Cult sexpot Lina Romay in a blond wig

Author: charlottesweb from UK
2 January 2001

Candy tells the story of her life, her dissatisfaction with her male lovers, her desire for her girlfriend Katy and the route that led her into stripping. This is 80 minutes of flesh, bordering on the hardcore, sometimes on the gynaecological, and supposedly directed by Lina Romay (Candy Coster). Her husband Jess Franco was probably on hand somewhere. Romay in 1982 is not the trim young sexpot she was in the early 70s but she loves to get stuck in and there are still moments of genuine eroticism. It's a shame a ridiculous blond-white wig often offsets her cute, slightly buck-toothed face.

Remake Is Better

Author: Michael_Elliott from Louisville, KY
14 April 2008

Confesiones íntimas de una exhibicionista (1983)

** (out of 4)

Lina Romay plays a lonely woman who spies on a couple having sex in the room next to hers. Soon Romay builds up the courage to join them and soon finds herself with another couple who begin teaching her other sexual acts. Franco would remake this film three years later in El Miron y la exhibicionista and I think that film works a lot better than this one. In that movie you had a man spying on Romay and another woman as they had sex so the stories are pretty familiar but the remake was a lot better made and featured a brilliant movie score to spice up the action. That film there was also hardcore while this one here features one oral sex scene and everything else is softcore. This film here is really hampered by an extremely low budget, horrible editing and an overall ugly look. The spying scenes here are poorly filmed and they're never erotic and become quite boring very quickly. I had to view this film in Spanish without English subtitles so I'm sure I missed out on a lot of the stuff dealing with Romay and her two new sexual partners because there's a lot of dialogue in these scenes. The movie remains mildly interesting throughout its 80-minute running time and Romay offers up a decent performance but I'd recommend the remake over this one.