IMDb > "Five Mile Creek" (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Five Mile Creek" More at IMDbPro »

Wonderful family oriented series about the wild Aussie west

Author: Graysailor from Arkansas
18 December 2000

This is a great Disney series of 39 TV shows. You follow the adventures of a group of people who come together through different circumstances to run a stagecoach line in Australia during the 1870's, 1880's. It has lots of western type activity, hero's and badguy's. Some romance. No gore, no killings (until the last few shows). Very family oriented, moralistic show. You will find yourself hooked after a few shows and missing the characters when you view the last one of the series. It's a shame they don't do a reunion show. Many fine actors and actresses including Jay Kerr, Liz Burch, Louise Caire Clark, Michael Caton, Rod Mullinar, Gus Mercurio and Peter Carroll as the main stars. This show might be described as "Bonanza" crossed with "Little House On The Prairie". We loved it and miss it. The last six or so episodes have a young Nicole Kidman playing a rough edged tom-boy.

Great show!

Author: Melissa Alice from USA
10 September 2002

It's one of my favorite TV shows, and I'm almost 19. Some people might think it's simple and silly, but it's a good family show with charm--not just for kids, but the whole family! It has (usually) good morals, excitement, and emotion. I think it's one of the best (or the best) Disney series.

Very Enjoyable!!!

Author: Elizabeth Rhodes from United States
11 November 2005

This is a very enjoyable series. A lot of people probably don't realize that once you get past Episode 10?(I think) you get to see a very young Nicole Kidman. You also get to see her in a very different light than you do in say Moulon Rouge. It also has some very fantastic country side. There is a lot that a person can relate to between their day to day life and ours. There is also a lot going on so that you don't want to miss a minute of the movie. Yes it is set in the Austrailian Gold rush days, but that is really cool. They have very well trained stage drivers. It is one movie that I really enjoy. I can't wait for the next season(s) to come out. Hope they get it out very soon!!!!

The best TV show ever! Yes, ever!

Author: SanDiego
11 June 2002

The best TV show ever! Best story line, best arc, best twist in any series ever. Collectors search eBay for each and every episode. Nicole Kidman becomes a star and she's just a minor player. If you haven't seen the entire series then you have done yourself wrong.

A Fan's View

Author: SadieKate from Florida
18 December 2001

I love this series! It is truly a wonderful family show. The wonderful acting talents of the actors and actresses helped make this a good show. Disney should have a reunion show and reproduce the tapes.

If anyone wants a good family show suitable for everyone in the family this is a good choice.