IMDb > Shooting Stars (1983) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Shooting Stars (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Funny and exciting...why didn't it get picked up?

Author: adrienej.egger from Indianapolis, IN
25 June 2000

I loved this film! I think it probably was intended as a pilot for a TV series and I would have LOVED the series. Parker and Billy Dee make a great team...they are funny and play off of each other well. I loved the scenes with Parker and Tori Spelling (who was listed as Victoria Spelling in the credits)...VERY tender and sweet...made me want to just give Parker a big hug.

They had a great cast (Fred Travalena was hysterical), and a lot of humor all throughout. What a waste of talent that the TV execs DIDN'T make a series out of this!

Good Story, Good Stars - Why doesn't it work??

Author: yatahaeshadai (yatahaeshadai@aol.com)
12 March 2000

They say movies are magic. It must be true. There must be a magic ingredient beyond script and actors that make movies work. This movie does not have the magic! Parker Stevenson and Billy Dee Williams star as TV detectives that get cancelled and decide to try it for real. On their first case they have to use a movie prop as a gun ( There is a waiting period to buy a gun). It should work. You are rooting for it to work! But it never does. It reminds you of a pilot for a TV series. Maybe that's what it needed. A little more time for the characters to grow and the plot to develop.