IMDb > "We Got It Made" (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"We Got It Made" More at IMDbPro »

Almost Had It Made

Author: Thor2000 from Collinsport, Maine
29 April 2001

This show was supposed to be a take-off of Three's Company with two guys living with a girl. The spin was that the guys were opposites, a homage to the Odd Couple with actor Matt McCoy as the uptight handsome lawyer and Tom Villard as the goofy looking space cadet with his head in the clouds. They both had girlfriends played by Stepfanie Kramer (later of Hunter fame) and Bonnie Urseth. Then in walked Teri Copley, a beautiful, vacuous blonde whose personality was even amounts of Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball, who they hired to be their live-in maid. The series was to prove how the guys could be loyal to their girls without obsessing about their drop-dead gorgeous maid. This nearly successful show was then ruined by what kills so many first time shows: tampering. Out went McCoy, Kramer and Urseth, leaving Copley and Villard with another idiot roommate to suffer through first-run syndication. This show was supposed to be a break-out success for Teri Copley, but instead it became another example of another really bad example of how not to ruin a series!

Not the Best TV Show Ever, But Not the Worst

Author: c.sherlock
18 December 1999

The year this one debuted was a bad one for NBC. By the end of the season, as I recall, all the shows that had debuted that season had been cancelled. "We Got It Made" hung around for a fairly long time but just couldn't survive.

Two bachelors with a disgusting hovel for an apartment decide they need a housekeeper. Enter Mickey Mackenzie--blond, beautiful and with absolutely no housekeeping experience. Of course, she's hired on the spot. Not a great show but made somewhat easier to take by the presence of the fetching Teri Copley.

Possibly the worst sit-com ever made

Author: peter07 from Seoul, Korea
15 January 2002

This sit-com was a vehicle for one thing only: Teri Copley. Besides the blatant copy-off of "Three's Company," the show just had the worst jokes and situations. Copley was sexy but that was about it.

It's a wonder Stephanie Kramer was able to go on to "Hunter" after starring in a series as horrendous as this.

Tom Villard Rules.

Author: bamboo-2 from USA
29 April 2001

It's odd to see a show like this from the 80s. It's incredibly stupid, yet there is a marvelous actor named Tom Villard who created a sexy, engaging, funny leading character that deserves to be seen again now. He's the reason to watch this show...Terri Copley is just another blonde bimbo, and who is the other guy?...But Tom has a gift. He makes people laugh.

Genius...Absolute Genius

Author: cheeseitgirl429 from United States
11 September 2006

"We Got It Made" could possibly be the BEST sitcom ever made! It's profoundly moving, at times, exciting, frightening, hilarious, but most of all overwhelmingly wonderful. Such drama, passion, and emotional depth has never been seen before on the small screen. I've seen all the episodes at least three times each, and they never fail to amaze me in their greatness. Well-crafted, smartly written, and each and every single performance touches me in a wonderful place. This show is God.

But it would be no where as amazing without the exceptional work of Bonnie Urseth. Never has one performance in a series changed so many lives. Her work is exceptional, bringing the audience through the entire cycle of human emotion. God bless her and "We Got It Made"!