IMDb > Porky's (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 16: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Outrageous Fun

Author: mjw2305 from England
28 January 2005

A bunch of high school students, after just one thing, p*ssy, p*ssy and more p*ssy get caught up in a whole lot of trouble.

On an outing to a nightclub called Porky's, desperate to get Pee Wee (Dan Monhan) Laid, the owner with the help of his brother, the local sheriff, embarrass them and rip them off and leave them p*ssed off and horny.

The Lads plot their revenge, and implement a plan to destroy the nightclub, but what happens to Pee Wee that's his last chance, isn't it?

Great Fun, and i, for one can't wait for the remake.

Proverbial American Humor

Author: 1lawyer from Dallas, Texas USA
23 January 2005

Everyone who has ever seen this movie seems to remember it in great detail. Chuck "Porky" Mitchell is an action figure that will always be remembered by the audience for his very real portrayal of a "river entrepreneur". This is a movie you will NOT forget. It is a "peoples movies", not for the faint of heart. It borders on being an "Art Film". The photographic quality of this move alone sets it apart from most other films. It appears to have been shot on real locations, not in a studio lot. The signage on Porky's establishment is eye catching and cleverly portrays what he is offering to an adoring adult male public. If you are a ballet fan or a classical music fan, you will doubtless NOT want to view this film. If you are a "Red Stater" politically, you will find this movie to be a must see - several times at least. It embodies the spirit of the Television Series "Happy Days", except with a bit more edge, especially regarding the moral climate in which "shotgun weddings" were in vogue. It is one of those "FEEL GOOD" movies that has a mostly happy ending and makes the viewer crave more. And there are two EXCELLENT follow ups.

A good way at losing your naivety...!!!

Author: templer_doom (templer_doom@yahoo.co.uk)
1 August 2003

I first saw PORKY'S at a time when my fellow school pupils seemed to be one up on me when it came to matters of nocturnal pleasure. I was a late developer, certainly when it came to girls as a whole and I have to admit that I probably would have been a lot like Pee Wee in being foolish around sex. As it stands, PORKY'S is a great teen movie and one which clearly inspired the likes of AMERICAN PIE in terms of teen stupidity. As with the more recent movie, the plot is slight, but enables some memorable moments to occur, which will remain unsaid here and you can't help but root for the boys as they are shortchanged by the venue of the title......

funniest movie I have ever seen

Author: Jessevans27 (Jessevans27@hotmail.com) from Concordia, Kansas
2 September 2002

I thought Porky's was the funniest movie I have ever seen. I liked it because they are all friends playing tricks on each other. I mean, who doesn't do that. I have always played tricks on my friends. It made me laugh. That's why I enjoyed it so much. Laughing is my most favorite thing to do. I'm 28 and still playing tricks. I love to laugh. All the characters made me laugh. I like comedy. And this movie made me laugh the most. This is funnier than American Pie. That's only my opinion. I laughed throughout the whole movie. I still watch it. It's fun to joke around with your friends. I loved this movie. It still makes me laugh and have a good time. My dad loves this movie. It's just a bunch of teenagers playing tricks on each other. It's the greatest!

One of the worst movies ever made

Author: itamarscomix from Israel
13 August 2012

Honestly, it is. I don't have a problem with low-brow, gross-out humor, but I expect a movie to have at least one redeeming quality - a likable character, an unpredictable plot, good one-liners, or, at the very least, funny jokes. Porky's has none of those; every character is a flat and familiar caricature, every joke can be anticipated thirty minutes in advance, and there's no motivation to root for or care about anybody. It may indeed be the ultimate teen sex comedy in that it adheres to every possible cliché to the letter. If you want a hilarious comedy centered around horny young people doing dumb things and trying to get laid - compare and contrast Animal House, released only four years before. That's a real comedy. Porky's is real trash.

Excellent

Author: chastrigg (chastrigg@hotmail.com) from Hull England
4 October 2003

I first saw this film because my mum recommended it as funny. I watched it and thought i wish id have been in that movie. It must have been so much fun to film the cast are all hillarious and the mischievous characters are amazing. Tommy Turner one word - phoaw - Billy, Brian and Mickey joint second and the rest of the gang joint third. The humor in this is way beyond any young comedy i've ever seen, sure Scary Movie and such like are funny but this is pure humor, not ripping off or following the ideas of someone else, this film is original, with the best cast to do the amazing side splitting comedy justice. Anyone who doesn't find this film funny needs their heads reading.

A true comedy classic

Author: Jack Smith - The King Of Horror from West Bromwich, England
6 October 2000

One of the greatest comedies ever made! Porky's is an absolute joy to watch full with extremely funny gags and wonderfully rude set pieces including "that" legendary shower scene which has to be seen to be believed. This film just puts modern rip-offs such as American Pie to shame with it's unrivaled hilarity. Wonderful! If you have never seen this brilliant film then you haven't lived. This is one of the most enjoyable films that I have ever seen.

