Blue Thunder (1983)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- Suggested MPAA rating: R for Sequences of Action, Some Strong Violence, Sexual Content/Nudity, and Language
- Two men watch from outside a window a naked women enter a room and stretch in various positions. Her full body is seen, pubic hair included. A man and a women are heard having sex at an unseen location, but nothing is shown.
Violence & Gore
- Most gore is resulting from gunshot wounds, of which there are several. Blood and blood splatters are shown resulting from wounding, but tissue or other damage is not in evidence. Several men attack a woman who is shot (later reported to result in her death) and the men are shot and go down (not known for certain if fatal or not). It is suggested that she was about to be raped. Several men violently rob a liquor store, taking a hostage. Both men are shot in a battle with police. A police officer is taken prisoner in his home, bound, and tortured. Sounds of the torture are heard and pain is evident, but the actual torture acts are not shown. A man is run over by a car - his bloodied body is shown being placed in a body bag. Several police officers are shown taking gunfire at several times in their vehicles, but none appear injured. A man is shown in flashback from a war scene being pushed out of a moving helicopter and impacting on the ground. A man is shot in a helicopter leaving prominent blood splatters on the broken windshield - no sign of the wound or blood on the actor is shown. A man is found in a helicopter that explodes, but no physical remains can be seen when the wreckage falls to the ground.
- Various scatological references are made. Religious references using names of divinity are made. The f-word is used repeatedly. Sexual connotations in relation to individuals are used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Use of cigarettes is shown, but not prominently. Drug or alcohol use is not featured.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several men attack a women at her home. A man is tortured by bad guys in his home. He manages to run away while bound and mouth taped. He is pursued and run over by a bad guy.