IMDb > "Danger Bay" (1984) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Danger Bay" More at IMDbPro »

Cool 1980s Family Adventure Series From the Disney Channel

Author: Reginald Harrison Williams (RHW5000) from Denmark, South Carolina
19 September 1999

Chaos, adventure, romance, speed boats, two likeable kid characters, a nice looking female lead, and an animal doctor for the star amounts to 30-45 minutes of fun. Unfortunately, as soon as I started liking this series, it went off the air. I hope some episodes are on video one day. The theme song rocked!

Educational, fun and gloriously retro, Danger Bay is perfect lazy afternoon quality

Author: WendyLauren from Canada
23 November 2007

Danger Bay offers a fun, informative and dramatic look at the life and work of marine veterinarian Dr. Grant 'Doc' Roberts and his two children Jonah and Nicole. Every episode offers an educating and exciting adventure as the trio (or some variation including those characters) take on saving the life of a marine animal. It might be a little predictable, but so is CSI, and at least there isn't a precise equation to the episode (next time you watch CSI, note that approx. 10 minutes before the end of the episode you find out who *really* committed the murder). As Doc Roberts, Donnelly Rhodes offers the typical strong, caring Dad performance, while Christopher Crabb as Jonah and the fittingly named Ocean Hellmen as Nicole provide the 'good kid who always learns a meaningful lesson' characters. The awesome theme song and glorious 80s quality make the perfect addition to your lazy afternoon in front of the TV.

A wonderful show for all the family

Author: (cecile.laumonier@wanadoo.fr) from Melun, France
16 February 2000

I remember this day as if it was yesterday ... I heard on TV that a new show would be aired soon. "Cap Danger" they said and I thought "Eurggghhh! Another action or cascade show!" And a few days later I was under the charm of Danger bay, which was definitely not a cascade show but a romantic show about nature and family, sea and animals, friends and love ... Wonderful actors, delightful scripts. I would never forget episodes such as The Only One, Pilot Error, Hand to hand or It's a jungle in there. I laughed, smiled, cried with that show. My best years in front of a tv... If only there was a website or videotapes dedicated to Danger Bay!!!!