IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 14: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Keep it in context and you won't be disappointed

Author: Bill (wabbit99) from California
6 December 2001

If you are looking for a cinematic masterpiece, then Bob Clark's comedy about a group of teenagers at Angel Beach High School is not for you.

However, if you are like a majority of people who like a damn funny movie for pure entertainment purposes, then "Porky's" is definitely worth the rental or purchase price.

Clark's 1981 film about Edward 'Pee Wee' Morris and his basketball buddies at Angel Beach is the quintessential teen comedy. Its raunchy, very adult in its humor and nature and hilarious, especially in the gymnasium scene.

While this is not Clark's best work (see 'A Christmas Story') this is a far cry from being as awful as others believe it is. Go in expecting a laugh or two, and you will be satisfied beyond belief.

Best teen movie of the 80s

Author: ap8077-1 (ap8077@hotmail.com) from chicago, IL
19 August 2001

It's too bad none of the cast became big stars like in other movies when this movie came out it change a lot of things I seen a lot of porky's rip offs like screwball and a lot of others. Now part 2 and 3 was any good but thats what happens when you trying to be greedy.

''Hello,is a Mike Hunt there ?''

Author: Adam Morrison (dvd53@hotmail.com) from Bathurst, New Brunswick
2 July 1999

Outrageous sex comedy is overly hilarious to watch.This an ADULTS only comedy.

Rating:**** (out of five)

Not modern? Give me a break

Author: Bats_Breath from Phoenix, AZ
9 August 2001

One commentator named Jerry said American Pie was "more modern" and teen movies came a long way since Porky's. How so? I'm assuming Jerry is or at the very least was a teenager 2 years ago in '99 and thus is biased towards American Pie. Fair Enough. I was 23 when American Pie came out 2 years ago and I thought it sucked. I suppose if I was a teenager my opinion would have been different. Granted, Porky's was a bit before my time as well. I was only 5 years old when Porkys came out. Its not like I was a teenager back then and I hold some heavy bias towards Porky's. But Porky's is just as raunchy and I dare say even more raunchy than American Pie. Its a common misbelief to think that as time goes by, things get more raunchy and racy. What they didn't have sex and raunchiness in 1981? They had it all in the first century A.D. Jerry. Now I had some similar beliefs around 1994, 1995 when I was in my teen years. Every teenager thinks their generation is the coolest and most "hip" and "raunchy", then another bratty generation comes along and thinks they are better. When in reality, teenagers NEVER change.

eh.....

Author: Mike (rkoegel@earthlink.net) from Selbyside - St. Paul, MN USA
19 May 1999

I rented the movie expecting to see something I haven't seen before. I mean, it's considered to be the raunchiest teen movie of the 80's, which it is, and it is original, but some of the scenes are so mean and inconsiderate that it really tainted the film's enjoyment. I would say it is the least satisfying of it's genre, however if you want some good laughs and have nothing to do, see the movie. 3 stars out of *****

Don't waste your time

Author: dreynolds1727
28 May 2003

On my deathbed, I will lament the loss of the two hours this piece of crap stole from me. Because I heard so many good things about it, I continued to watch, waiting for something funny to happen.

Very misogynistic and mean-spirited, this movie has few redeeming qualities. Many reviewers compare this movie to movies like 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'American Pie'. However, those movies were actually funny and were well-acted. If you like this genre of movie, watch those instead.

Hilariously, raunchy comedy. This is where it starts...

Author: (billybrown41@hotmail.com) from Kimberling City, MO.
31 January 2002

I'm quite sure that if it hadn't been for this movie, there never would have been an American Pie or an American Pie 2.

"Porky's" takes us back to the good ole days when sex was EVERYTHING to a teenage boy. That's right, some may beg to differ by saying "what's changed? it's still everything." In some ways they would be right, but this was back in a day before drugs had really taken off and the only ones smoking pot on a regular basis were jazz musicians.

The story centers on a high school virgin (PeeWee) and his buddies, their quest to get laid, and all of the hijinks and pranks that ensue. Speaking of pranks, this has some of the BEST pranks ever put on film PERIOD. This fun-loving group tries EVERYTHING in their power to get laid. When one of them suggests that they take the 70 mile journey, down to the swamps, to a legendary red-neck dive called "Porky's", the group happily pile in their cars and take the trip. When the evil proprietor, Porky himself, takes their money and humiliates the guys, it's revenge time.

The movie moves along at a nice leisurely pace, but things are NEVER boring. There is always something going on that will have you in stitches. Whether the boys are watching the girls through a peep-hole in the shower, or Pee Wee is going on and on like he's NOT a virgin, you will be cracking up. I really don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it, but I will say that this one will find a place in your collection. I wouldn't reccomend the sequels quite as enthusiastically, but they do have their moments. If you loved Pie or Pie 2, this is your movie. That's all I gotta say about that.

Ah, this should make the heart stir

Author: LJStephens1980 (stephens.lucas90@yahoo.com) from Australia
18 November 2001

Porkys, is without doubt one of the most funniest comedies ever.

Bob Clarke, my opinion has created, a timeless masterpiece, that certainly has more to offer, than the Americian pie garbage.

Dan Monahan, Wyatt Knight, Scott Colomby, Nancy Parsons, Tony Ganios, Roger Wilson, Mark Herrier, and Chuck Mitchell are simply brilliant, in this comedy of extremes.

Certainly not for little kids, but a definatly for the adults, this is one smart piece of work.

10/10: If you haven't seen this, GO AND GET IT, you won't be disappointed.

So much Funnier tha American pie

Author: filmbuff69007 (filmbuff69007@aol.com)
26 August 2001

Now this movie hasnt dated at all.its still very funny much better than a guy who makes out with a pie.theres nudity of both sexes.not the tame stuff you get nowadays where the cast show reluctance to show anything.the film has many classic scenes and its story has a plot.unlike pie.

the second best in the series

Author: steve layne
21 April 1999

porky's is a funny and entertaining movie. it's kind of a sex comedy, but has a little more heart than your average sex comedy. but that doesn't mean it's better. screwballs in my opinion is the best sex comedy of all time. but porky's is good too. i give porky's *** out of ****

Page 10 of 14: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]