IMDb > Kutya éji dala (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Kutya éji dala More at IMDbPro »

the very best movie I've ever seen

Author: lucifer1991 from florida, USA
28 September 2003

This is a movie that I've seen countless times, yet I can't wait to see it again. The genius of Gabor Body, the mesmerizing acting of Marietta Mehes and the amazing music of the Galloping Coroners all together create an experience that one simply cannot forget. The viewer is left begging for more... It's like space travel or being high without having to use any drugs. Not that this movie is the only masterpiece of Body. Narcissus and Psyche will move you just as well. However, I prefer the modern setting of Kutya eji dala versus the historic tale of Narcissus and Psyche.

Author: empties0 from Hungary
3 February 2007

This film is a haunting, weird masterpiece from director Gábor Body, who later committed suicide. Definitely not for everyone though. But if you're into enigmatic experimental / underground films, strange plots and bizarre atmosphere, this is a holy grail. Simply the best Hungarian avantgarde film (or the best Hungarian film ever..., which also includes some of the best Hungarian underground / punk bands of the early eighties. If you can catch it somewhere, don't miss it!! This film really deserves repeated viewings - and it still won't lose its mystery. There hasn't been any DVD releases of 'Kutya eji dala', what a shame.