IMDb > Easy Money (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Easy Money

Easy Money More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Rodney and Joe Pesci Rule the screen!

Author: BigfootNY from United States
21 December 2004

The funniest film I have ever seen (29 viewings and counting)! Rodney's overall lifestyle as a married with two daughters Staten Island baby photographer who happens to drink, gamble, go to strip bars and get late night diner food with his best pal Nicky Marino (played by Oscar winner Joe Pesci), is unlike anything I've seen before and since. His struggles to live without his vices in order to collect the "easy money" are hilarious and include dealing with his daughter's slimy Puerto Rican boyfriend Julio and having to photograph a bratty child while still going through withdrawal. Pesci is a cross between his Good Fellas and Lethal Weapon 2 characters and has never been funnier.

This is a companion film for anyone who liked Caddyshack.

Wonderful movie.

Author: bink13 from United States
19 February 2005

I do-not usually watch very many movies. Usually only 30's to 60's movies. This movie I caught by accident on a Saturday afternoon. From the moment I watched it I couldn't stop laughing. There actually were tears in my eyes. Rodney Dangerfield was definitely at his best in this comedy. There were so many hilarious moments and incidents most of them not expected. He also was not overacting as we all can relate to the character he portrays in this movie, basically himself. We are all familiar with the character perhaps being similar to ourselves. His friends in the movie were not stereotypes rather true-life characters on our own blocks everywhere. Ms. Azzara was perfect as the wife. She contributed her true New York accent, Italian heritage and many talents. She was low-key but no one could help but notice her fine talents and portrayal. The five minutes before the ending were a bit disappointing but the ending made up for it. This movie is to be enjoyed and shared by everyone. A ' Diamond in the Rough '. Pure pleasure.

Watch this during "must see TV"

Author: Satch-2 from New York, NY
17 February 1999

Forget about those hyped up banal TV shows, and rent yourself a copy of this film. It features Rodney Dangerfield at or around his acting pinnacle, as well as some early entertaining performances by Joe Pesci and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Damn funny stuff from the beginning. Suffer along with Monty as he is forced to give up most all the things in life he holds dear, so as to satisfy the requirements of his mother-in-law's will. Some highly memorable situations and one-liners will serve as the basis of much reference material for fellow fans.

Classic.

Author: lartronic from Akron, Ohio.
20 June 2001

I loved this movie, everything about it works. From the great opening to the hilarious final gag, this film was entertaining. Rodney Dangerfield plays a slob/children's photographer who's set to inherit some money from his mother-in-law who hates him, given that he weighs 175 pounds and cuts back on the things he loves (but she hates) by the end of a year. These things mainly include drinking too much, smoking too much, eating too much, and being plain out vulgar. Of course, this is the setting for one of funniest comedies I've ever seen. And this movie has one of the best theme songs ever written for a comedy I've ever heard. Go out and buy this tonight.

One of Rodney's best

Author: caspian1978 from Boston, MA
11 January 2002

It's not everyday where you get to watch a good comedy starring Joe Pesci. No one cares now, but when Rodney decides to join the big comedy club up in the sky above, Easy Money will be broadcast on every comedy network from Maine to San Diego. Second to only Caddy Shack, Easy Money is Rodney's best and most loved film roles as the guy who never gets any respect. A wonderful story with a wonderful arrangement of characters including Rodney and Pesci. Overall, Rodney makes the film come together with his comic genius.

Rodney Dangerfield at his best!

Author: kirstymd from Vancouver, WA
25 January 2005

Classic Rodney... expanding on the work he did in 'Caddyshack' as well as his own stand-up routine persona. He's crass, crude, and just plain hilarious. The whole joke of the movie is trying to force him to NOT be himself in order to earn the "easy money" his wife's mother has left in her will if he can straighten himself out. It's not just in watching him be "Rodney On the Loose", but also getting to see what happens when he's forced to stop being, well, Rodney. Even then, he's still Rodney, and maybe even more hilarious.

In this movie he has a supporting cast that's up to the job: Joe Pesci as his over-the-top best friend, Jennifer Jason Leigh as his newlywed daughter to a hilarious Taylor Negron, Candace Azzara as is fed-up wife. The scenes between Allison and Julio are classic line merits alone, without Rodney. The exercise bike into the Christmas tree is PERFECT Rodney.

And you will never ever walk away from this film being able to just "browse" around a dept. store again; nor will you resist wanting to go for your own "Regular Guy" look.

My sister and I have watched this movie maybe 50+ times since it originally appeared on HBO, and we still quote lines back and forth. "Caddyshack" we laughed until we cried; "Back to School" we chuckled. It was this movie that we still watch and go into fits over, reciting lines, because it is classic Rodney at is best. Not set to the side just to bring on a chuckle or two, not given some over-sentimentalized junk, but just the guy we watched doing stand-up late at night when we were probably supposed to be in bed.

Thank you Rodney from me and my sister!

Ya gotta love Rodney

Author: CalTempe@aol.com (CalTempe@aol.com) from Lynden, Washington
4 November 2002

One of my favorite movie lines is, "Can I call you dad?"

Caddyshack was described as "slob humor," and this exercise in vulgarity is a double-guilty pleasure.

There are excellent gags-- Rodney flying into the Christmas tree, Rodney flipping channels past The Lost Weekend-- and good supporting performances. Joe Pesci clipping his underarm hair says it all.

And, underneath all of the roughneck recklessness, there's a pretty well written movie.

Thanks, Rodney.

Rodney Dangerfield is the best stand up comic ever!

Author: the_great from Trinidad and Tobago
18 August 2006

I rarely watch a movie more than twice, but this one I've watched four times since I bought the DVD. I just want to hear the theme song one more time - and end up watching the whole movie!

The story is very good, both funny and thought provoking. There's not a dull moment. Even the scenes with Monty's daughter and Julio, which at first seem a little unnecessary, make sense at the end (SPOILERS!) when Julio accidentally shoots Monty in the a**. If this isn't Rodney Dangerfield's greatest film, I don't know what is. It's the best that I have seen, and I have seen a lot of good ones: Caddyshack, Back to school and Meet Wally Sparks. Little Nicky with Adam Sandler is horrible, avoid it like plague... Speaking of - Joe Pesci as Rodney / Monty's pal Nicky does one of his best comedic performances as well. The scene where he shows Monty how easy it is to control smoking is hilarious.

At the risk of sounding a little naive (like Monty's pal Paddy, when he tries to pick up the stripper by asking her to meet his parents), I have to say I was a little disappointed (SPOILERS!) at the lack of moral the end of the story provided. Therefore - 9/10.

Classic 80's Comedy

Author: (AndyO) from New York City
28 August 1999

If you are a big fan of Rodney's this is the movie to see! A lot of funny one liners. His comic timing is perfect.

A perfect guide to how men should behave! Also watch "Back to School"

Easy Money

Author: Tim Cox from Marietta, OH
20 July 1999

Dangerfield is in top form in his first starring vehicle as a slob who tries to mend his ways in order to inherit his mother-in-law's estate. Memorable one liners and classic gags that show off the comedien's immense talents. Title song by Billy Joel.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]