Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi
Page 7 of 65: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Because of "Sith", Jedi now best of old trilogy

Author: markline-2 from United States
29 May 2005

It means so much more now. After we have seen the real story, you know understand the emperor and where he came from, what he did to the jedi and to anakin, and how he tricked him into turning evil. You understand what obi wan and yoda have been up to, just biding their time in order to use Luke and leia to fight the emperor and succeed where they had failed.

The fight at the end now moves me like it never did before...cause instead of being evil and only saving his son cause he is dying, you understand that anakin had a lot more to think about at that moment than just what we knew then, namely mace's death the same way , his lost friends, his wife and the lies this evil man told him, etc. etc.

And the ending celebration now caps off six movies instead of three. Hayden put at the end of the DVD version now completes the story, reuniting him with his friends and loved ones in jedi immortality.

besides the first half hour, which features early signs of the block of cheese that would plague phantom menace, this is the best now of the old trilogy for me. Anakin fights his way out of hades and gets to heaven...now we know the real story that we only kind of said "cool, okay" to before.

Best movie ever

Author: nicolai_antonov from United States
29 May 2005

Star Wars is the best saga in the world. So if this is the best movie of the saga it must be the best movie ever. Whoever doesn't give this a 10 must be insane. all the movies in Star Wars are good except episode 2, episode 1 was OK, but stinks compared to the other, and episode 4 might seem bad to you, but it rocked for the year it was made in. I'm writing this on may 29th, and I just saw episode 3 for the second time yesterday, and man it rocks. I first saw the movie on Saturday. The only reason I didn't see it on Thursday was because my dad wanted to see it with me, and he was at the grand canyon. Star wars for life. PLease agree with me please? man you gotta see episode 3 if you haven't already. if i keep writing i gonna go crazy!!

The Second Best

Author: emfern13
25 May 2002

Return of the Jedi seemed to be much of an improvement over the Empire Strikes Back, which had some problems in my opinion. This movie displays effects just as good as a New Hope, but not as good as the two prequels. The acting was exceptional in this one. Harrison Ford was probably happy that he did not have to do these anymore. The action was really good in this too. 10/10

The Greatest Movie Ever

Author: Michael Fortuna from Henrietta, New York
9 May 2002

I am a huge Star Wars fan. All the movies have been great, but this one takes the cake. It is definately the most action packed, and the storyline is great. The characters are likeable, and even Darth Vader touches my heart at the end. The Ewoks are loveable and Jabba is disgusting. The music in the background is excellent with John Williams doing the score. This film is a great family movie, because it teaches you that family comes first.

The best of the first Star Wars trilogy to run in theaters

Author: caamich from Southcentral Michigan, USA
12 May 2000

Jedi was a great mix of romance (not as sappy as Empire), adventure, suspense, action, and, best of all, humor (what would a Lucasfilm feature be without it?).

This film has been highly under-rated, in my humble opinion. It manages to resolve problems without getting too sappy and without giving fans the impression that the Alliance is completely out of the woods. (Pun intended, for those of you who have seen it.) Why else would this movie have generated as many sequel books as it did? Some issues were left unresolved, and some were left to mystery. The books deal with some of those issues.

I, for one, am very disappointed that the third trilogy may never appear on the silver screen. I want to see what happens next in Lucas's eyes, not in the eyes of the novels' authors.

Postscript: I don't care how many people hated the Ewoks! They served exactly the purpose Lucas wanted them to--to be the bunny by the side of the road that saves the big bad monster from certain death. Sometimes fairy tales just have to work backward, and usually those are the ones that are most interesting! Those out there who are anti-Ewok just because the creatures look like animated teddy bears need to get a life. Cuteness is a really dumb reason to hate something. Nastiness--now, that's a different story.

Again, all in my humble opinion.

A magnificent finale to one of the most memorable trilogies of all time.

Author: Victor P. Osimitz (victor_osimitz@yahoo.com) from Racine, Wisconsin, USA
19 July 1999

This is easily my favorite Star Wars movie and possibly my favorite movie of all time. The story is excellent, and unlike the previous movies which had a feeling of gloom, Return of the Jedi produces mixed feelings. It is a happy ending, and yet sad. Very few movies ever touch my emotions even lightly, but the ending -- with Yoda, Kenobi, and Anakin appearing one last time to look at Luke -- did so. It is an even more stunning movie now that Episode I has been released, and we have seen the lovable boy that Darth Vader used to be. His catharsis was long overdue, but it was not too late for a heartwarming end to the trilogy.

Finally they return !

Author: Cougar-20 from Frankfurt/Main, Germany
25 June 1999

Only six years after the first SW movie George Lucas shows us of what he`s able to do ! Take a close look to those special effects and tell me how often do you see that in SF movies nowadays !? John Williams again made a great job and proves himself as one of the best ever in that business. This movie should be the one all have waited for cause it is the end of the whole story. Every question will be answered, well not every, that`s why we`ll see episode one to three in the next years but it is the happy end and also the final chapter in a story that has everything in it !

Magnificent climax to the series!!

Author: Chris-332 from Hawthorn Woods, IL
16 June 1999

Just in case you're thinking that I don't know my Star Wars by saying that ROTJ is the climax, I can tell you right now that there is a less than a 1% chance that the sequel trilogy will happen. Anyway, Return of the Jedi is definitely up to par with the first two (not counting Ep. 1). Though it may lack in a FEW places, it still is as great of a movie to have the words Star Wars in the title. My favorite parts are all the ones with Emperor Palpatine, the whole beginning involving Jabba the Hutt, and the fight scene at the end. I don't know why everyone hates the ewoks. They are a great touch to the Star Wars series. Besides, you need some charm in the final chapter in the series, just like you need some charm in the first chapter in the series (hint, hint: don't hate Jar Jar). ROTJ has classic moments in it, just like the others. Take the sarlacc for example, or the rancor. Those scenes have just as much in it for a true classic moment that the space slug did, or the sand people. All in all, ROTJ is the best climax to a series I've ever seen, and I'm glad that it had to be from the phenomenal part of culture called Star Wars.

One of the greatest films.

Author: Krayt from Duderstadt, Germany
10 November 1998

Why does hardly anybody like this part of the trilogy? To be true, it's the first one I watched. It's a pity, I know. But I liked the battle scenes on Endor. And I made this film one of my favourites. But there's one thing I never understood. Why is it categorized as Sci-Fi? According to Isaac Asimov, there's two types of Sci Fi. The first one deals with science. And I would say the only real "Science" "Fiction" movies are Star Trek. And there's a lot of books- Jules Verne, Isaac Asimov himself. It has to do with science. The other type of SF Asimov meant is the one that deals with what could be in the future. There's a lot of these- Total Recall, Terminator, all these. It has nothing to do with science, but with future. But there's no future, there's no science with Star Wars. What is left is Fiction- the best there could be.

Another great sequel.

Author: Caine from Sydney
8 September 1998

Return of the Jedi has got to be one of the few examples of the third movie in a trilogy being at least as good as the first two.