- The man they ask directions from responds with "Who do I look like, Christopher Columbo?" instead of his R-rated response.
- Eddie's daughter credits her science teacher, not her father, with saying she's the best at french kissing.
- When they lose the small suitcase while driving, in the movie version, Clark says the only thing that can't be replaced that was lost is Ellen's diaphragm, which is changed to birth control pills for the edited version.
- When Clark asks a pimp for directions and he tells Clark a dirty response was cut.
- Clark and Ellen's conversation in the car about what they did during a trip to Florida in college was cut and just lead to Clark saying "the damn wheel's all screwed up".
- Ellen coming out of the shower now shows her buttoning up her shirt where in the video release, her breasts were visible, but not here.
- The scene where Dale shows Rusty his stack of nudie books "this high" was cut, as was the scene where Vickie showed Audrey her shoe box of weed, including the part where Vickie gives Audrey a few joints before letting her in the Truckster.
- After Clark forgot to untie Dinky from the bumper and the cop found out, his response of "explain this you son of a bitch" was changed to "explain this you sedistic bum".
- The scene where Clark and the family pull into a cafe that delivers food to the car and Clark takes the tray, hits it against the window and drops it onto the pavement was cut.
- When Clark trots through the desert, the watcher's comment of "what an asshole" was changed to "what an airhead".
- Clark's speech of the trip to Walley World was now a quest was altered to remove the words 'fuck' and 'assholes' and 'shit'.
- The scene where they have just left Chicago and Clark sings "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot" was cut and just lead to the scene at the gas station where Clark tried to find the gas tank.
- And the original song that plays whenever Christine Brinkley drove by was changed to "I'm so excited" in all encounters, except when the family is eating at a picnic and Clark spots her at a truck stop.
- When aired on Fox Family, all profanities including 'hell' and damn' were removed and some scenes not in the above version were still intact and some were intact but altered.