IMDb > "Kids Incorporated" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Kids Incorporated" More at IMDbPro »

Why are the negative comments at the top? This was...no, it IS a fantastic show!

Author: darkpixie-1 from United States
30 December 2004

What many negative people fail to point out is that Kids Inc. was nominated for many Emmys, and its stars won Youth In Film awards several times. It ran for 9 seasons because it was clearly a fan favorite.

Kids Inc. gave countless numbers of kids the chance to live out their fantasies and contained none of the sex or violence that runs rampant on TV. Instead of whiny, 5-octave-too-high tunes like Kidz Bop, it featured REAL kids, who actually sang. In its later seasons, it dealt with topics that actual kids were dealing with, and didn't downplay them. They used music that was current AT THE TIME, and judging the show out of context is not right. Unlike other live-action kids shows, the small, recurring casts gave us a chance to identify with the characters and watch them grow.

If this is going to turn into another Jump the Shark site, I'd like the link to my site "The Little Site That Could" removed, please.

bring it back

Author: TheColt from Raleigh, NC
17 April 2001

Disney or MGM should bring the reruns of this show back on the air...it was such a good show and unfortunately back in the day when Disney was a pay channel, not many kids could watch the show (I only caught it when we got the Disney preview). Now that Disney is a regular cable channel, at least show the reruns so that kids today could see what it is to be a REAL teen band that actually plays instruements.

When bad clothing happens to good children

Author: JZvezda
2 March 2003

KIDS Incorporated is what would have happened had the 90210 gang been a kids band in the 80's.

The KIDS were actually a neverending Menudo-style lineup of tweenie-boppers, who performed as the house-band at a Peach Pit style malt-shop/hangout for rugrats. They sashayed across stage in their large, over-sized, neon colored blouses and tight black leggings. They rocked out on their guitars and keyboards, with enough dramatic energy to suggest that they thought the instruments *really* were plugged in, and they *really* were playing them. The KIDS covered our not-so-favorite hits from Casey's Top 40, and we tuned in every week to see which songs they were going to put to a slow torturous death.

KIDS gave us Marta Marerro, before she washed the 20 lbs. of 'L.A. Looks' out of her hair and became pop-goth princess Martika. I prefer the old Martika, in all her satin jacket, giant brooch-wearing, neon leg-warmer glory. She was sassy and saucey and we worshipped her and her Crayola make-up, and we kept hoping her pirouettes would go awry and she'd fly off stage.

And you had to love "The Kid" (no, he was not played by Prince). "The Kid" marched around with attitude and threw shade and impersonated Diana Ross. Luvvem! There was also this dude named Riley, who made way-awesome yogurt-frappe' and seemingly loved steroids. I think he owned or managed the club or something. He helped the KIDS through life-altering crises like:

*Which song should the band do tonite-- "We Got The Beat", "Rhythm Of The Night" or "Gloria?"

*Stacey is like, sooooo tired of being a back-up singer. If she doesn't get to sing lead, like, NOW...she is going to barf out her retainer and go solo!

*Ohmahgawd...there's a leprechaun next to the gelatto machine and he's all like, "Where's me lucky pot-o-gold?" (I loved that episode...the leprechaun was "Isaac", the evil dwarf guy from "Children Of The Corn"!!!)

Damn I miss this show. We hated the KIDS and we loved them too. We sang along with them and then secretly wished the roof would collapse on top of them. The Saturday morning TV universe is a stark, empty void without KIDS intoxicated.

This show is great!

Author: JoeKool-2 from Opelousas, Louisiana
24 June 1999

Kids Inc. may sound like a kids show but it's good for all ages. Its very entertaining watching the kids sing and dance on stage and dealing with problems. The show was on the Disney Channel but is now canceled. it was good while it lasted.

Rather addictive...

Author: JohnnyOldSoul from Here
16 January 2005

Random fact: in the last season you can see me in the audience in two episodes.

Anyhow, that aside, as a preteen, I adored this show and it's cast of regularly vanishing performers. Some have gone on to great things, Stacy is in Black Eyed Peas, Martika did quite well on her own, Haylie Johnson pops up on TV occasionally, Reneé Sands(trom) is in the group "Wild Orchid," and then there's TV darling Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Looking back at this show, I suppose it was all a bit silly, but it was harmless enough, and is ripe for a revival. How about it, Lynch Entertainment?

If Kids had a rock band.

Author: Ken (Baldach) from Mesa, AZ
6 October 1999

While it lasted the show was a lot of fun. The show portrayed kids in a rock band, performing a teen-dance club. Also the kids dealt with promblems such as a being too shy to ask someone on a date, or having a friend that likes Shakespeare while you only want to listen to rock and roll. A neat concept, at the time. Only disagreement with the show was the songs. By the time the show received permission to have the kids sing the songs, they were not as popular.

Childhood Memories

Author: DaltonRayne from Rhode Island
19 April 2003

I remember when Kids Inc. The first time around when it was aired on Sat. evenings at 7. The show was sappy & sweet But it let pre-teens get a tast of the music of that time. It was innocent and glad we had it. Now youngsters get a tast of pre-teen strippers like Brittney and Christina. Kids Inc. was Right place right time!!!

I love kids incorporated.

Author: j-marge from United States
3 November 2006

Growing up the same age as the kids on the show, I thought it was the best. My sister and I sang along, we loved the outfits, the hair, and ESPECIALLY the music.

Yes, It's possible if I were to view this again, I would be as embarrassed to watch it as I am to listen to my old beloved New Kids on the Block albums. But, with my naive love intact, I say, bring on the DVD box set. I'll buy 'em all!

Kids' Incorporated back then is similar to what movies like "High School Musical" are to kids today. It's not meant to be groundbreaking television, and no, the kids (clearly) don't play their own instruments.

But with three of these child stars still on the celebrity scene today (Fergie, Mario Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt,) you would have to agree that those kids were talented. It's not their fault they came of age in the 80's!

Plus, the 80's are back.

Loved, loved, loved this show

Author: wwjd8019 from United States
8 October 2006

This was one of my favorite shows as a kid. I gotta tell you, I haven't thought about this show in a long time until I went to retrojunk.com and saw the intros. It brought back my love for the show and some very cool memories. I remember the kids hanging out in a mall-like setting and the kids singing like they were rock stars in a huge concert hall. I do not remember a lot of the kids on the show or the skits but I do recall the show being a lot of fun with a lot of awesome music. I liked Jennifer Love Hewitt and wanted to be her. lol I also recall having a big crush on Ryan Lambert(he was such a cutie with those big, beautiful brown and killer smile). I wanted to be on this show so bad, that I would often daydream, pretending to be one of the kids on the show, singing and dancing. I would love for this show to come back. It was very positive and up lifting and made everyone feel good. Disney channel, bring this show back!! God bless

Kids Inc is the 80's

Author: sunnette from United States
15 May 2006

To me, Kids Inc is the 80's. It was the show to watch and dance to. It represents not only the music, but the clothes,and issues of that decade. There is no other show more deserving to be on DVD. Those of us who grew up watching it, learned to sing the 80's songs, by kid rated versions to classic favorites. Many stars were born out of that show. I know Jennifer Hewitt as Love Hewitt and saw Stacy Ferguson grow up, just as this generation has watched the Olsen Twins. I loved to see the stage costumes as well as the outfits they would wear for the entire show. It was also neat how they would break into a song that fit so perfectly with the story line. I pray this show comes out on DVD. It is the perfect way to show this generation, how much fun we had growing up in the 80's!!!!