pillows. Like when we would play 'Star Wars' just like Gonzo and Kermit would (I was Gonzo). I remember my eager anticipation for newer episodes or ones that I hadn't seen before.

It saddens me to think about a future generation that will grow up without the wonderful creativity and warmth of Jim Henson.

I really miss this show

Author: Angel Meiru
23 February 2004

Man, why did this show have to end? I mean "Muppet Babies" is probably the most quirkiest and original ideas for a Saturday Morning cartoon (what a LOT of cartoons or animated shows these days lack). I mean the most famous Muppets as kids and the interesting idea to splice live action segments with animated segments and not to mention that Imagination is everything moral. Sadly, I don't think kids these days have enough imagination, due to PC crap being produced.

But hey, I heard sometime soon, they will be releasing this show on DVD! I am so happy!

NOTE: In the episode where Gonzo's chicken Camilla is missing, there is one scene in their that uses some footage from "The Dark Crystal", another Henson classic.

One of my favorites

Author: OmegaWolf747 from Michigan, United States
25 June 2005

This was one of my all time favorites growing up. I think I saw every episode, up till the 90s episodes anyway. I loved all their crazy adventures and how they'd imagine themselves in movies and TV shows.

I always felt so bad for poor Fozzie. No one ever laughed at his jokes. I felt really bad for him in the episode where he wanted to run away.

My two favorites were Gonzo and Animal. I loved Gonzo because he was weird and marched to the beat of a different drummer. I loved Animal because he was wild.

And of course I loved Barbara Billigsly as Nanny. I always wished we could see her face, but maybe it was better that we couldn't. I still remember the episode where she explained why there are earthquakes. It was simple and in a way a child could understand.

Good animated show!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
15 June 2005

Muppet Babies was a good animated program. It was a unique program that featured so many of the wonderful Muppets! The show had a whole bunch of stuff. The show was funny and exciting for what kind of program it was. In My opinion the Muppet Babies was really a head of its time and The show was perfect for the 1980s. I think the show was for both kids and the adults. I think it was a smart show. The main title of the show and the music was good. I don't know if this show is still on TV today but if it is watch this show because it was truly a special one so if you liked the classic Muppet Show, The Muppet Movie, any Muppet movie, Fraggle Rock, and/or the classic Sesame Street Presents: Follow that Bird then check out The Muppet Babies today!

AH Memories!

Author: mmpenrod from United States
28 April 2007

I loved this show as a little kid! The characters were just what Jim Henson created, they used their imaginations to have fun. My favorite Muppets have been and will always be Gonzo and Rowlf! I remember the cassette tape that they made and the songs encouraging kids to do what they want with their lives and I think that's great! My only problem was you never saw Nanny's face! That scared the dickens out of me! Now watching them as an adult, I love the hidden jokes for parents, and the allusions to classic movies like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and The Wizard of Oz. I can't wait to be a parent so I can introduce my children to shows like this that, (Pardon the cliché) make learning fun! My mother let us watch it to teach us tolerance, the use of imagination,take care of the earth, and looks can be deceiving. Shows like The Muppet Babies, THe Gummi Bears, Garfield and friends, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Talespin made Saturday mornings great and growing up a lot more fun.

Yet another childhood favourite that holds up well

Author: TheLittleSongbird from United Kingdom
13 January 2011

I adored this show as a kid. I thought it was affectionate and funny, with great educational value and fun characters. Re-visiting it, this childhood favourite still holds up. I love anything to do with the Muppets, their show, their movies, their humour, their personalities, seeing them as babies was a great idea and worked superbly. The animation was colourful and clean, and the music is cleverly composed. The stories and episode ideas were always so well thought out, while the writing was delightful consistently. Likewise with the characters, even as cute babies they are as endearing and as likable as the ones from the show and movies we know and love, and the voice acting is spot on. I also loved the educational value, Muppet Babies taught some great lessons simply and effectively in a way that appeals to kids and adults. In conclusion, it was a wonderful show, and still holds a special place in my heart. 10/10 Bethany Cox