IMDb > Porky's (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 8 of 16: [Prev][3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

The Epitome of '80's T & A Flicks

Author: ccmoore from Maryland, USA
27 December 2000

This whole franchise is great for what it is: gratuitous sex and hi-jinx with a group of friends. If you view it for that reason, Porky's is a very entertaining movie. I always thought it would be nice if they did one of them in college, but anything beyond a third installment of a movie is usually trash.

Classic teenage comedy with that extra special touch of sexual flavor

Author: (ringmasterdcg@cs.com) from Howell, NJ
24 November 2000

Porky's will forever go down as the ultimate teenage movie that came out of the 1980's. The movie has the perfect combination of comedy and sexual situations. Kim Cattral's scene in the boy's locker room is still embedded in my mind to this day.

Funny for it's time!

Author: Flamio from Ohio
24 July 2000

This flick was a classic. No morals here for sure. Sad but funny. Dan Monahan was very funny as Pee Wee. Meat, oh please! The gym scenes, Miss Balbricker grabbing things, oh please! Very farfetched but funny. Sadly, most of the story dealt with the pressure Pee Wee felt about getting laid. As if getting laid makes would make him a man and give him confidence. Any High School flick always generates thoughts of when we were all in school. When this film came out I was in High School myself and so was my wife. As a matter of fact, Dan married my wifes cheerleading coach, and voted for my wife to be a cheerleader at cheerleader tryouts! Yes, she's a fox! Flamio.......

Good raunchy fun

Author: brandon sites (bigpappa1@spinfinder.com) from usa
13 May 2000

A down and dirty comedy filled with pranks of all kinds. A group of guys in the late 50's or 60's trying to get laid is what the film is about. Not much substance, but one of the funniest movies ever and with a few memorable characters. Belongs in everyone's movie library. 7/10

One of the greatest teen-age movies ever!

Author: rubowef from Oxford, OH
5 March 2000

Although I am NOT familiar with the sequels to the movie, PORKY'S is by far one of the greatest teen-age sex farce movies ever. All I have to say is that it was a major inspiration for Kevin Smith (of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma fame) and is still a major influence in the lives of teenagers today. From what I've read about Kevin Smith, MALLRATS was an attempt to bring back that entire attitude about film making and making movies that critics will probably hate but those that kids will love more. If you are a lover of 80s movies, do yourself a HUGE favour and rent this movie because it is wonderfully incredible.

The one that really started it all!!!!!!!

Author: NEO-154 from Tampa, Florida; U.S.A.
27 February 2000

Now, I saw American Pie and thought it was one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. There's only one problem....... it's only, in my opinion, a nineties version of Porky's!

This movie is the teen practical-joke movie by which all others are judged!! It is simply the wackiest movie I ever saw. For those of you who have not yet seen it, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!!!!!

funny as hell!

Author: sgtpepper_74 (sgtpepper_74@hotmail.com) from re derre
6 February 2000

Porky's is a blast to watch and it's unique. The characters, most notably Pee Wee and Meat, are guys that YOU would wish to hang around with at school. 10 stars!

Nº1 comedy of all times.

Author: Patricio from Buenos Aires, Argentina
19 February 1999

How can the people vote an average of 5.5 on this movie?. Its not fair. I propose everyone to watch it again (I saw the 3 "Porky´s" movies more than 4 times) and then re-vote, because this movie deserves better ratings. Now you will think: "this movie is offensive and it´s sexual content is too much for me". Even if you are 90 years old, don´t tell me you didn´t think of doing (or didn´t do) what Pewee and friends do in this film because I don´t believe it. Now, look at Porky´s again; now pay attention to a pair of scenes in it that are antological: the one in the girl´s shower-room (I can´t describe it, you have to see it with your own eyes), and the one that comes after it (the gym professor telling the school director what happened in the shower-room). And I can count more like them. I think this movie is worth a look (and then some).It is hilarious and addictive (just read the other user comments about it). I don´t understand why there were no more "Porky´s"; they are essential to my mind and for everyone´s too. So please you people: be more open-minded. I give this excellent film an 8.5 out of 10.

An imperative watch for all teenagers

Author: John E. Lee, Jr. (johnldhf@aol.com) from Houston, TX
4 January 1999

When I saw the rating for Porky's was a mid 6, a realization occurred to me. I came to the conclusion that almost everyone who has voted for this movie is either a girl, or an old man with a sense of humor that involves watching reruns of Gomer Pyle. All young guys that watch this movie that I know love it, because we all can identify with it. If there was a teen imdb, this movie would be a high 9. Shazaam!

A Comedy full of Humerous Pranks!

Author: Jason Squires from Norwich, NY
20 October 1998

Porky's is a great comedy full of laughs and humorous pranks. I literally laughed my socks off as I watched this movie from beginning to end. Mostly sexual humor, the movie has some of the best pranks I've ever seen. A delight to watch.