IMDb > Anna Pavlova (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Anna Pavlova More at IMDbPro »

Dance , dance & dance!!

Author: varsha_chandwani from India
23 June 2006

This film , it can be said , is dedicated to artists all round the world. I saw this film in Russian language as I did not have the benefit of English sub-titles but in spite of that I fell in love with the film!!All the dancers who ever feel low can see this film and gain their confidence back.The movie shows that no matter whether she was tired or in pain , Anna Pavlova always danced and never disappointed her audiences. Her dedication to dance was unparalleled and those who want to take up dance as their career must start out only after watching this film.The music was haunting too. I wish Anna Pavlova was really the heroine of this film.

Emotionally wonderful and thought-provoking!

Author: Nurey from Toronto, Canada
25 February 1999

I am Russian and I have a great love for Ballet, both watching it and performing. I only watched this movie once, and now wish to see it again.

This documentary is, on my scale, as good as Burnt by the Sun! And that's the highest on my scale!

Very inspirational!

Author: jurilink from London, England
2 January 2013

In my childhood I watched this film in the cinema and was fascinated by the strong spirit of the legendary ballerina Anna Pavlova with her passion for complete dedication to the art of ballet.

The filming location of this film was at the Ivy House on North End Road, Golders Green, London where she lived for the rest of her life.

For a long time I had a dream to visit this place. And recently my dream came true when I visited her former home at the Ivy House to see the statue of Anna Pavlova sculpted in her honour in 2010 by Hampstead artist Tom Merrifield near the lake where she fed her swans like in the scene in this film!