3 items from 2017
“You might ask why we are doing this commentary track.”Cathy’s Curse (1976)
1. This original cut features opening text that Collins (who also creates credits for TV/film) apparently recreated, and they’ve finally given Barrett the opportunity to read all nineteen words. They’re not present in the longer director’s cut. “I’ve never seen the longer cut,” says Barrett “and I won’t because I’m patriotic.”
2. The onscreen text was added by the distributors to explain the footage they cut for its release.
3. Barrett (and Collins?) recorded a “fan” commentary for the films years ago.
4. Barrett wonders about the Venn Diagram including people who are fans of the film and happen to know who both he and Collins are. “It’s like two specks that you can’t tell if they’re the same or not.”
5. “You know and I know that I’ve had »
- Rob Hunter
Stars: Howard Vernon, Pierre-Marie Escourrou, Anouchka, Antonio Mayans, Lynn Monteil, Youri Radionow, Gilda Arancio, Marcia Sharif, Yvonne Dany, Jean Rene Bleu, Jean Rollin | Written by Julián Esteban & Jess Franco | Directed by Jean Rollin
The residents of a small French village are shocked when a young girl goes missing whilst visiting the nearby lake and another girl is found brutally murdered within the village itself. Naturally, they turn to their friendly neighbourhood mayor (Howard Vernon) to find out what has happened.It turns out that during WW2 the Nazis had occupied the village and instead of bowing down, a group of rebel villagers led by the mayor himself rallied together to fight back. Taking the platoon by surprise they gun them all down and to avoid suspicion further suspicion from potential soldiers, dump the bodies in the lake. As it turns out, one of those killed was actually the father of Helena, »
- Mondo Squallido
UK distributor Screenbound are set to take the plunge into the sleazy world of Euro-horror with not one but Two new labels dedicated to the genre(s). Launching in March, Black House looks to cover the more horrific side of European cinema, whilst – at least based on their first releases – Maison Rouge offers up a little more sleaze…
A selection of World Horror and Erotica Cult classics get the Screenbound touch! Throughout [the] year we will be releasing a host of films directed by horror and erotica industry legends, such as Jess Franco and Patrice Rhomm. Watch out for the new labels “Black House” and “Maison Rouge”, labels dedicated to these fantastic releases. The first DVD is set to be released… in March.
- Phil Wheat
3 items from 2017
IMDb.com, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.See our NewsDesk partners