IMDb > "Finder of Lost Loves" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Finder of Lost Loves" More at IMDbPro »

Call it corny, but at least this series...

Author: MarieGabrielle from United States
16 August 2006

having been made in the 80's (after "Love Boat") had some helpful and upbeat stories. (This was before reality trash, degradation and negativity dominated television).

Tony Franciosa and Debra Adair are a nice team, helping people to re-unite again, meet up as friends, or actually find their "lost love". This series at least gives the viewer a positive spin on life, some decent acting (by real actors, not reality publicity parasites) and an interesting theme.

Those who enjoy positive escapism will like this series as well as "Hotel" which was also popular in the 80's, and not as over the top as "Dynasty" or "Dallas". 8/10.

Found: A Good 80's Show From Aaron Spelling

Author: maxwelllimited from usa
27 August 2002

"Finder" was a sweet little show, rare for Spelling Productions in the time of "Dynasty's" reign of 80's excess. The only way it resembled "Love Boat" was the wide range of notable guest stars it featured. The cast, headed by Deborah Adair and Tony Franciosa, did an excellent job of giving the stories depth. And the productions values, including beautifully subdued costume designs by Nolan Miller, were high and included great location shots. For a show with only 23 episodes, it's previously unnoticed value seems to be showing now on cable stations, nearly 20 years later.

A heartwarming show, one to cuddle up and watch on a Saturday night

Author: amiga123 from United States
18 June 2005

I watched this program weekly. It was and is one of my favorite programs. Another user called the show "bland". I would describe it as warm, funny and hopeful. People who had fallen out of touch with someone hire an agency to find someone they have been thinking about for years.

I think many people remember someone from years ago, someone that was dating another person at the time, or like me, was a little too shy in high school to say something to someone I really admired. Or a relationship where the two of you got upset or angry about something insignificant and you have always wanted to put it right.

It's one of those few shows that always had a good ending, either one full of understanding, always full of love. So many of the shows in 2005 are full of sarcasm. Anyone who has ever been in love knows that life does have many hopeful, loving moments. Anyone who is a romantic at heart will love this show!

unrealized potential

Author: jeberkin from United States
21 March 2011

I liked this show, and watched several episodes. Tony Franciosa was a wonderful actor in TV and in movies (he gave a riveting performance in "Across 110th Street"). He died in 2006. Also starring was Anne Jeffreys, who was in a wonderful sitcom in the '50's called "Topper". Dionne Warwicke sang the title song over the credits. Tony's character helped reunite clients with their "lost loves". This was very well-made, like several of Aaron Spelling's productions. Unfortunately, it didn't last too long. By the second part of its run, I noticed changes, in either cast or characters, and from there it went downhill. It was a shame, but "Finder of Lost Loves" was fun to watch for awhile.

The Love Boat On Land

Author: hillari from Chicago, USA
26 October 2001

This failed series only lasted a couple of months, if I remember correctly. It was somewhat of a companion piece to "The Love Boat". A detective and his assistant took on cases concerning love. The cases were exactly like the title said--people looking for old flames, hoping to rekindle lost romances. I believe this was also one of the many shows that Aaron Spelling produced. Finders Of Lost Loves was a bland show; the best thing about it was the title song sung by Dionne Warwicke(the version played on the radio was a duet between Ms. Warwicke and Glenn Jones).