A Genius coming of age film dressed as a Goofy Comedy

Author: Clayton Mc from United States
17 February 2017

I saw this when I was a little kid and didn't appreciate the underlying themes till I just re-watched it today.

On the surface you get a lot of goofy, seemingly shallow comedy elements. The "Tallywacker" conversation is pure gold.

But underneath this movie is quite the genius of a comedy film with some pure, natural Drama thrown in for good measure.

Every Character is cool (even pee-wee). They're so cool they laugh at themselves as they fail to take themselves seriously at all.

A couple of the female characters are insanely hot. Particularly Kim Cattrall in her role as "lassie" and that Genius scene in the Gymnasium.

But beyond all the cool comedy elements there's some purely paced Drama too, albeit not much of it, but what Drama there is, very effectively deals with themes of friendship, prejudice, overcoming that prejudice through friendship, parental abuse and backing your friends up.

I know this movie is pretty old, but it still doesn't give a you know what. A lot of Comedy movies seem forced and borrowed, but this, this movie plays out as naturally as a normal day in the life of a passionate adolescent.

One reviewer said only adolescents will understand the comedy of this movie, I guess i'm mentally still an adolescent in some aspects then, because I totally get it and live it in some ways!

Thankfully this has hit blu ray!!!

Author: TheGDfather from Grand forks
19 January 2017

I was so glad to find this movie on blu ray I got super excited. I don't know where I found this at. I know I bought it from Wal-mart and I'm pretty sure it was in the 6 dollars. Yes you got it 6 dollars for a remastered classic like this from over 30 years ago. I can't really explain how I hate that missed the late 70's and 80's. I was born 77 so i missed a lot of these great classics and was able to judge for myself.

Now when you hear the name kim catrall you think of sex in the city. I put sex and the city on my list with the notebook (although the notebook ranks higher) with sappy things that are so focused around women and unreal I won't even play it at the house or allow anybody else to play it. But she had a wonderful decade just being a sex symbol. And honestly she didn't get her just due. You don't hear her name mentioned now do you? I mean Kim used to bring it with her looks. In this movie its no different. She was very beautiful and very attractive. And I'm so big on movies I read all the trivia for the movie plus I watch the movie in the directors voice so I can hear the trivia and him describe each scene and what it meant to him.

Kim basically called him up to do the part. She wasn't too hot about nudity but she said "sure no problem" when the director asked. Back then females didn't mind dropping them down to do a scene or two cause at the end of the day they knew if they were a great actor they will be noticed for it. Only the female actors who have nothing to offer are remembered for that. Sharon stone did the same thing in basic but casino she was known for her acting. Same in this movie.

Kim basically stole the show. And this might be the start of these sex teen movies. I have not seen them all. And I kind of want to see them. I grew up in the 90's and the fcc put a stamp on it. And when the late 90's hit i was in my 20's and they weren't showing movies at the theater like this. Not even close, nor will most directors do movies like this or the actors. So the private schools and the fast times at ridgemont high were long gone.

And another thing the movie was actually funny. Yeah I watched animal house and that has a cult following now. That wasn't nearly as funny as this nor nearly original. Oh and the director said all these things for the most part did happen. Which is why I didn't get any of that corniness when girls lean over for a kiss or go "dammit you need to like me, make it happen". What does happen is like in this movie the girl will be aggressive and just like the guy above the gym we take it from there.

As far as all the destruction they caused, they lost 2 points for that. But this movie had sex, a beautiful woman that everybody could love, a bunch of students who were funny, cops who acted like cops, and simply a bunch of bouncers and bar people who didn't like. But they made the film. The early 80's did a great job with nudity and showing horny teenagers. Not sure what happened after this generation. I guess filming for teenagers was still pretty new. You have to get your foot in the door somewhere. Now with modeling and a bunch of other avenues maybe they don't have to take that wrote. And if anybody is upset about the movie and the nudity. Well that is fine too.

Awesome Movie

Author: Michael Laidlaw
9 December 2016

Porky's Was One Great Movie I Seen In My Life. I would Tell Any One That Read This Review To Watch It Online Or Find It On DVD You'll Love It . It Was Too Bad That Wyatt Knight Who Played Tommy Turner Had To End His Own life In 2011 Rest In Peace. I Know the Movie was out in 1981 before i was Born In 1983. Porky's 2 Was Also A Great Movie. So Was Porky's 3. I Own All 3 Of Them On DVD. I Seen The First Porky's Film 233 Times. I Seen Poky's 2 50 Times. I Seen Porky's 3 49 Times. I think Any One That I've Not Seen ALL 3 Porky's Films Should Watch All 3 And Look Up on All Three Films Online Watch Any Videos On The Movie They Have Who Will Be Laugh So Hard.