IMDb > "Manimal" (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

Manimal: R.I.P. (Thankfully...)

Author: Paul Affleck from Canada
5 March 2006

Sure, at age 8, I enjoyed this show. Thankfully, I managed, even at such a tender age, to escape any permanent damage to my aesthetic sensibilities despite my viewing of this first-class bone-yard turd of a "show". That I thought it pleasant viewing at the time just proves the clear-headedness of not allowing mere children to make important decisions. Would you REALLY trust a person who laid claim to Manimal as decent viewing material? If you would, I recommend to your kin that they seek your immediate involuntary committal to hospital, under your jurisdiction's relevant mental health legislation.

And I recommend an alternative ending to this misguided piece of tripe. The learned Professor, during one misguided hawkish fly-by of some crime-infested borough, mistakenly flies over a licensed hunting ground, and is unceremoniously felled by one thankfully eagle-eyed hunter. Forthwith, Benji, who due to his long-unemployed status is doubling as a hunting pooch, proceeds to de-feather and ingest the hapless hawk before he can morph back to a creature better able to defend himself.

GOODBYE, MANIMAL!

Holy Heck did this suck!

Author: kal_el91270 from Parts unknown
29 September 2001

NBC, I want those 60 minutes of my life back. What was I thinking? I was 12, so I my only excuse was that I wasn't thinking when I decided to watch the pilot for this steaming pile of drek. Simon McCorkindale as a guy who can morph himself into any animal he chooses? Sounded intriguing, except that they could only afford to show him as two different animals(typically a panther or a hawk) and only once or twice an episode at that. The rest of this boner is just soap opera schlock and not even well written schlock to boot. This has earned a place in television history as one of the worst shows ever and by all means that is a distinction that is well-deserved.

What were the executives at NBC in the 80's were thinking?

Author: raysond from Chapel Hill, North Carolina
19 October 2002

What mindconcept NBC executives were thinking? This wasn't the worst of several pathetical shows that were shown on the network. I can think of several that was made during the 1980's("Here's Boomer!","Father Murphy","Hello Larry","Voyagers","The Raymond Burr Show","The Master","She's The Sheriff","Casablanca" and etc.)but this one takes the cake as being one of the worst shows ever made. The concept was so silly that it went off the air after 8 episodes(count em' eight!). Come on here? There was one episode where our hero(Professor Chase played by Simon MacCorkindale who discovers the secrets that divide man from animal which he can changed into a beastly figure to fight evil doers)that was shown recently on the Sci-Fi channel where he changes into a venomous cobra to save a damsel from great danger.

Abysmal TV Series, thankfully cancelled after a few episodes!

Author: ShaneofPg from Z2255/SFG
1 August 2002

Manimal was absolute rubbish! It should have been called "MINIMAL!" because he only ever changed into a panther or a hawk! Simon McCorkindale is not a bad actor so why did he agree to star in this sad show (money perhaps?!)? A very bad show with absolutely nothing going for it-watching paint dry on a wall is more exciting than this!

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]