IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 15: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Can't find something to laugh out loud about? You're obviously dead

Author: hung_fao_tweeze from Omaha, Nebraska
26 February 2005

It's completely adolescent in every way. It's entirely rude and somewhat crude. It's high-school, folk(s). Yet you will be compelled to laugh out loud. I've seen this monster more than 5 times and I still get teary eyed. Interestingly the situations by themselves are only mildly funny, but the spin and nuance the actors/actresses apply to their characters transforms what could have been ever so much more lame into over-the-top hilarity. There is magic in this movie. You feel it and sense the great fun the cast had doing it. This movie gels in every way. The same thing was attempted in 'Porky's 2' and seemed forced - which translated into a rather lame follow-up.

Not for the easily offended or naive. Ultimately the driving force for nearly everything in the plot is sex. Yes, there's nudity but it doesn't get past a high PG-13 or low R, IMO. Also of interest is there doesn't seem to be an abundance of foul language. Oh, it's here alright but it seems appropriate and not gratuitous or indulgent.

I'm not going to even cite examples from this movie. It would take too long and you're better off just going out and viewing it. Even if I told you what happens it wouldn't spoil a thing anyway - and that is what makes this an all-time classic. In fact, 'Porky's' is a lot like sex - if you do it once you'll eventually do it again. Worth repeated viewings!! Do it and do it again.

Outrageous Fun

Author: mjw2305 from England
28 January 2005

A bunch of high school students, after just one thing, p*ssy, p*ssy and more p*ssy get caught up in a whole lot of trouble.

On an outing to a nightclub called Porky's, desperate to get Pee Wee (Dan Monhan) Laid, the owner with the help of his brother, the local sheriff, embarrass them and rip them off and leave them p*ssed off and horny.

The Lads plot their revenge, and implement a plan to destroy the nightclub, but what happens to Pee Wee that's his last chance, isn't it?

Great Fun, and i, for one can't wait for the remake.

Proverbial American Humor

Author: 1lawyer from Dallas, Texas USA
23 January 2005

Everyone who has ever seen this movie seems to remember it in great detail. Chuck "Porky" Mitchell is an action figure that will always be remembered by the audience for his very real portrayal of a "river entrepreneur". This is a movie you will NOT forget. It is a "peoples movies", not for the faint of heart. It borders on being an "Art Film". The photographic quality of this move alone sets it apart from most other films. It appears to have been shot on real locations, not in a studio lot. The signage on Porky's establishment is eye catching and cleverly portrays what he is offering to an adoring adult male public. If you are a ballet fan or a classical music fan, you will doubtless NOT want to view this film. If you are a "Red Stater" politically, you will find this movie to be a must see - several times at least. It embodies the spirit of the Television Series "Happy Days", except with a bit more edge, especially regarding the moral climate in which "shotgun weddings" were in vogue. It is one of those "FEEL GOOD" movies that has a mostly happy ending and makes the viewer crave more. And there are two EXCELLENT follow ups.

A good way at losing your naivety...!!!

Author: templer_doom (templer_doom@yahoo.co.uk)
1 August 2003

I first saw PORKY'S at a time when my fellow school pupils seemed to be one up on me when it came to matters of nocturnal pleasure. I was a late developer, certainly when it came to girls as a whole and I have to admit that I probably would have been a lot like Pee Wee in being foolish around sex. As it stands, PORKY'S is a great teen movie and one which clearly inspired the likes of AMERICAN PIE in terms of teen stupidity. As with the more recent movie, the plot is slight, but enables some memorable moments to occur, which will remain unsaid here and you can't help but root for the boys as they are shortchanged by the venue of the title......

funniest movie I have ever seen

Author: Jessevans27 (Jessevans27@hotmail.com) from Concordia, Kansas
2 September 2002

I thought Porky's was the funniest movie I have ever seen. I liked it because they are all friends playing tricks on each other. I mean, who doesn't do that. I have always played tricks on my friends. It made me laugh. That's why I enjoyed it so much. Laughing is my most favorite thing to do. I'm 28 and still playing tricks. I love to laugh. All the characters made me laugh. I like comedy. And this movie made me laugh the most. This is funnier than American Pie. That's only my opinion. I laughed throughout the whole movie. I still watch it. It's fun to joke around with your friends. I loved this movie. It still makes me laugh and have a good time. My dad loves this movie. It's just a bunch of teenagers playing tricks on each other. It's the greatest!

One of the worst movies ever made

Author: itamarscomix from Israel
13 August 2012

Honestly, it is. I don't have a problem with low-brow, gross-out humor, but I expect a movie to have at least one redeeming quality - a likable character, an unpredictable plot, good one-liners, or, at the very least, funny jokes. Porky's has none of those; every character is a flat and familiar caricature, every joke can be anticipated thirty minutes in advance, and there's no motivation to root for or care about anybody. It may indeed be the ultimate teen sex comedy in that it adheres to every possible cliché to the letter. If you want a hilarious comedy centered around horny young people doing dumb things and trying to get laid - compare and contrast Animal House, released only four years before. That's a real comedy. Porky's is real trash.

Excellent

Author: chastrigg (chastrigg@hotmail.com) from Hull England
4 October 2003

I first saw this film because my mum recommended it as funny. I watched it and thought i wish id have been in that movie. It must have been so much fun to film the cast are all hillarious and the mischievous characters are amazing. Tommy Turner one word - phoaw - Billy, Brian and Mickey joint second and the rest of the gang joint third. The humor in this is way beyond any young comedy i've ever seen, sure Scary Movie and such like are funny but this is pure humor, not ripping off or following the ideas of someone else, this film is original, with the best cast to do the amazing side splitting comedy justice. Anyone who doesn't find this film funny needs their heads reading.

A true comedy classic

Author: Jack Smith - The King Of Horror from West Bromwich, England
6 October 2000

One of the greatest comedies ever made! Porky's is an absolute joy to watch full with extremely funny gags and wonderfully rude set pieces including "that" legendary shower scene which has to be seen to be believed. This film just puts modern rip-offs such as American Pie to shame with it's unrivaled hilarity. Wonderful! If you have never seen this brilliant film then you haven't lived. This is one of the most enjoyable films that I have ever seen.

Ridiculous Money Maker

Author: getyourdander from United States
25 April 2015

There is little sense going into any story of that his movie really has a plot. The thing is humor doe not need plot. This is the tame version of Borat only it has more taste than the dictator.

It made so much money that sequels were made. So like it or hate it, an American Success it is. As for why it made so much money? I can not explain.

Maybe it is like JAWS - you just can not avoid going to it. There is just so much room for good taste anyhow.

Put your brain in park and enjoy it.

After all, most people miss their best chances at sex in their life times anyhow. So here, enjoy the funny worst chances at sex in comedy.

If you are a male between 12 and 16 years old, you will love this...

Author: dworldeater from United States
16 March 2015

Porky's is one movie from the 80's, I think I would have better appreciated if I saw it in the 80's. As an adult I'm not so impressed by a little nudity and lowbrow frat boy humor. This film has a lot in common with Animal House and like Animal House, this is also set in the 1950's. Even though I am not a fan of this movie, I give director Bob Clark some props as a diverse film maker. He has worked on a wide range of films from Black Christmas to A Christmas Story. A Christmas Story works much better as a period piece of the 50's and is a much better film as well. However, the two pictures are much different and that is where their similarities begin and end. Unlike many other movies that people consider to be classics, I don't think the movie aged well. Porky's as a movie is not that spectacular and while the acting performances are not bad, they are not great and do not elevate this substandard film. Plus most of the jokes are pretty dated, dumb and not funny. I can absolutely understand why critics panned this movie on its release. It is dumb. However, Porky's was a huge hit.